Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Antique Out of Production and Vintage Helicopters > E-Sky Helicopters > Belt CP

Belt CP E-Sky Belt CP

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-13-2009, 02:25 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Sell or not to sell

Hi everyone, Some of you guys are aware of my medical condition which does not allow me to fly. So now I have this beautiful new EXI that I have 500.00 + into but can't fly it without taking the chance of destroying it. I still have my belt that flys nearly as well as my EXI and my Lama for indoors. So should I sell it to someone that can take advantage of it or shelf it and wait.The problem is the DR's can't figure what is going on in my head so it could be along time before I can fly safely again.( I tried hovering the Belt the otherday and almost ran it into myself) What do you guys think? Any offers?
It would be a bind and fly deal if anyone were interested.

Jim
jmy2u is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-13-2009, 05:18 PM   #2 (permalink)

My HF Map location

I say put on the shelf and save it for that day you get everything figured and then you will take to the air..
One thing I have learned in my life is that you need something to do and have even when things are bad. My wife has had allot of med problems and I myself have had things that slow anyone down but to sell something you love just intell you get back on your feet only slows you down. If you already have it then keep it and it will save you alot of heart ache in the future.
Jimmy you will pull out of this before you know it and to be able to go home and put it in the air will make everything else seem so small..
But then again you have to know if this is what you love...
Good luck and I will be thinking of all good for you and all other freaks...
MTboy is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-13-2009, 07:17 PM   #3 (permalink)

I gotta agree with MTboy who said everything perfect.

You'll pull out of this, when you do you may regret selling that stunning bird (I sure as heck would!). It may even give you something extra too shoot for perhaps if you love it that much. We all need something to keep us going and want to move forward, and I believe any extra thing, no matter how small or big, is important.

But if it makes you feel better - in all honesty, I'd buy that bird in a heart beat if I wasn't totally broken from vehicle repairs (damn catalytic converts are more then gold!). =P
B2TheEYo is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-13-2009, 07:46 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I say keep the birds. If you can't fly them at least setum on the shelf and let them look cool. But I'll buy a lama from you:o
GAUI 200 (under reconstruction)
Trex 450 (sponsered by Pittjitsu)
creteus is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-13-2009, 07:59 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by creteus View Post
I say keep the birds. If you can't fly them at least setum on the shelf and let them look cool. But I'll buy a lama from you:o
Mine are hanging on the wall like a set of deer horns.

Landing gear against the wall - hanging from a string from the body to a screw on the wall.

Always gets some questions and interest when people come over.
B2TheEYo is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-14-2009, 12:37 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Keep them Jim, You will get better then you would have to start again,
Ian 777 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-14-2009, 10:33 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

+1 everybody keep em' cause when you feel better you'll want em'!
Old 03-14-2009, 11:12 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Even if i got only eyes i wont sell mines...

Because there´s inst any more beauty than this little birds and i come happy only for looking it over my table everyday...
conex is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-14-2009, 11:23 AM   #9 (permalink)
Thread Starter Thread Starter

OK you convinced me I am keeping it,for now. The problem is I am going to have major medical bills coming in real soon. That means something has to give. If you have noticed my Avatar I ride and that has been my real love since 5 years old,not that I don't love my helis but they will have to be given up before the scooter.
Old 03-14-2009, 11:30 AM   #10 (permalink)

My HF Map location

I understand that Jim. Love to ride as much as I can and would give anything up before giving in on riding.. But like you said your bills will be coming in and stacking up. By selling anything to pay for a bill is crazy if you love it. You already have it and if selling you can pay a bill but then a month later you have more and now with no heli...
Old 03-14-2009, 11:36 AM   #11 (permalink)

Of course you are correct,it is just very stressfull.So you ride too? I am planning on making my way to Montana this summer,maybe we can get together for a fly and a ride?What part of the state are you in.?
Old 03-14-2009, 11:46 AM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Were really with you in heart man, I know about the stress, I got to have more biopsies on my neck and a camera pushed up my nose and down my throat, thought
I'd got past this, still every thing will work out ok
Ian 777 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-14-2009, 11:47 AM   #13 (permalink)

My HF Map location

Missoula Montana- West side of the state with the Rockies...lol
I do ride and have been all my life but have had some bad luck last two years and have had 2 bikes stolen.. All I have left is my 4x4 fourwheeler.
Was planning on buying this this summer but now that I'm laid off it's not looking that way..
http://www.buell.com/en_us/bikes/str...SX/gallery.asp
Old 03-14-2009, 12:23 PM   #14 (permalink)

Well maybe by summer you will have another set of wheels,I will definately look you up if I make it that way.
Old 03-14-2009, 12:33 PM   #15 (permalink)

My HF Map location

Hope to have a job in a few weeks. Talked to a guy about some work yesterday so thinks may still be in reach.. If you do make it up let me know and we can fly and have a BBQ...
Old 03-15-2009, 12:46 PM   #16 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmy2u View Post
OK you convinced me I am keeping it,for now. The problem is I am going to have major medical bills coming in real soon. That means something has to give. If you have noticed my Avatar I ride and that has been my real love since 5 years old,not that I don't love my helis but they will have to be given up before the scooter.
Good choice. And remember, although flying is most of the fun, part of this hobby is coming on this forum and disscusing what upgrades or problems you have encounterd with your build. And even just talking about genral stuff.

I also have medical condition which has affected my life. I practically gave up social life after passing my GCSE's. And it's the worst thing to do. The only time I go out is when my cousins are down from aldridge. Of course though, I count you guys as friends and although I am not talking to you lot in person. I can still tell you if i've had a good day and talk about general stuff and it keeps me sane I do still keep in touch with my friend online though

-Jonny

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in