Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > 500 Class Electric Helicopters > RCDN 500 Nitro Conversion

RCDN 500 Nitro Conversion R/C Depot Hobbies RCDN 500 Nitro Conversion Kit Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-23-2009, 09:34 PM   #21 (permalink)
Registered Users

I used the stock plastic rx tray by cutting it down and mounting it over the tail boom block to mount the Rx so when servicing the tail boom you don't have to remove the Rx.
Gernejr is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-29-2009, 09:05 PM   #22 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenHeli View Post
RCDepot/flyhelirus now offers the milled back plate and metal mounting bracket for those running the Spektrum sensor.
I wish I knew this ahead of time...I just ordered my kit today and wish I had these parts ordered at the same time.
Old 06-07-2009, 06:28 PM   #23 (permalink)
Registered Users

Just redid the 500n i cut down the battery tray and turned it upside down mounting it ove rhte boom with 2 screw then place a small piece of 2 way tape to hold the back of the tray to the boom . Now if i strip TT gears only remove tray and pull boom housing out.
also use my Mircoheli CF Rx tray in place of RCDN gyro mount to hold my Mutligov ..
Cleaned up some wiring by installing the 5.1 step into the 770 wiring and shorten the wire goingto th Rx.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0022.jpg
Views:	609
Size:	68.1 KB
ID:	100845   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0024.jpg
Views:	516
Size:	49.7 KB
ID:	100846  
Gernejr is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-30-2009, 12:39 AM   #24 (permalink)
Registered Users

Redid wiring for better Multigov placement. Used the supplied gyro mount and tilted in slightly at an angle and secure Multigov on top. Clears canopy with no problem.

Vbar and other electronics placement:
Basically used the supplied radio tray attached to the motor mount for the Vbar module on top and the Futaba RX mounted upside down underneath. The Align 2-in-1 is mounted to the baseplate and the portion where the writing is sits neatly under the suspended RX. The fuel tank sit up against, not on, the 2-in-1 where the wires come out. Mounted the battery under the bottom plate. Vbar sensor on top of boom mount (I did NOT try the front mounted sensor plate).

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2370_2.jpg
Views:	1100
Size:	47.7 KB
ID:	104014  

Last edited by puma1824; 07-01-2009 at 06:39 AM..
puma1824 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-10-2009, 10:49 AM   #25 (permalink)
Registered Users

Wow, real neat installation Puma 1824.

MM

IF IT FLIES, I CAN CERTAINLY CRASH IT!
metalmagus is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-29-2009, 01:34 PM   #26 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gernejr View Post
Just redid the 500n i cut down the battery tray and turned it upside down mounting it ove rhte boom with 2 screw then place a small piece of 2 way tape to hold the back of the tray to the boom . Now if i strip TT gears only remove tray and pull boom housing out.
also use my Mircoheli CF Rx tray in place of RCDN gyro mount to hold my Mutligov ..
Cleaned up some wiring by installing the 5.1 step into the 770 wiring and shorten the wire goingto th Rx.
There is just so much stuff all condensed into that heli ha.

I want one!! Would it be worth putting the header tank on? the kit doesn't come with one but I assume that it would give you a little more flight time... thoughts??

Mike
MKlinkerRC is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-03-2011, 04:28 AM   #27 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowflyer101 View Post
they are working on 700e
so now that the 550E and 700E are out do you think the 500N is on the cards?
Im only new to nitros and love my 500N, so i think this would be a match in heven.... Does anyone know of any conversion kits out there?
Old 01-24-2011, 03:07 AM   #28 (permalink)
Registered Users

I doubt it but, we were thinkin about throwing a .50 into the 550.
Old 03-24-2012, 09:38 AM   #29 (permalink)

Lightbulb

Well, to revive a dead thread...I have been seeing engine temps get too high despite how rich you make it. I eventually realized that the air-flow over the cylinder head is no where near enough. I use an Align 2 in 1 so, I have a push glow system. I cut the aligator clip that the 2 in 1 has for the glow plug and put a 'pull the wire, place on glow plug and release the wire' deal on there. I covered the hole in the fan shroud for the glow plug and sat the fan shroud tilted slightly forward OFF of the cylinder head, on TOP of the glow plug boot.
I also covered the rear of the fan (shroud off) w/ a piece of curved plastic attached firmly so the airflow isn't lost into the frame ...this should have been considered to begin with if you ask me.
But basically, the air flow has now MORE THAN doubled and I now see appropriate temps (according to how rich I make it, etc.) I am now able to use the MultigovPRO feature w/ a mixture control solenoid...I even have co-ilot 2 and a 2nd header tank on this insane trex 500!

love this ship!
SKYQUEST is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in