Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Simulators Support > Phoenix Flight Sim

Phoenix Flight Sim Phoenix Flight Sim

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-30-2011, 09:05 AM   #161 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by wc_wickedclown View Post
that was rad man.
thank you, thank you very much..

Blade 180 CFX, Sold the rest of my stuff, I dont really fly all that often any more.
dannylightning is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-07-2011, 10:53 PM   #162 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

Here's my latest.. finally am getting all my orientations down. To view this you need to download the Matyasfold_HQ scenery and you WANT too.. this is the best scene I have found yet for for Phoenix!

http://members.iif.hu/laszlo.csaba/Matyasfold_HQ.ZIP
Attached Files
File Type: zip sly_feb_2011.zip (1.67 MB, 127 views)
Old 02-09-2011, 11:34 AM   #163 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Trex 700 Recording

This is a recording of the TREX 700 E 3G lets see who can notice something different about the Chaos. Ignore the crash at the end.
Attached Files
File Type: zip TREX 700.zip (211.5 KB, 127 views)
WayneVanRooyen is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-09-2011, 10:11 PM   #164 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Sim Recordings

The above recording was done by someone local and he has offered to put some more recordings of what people would like to learn. So fire away at what you would like to learn so i can get him recording. I find they help as you can slow the recording down and watch what the sticks and heli does nice and slow.
Cheers Wayne
Old 02-10-2011, 05:40 AM   #165 (permalink)
Registered Users

I don't have that model, is it possible to have one with just a normal 700? with stick movements please of the chaos. Thank you.
Old 02-10-2011, 08:31 AM   #166 (permalink)
Registered Users

Would that be the Trex 700E or Trex 700N that you want. Or if you do an online update you would get the 700E 3G.
As far as stick movements go you can turn those on and off regardless of if it was recorded on or off as far as i know, just have to click the radio icon in the playback bar of the video.
Old 02-12-2011, 12:34 AM   #167 (permalink)
Registered Users

Wayne I still got the old phoenix sim. so any model prior to the new release phoenix, i supposse. Are you sure this is not you that is flyin? Also wayne, any chance for piro reversals? please? TIA
Old 02-12-2011, 02:55 AM   #168 (permalink)
Registered Users

i think im ready to take my sim to the field

Old 02-12-2011, 05:35 AM   #169 (permalink)
Registered Users

i'm still a long way away to be good enough on the field. But you sir, are most definately ready. Can't wait for the flight video. all the best with your trex 450.
Old 02-12-2011, 09:22 AM   #170 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitchp View Post
i'm still a long way away to be good enough on the field. But you sir, are most definately ready. Can't wait for the flight video. all the best with your trex 450.
thank you.

playing with the expos on the sim then transferring similar expos to my real heli might give me that locked in feeling ive always been looking for.
i want to show that a person can go from the sim to the field and go inverted
Old 02-12-2011, 01:06 PM   #171 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Still working on it. Simming everyday since just before Christmas. Progression is slooooow for me. I like to fly many different helis for which I make copies that are set at 100% (advanced) with either 0% expo on 500 and bigger and -5% expo for 450 and smaller. I really like the 500 sized helis.
Attached Files
File Type: zip trex500_flight1.zip (727.7 KB, 101 views)
mistercrash is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-12-2011, 01:12 PM   #172 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by mistercrash View Post
I like to fly many different helis for which I make copies that are set at 100% (advanced) with either 0% expo on 500 and bigger and -5% expo for 450 and smaller. I really like the 500 sized helis.
Yikes! I run +30% on A and E with the 550 and 700 and working on 3D stuff
Old 02-12-2011, 01:20 PM   #173 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slyster View Post
Yikes! I run +30% on A and E with the 550 and 700 and working on 3D stuff
Maybe it's a mistake to do that on my part but I read in here that the 450s and under need to be set at -5% expo on A and E and R to feel more like the real thing. I choose to set the 500 helis and bigger to 0% expo on everything to hone my reflexes. Some models have minus expo on A and E by default so I leave them like that.
Old 02-12-2011, 01:26 PM   #174 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Then your real helis are way way to touchy? I can hardly fly the 450 stock on pheonix.. even pros use + expo (jr/spektrum) and up to 40% on the tail.
Old 02-12-2011, 01:44 PM   #175 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I don't have any helis yet so I don't know how they feel in real life. I can only go with what I read from experienced RC heli pilots. One thing I am sure of though is that no matter how my sim is set, when I do get a real heli, it's going to be like starting over again. But what I'm learning on the sim now will help me progress much faster with a real heli. But I know I'm still going to crash
Old 02-12-2011, 01:47 PM   #176 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Try this varient... my Outrage 550... with 0 expo set in your radio (it's all set on the model) and you will feel EXACTLY how my heli feels in real life! Try it and let me know what you think. (drop into my documents/phoenixrc/variants).. might be a helicopters folder after that I can't remember.
Attached Files
File Type: zip outrage550_SLY550v2.pxv.zip (1.8 KB, 101 views)
Old 02-12-2011, 02:21 PM   #177 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Thank you for the settings on the Outrage 550, I'll try it.

EDIT: Wow! I tried it and it seems really smooth and slow I'm still going to practice on the sim with aggressive settings because if what you gave me is really how you can have a real heli react then I'll be alright when it comes time for me to start flying my first heli. Just as a comparison, this is what I have been practicing with in the last few days and this is what I used for the movie clip I posted.
Attached Files
File Type: zip trex500_3D Copy.zip (1.3 KB, 80 views)

Last edited by mistercrash; 02-12-2011 at 03:58 PM..
Old 02-13-2011, 01:15 AM   #178 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by mistercrash View Post
Thank you for the settings on the Outrage 550, I'll try it.

EDIT: Wow! I tried it and it seems really smooth and slow I'm still going to practice on the sim with aggressive settings because if what you gave me is really how you can have a real heli react then I'll be alright when it comes time for me to start flying my first heli. Just as a comparison, this is what I have been practicing with in the last few days and this is what I used for the movie clip I posted.
I just tried the outrage. I don't normally fly bigger birds, but definately a different ball game. It will take some time to get use to. This is my first time on this outrage.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7FYUky6Mtgw[/ame]
Old 02-13-2011, 01:51 AM   #179 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

It might seem slow.. especially compared to the stock Phoenix helis... but my flying style is BIG 3D and smooth. Good video PitchP!

As I progress I will slowly lower the expo but I will not need to change anything else since the helis (both in sim and real life) are pretty fast for flip and roll rates.... But right now in my 4th year it's perfect for what I am working on.
Old 02-13-2011, 10:10 AM   #180 (permalink)
Registered Users

Ok, well I didn't read through the entire thread, so bear with me here, and I should state that I am a newb as I just got the sim. I am enjoying the sim, however im not sure I have the controls set up right. I am using the dx5e transmitter that came with the sim. I have a futaba on the 7c. So I chose the transmitter out of the list, will this set me up automatically? I also I would like to do some upside down hovering and such but dont know how to get it to do that. I feel as though my throttle should go in the negative (down from center stick) to do this, but when I try to set it up like that I dont have enough throttle to take off and it idles down mid stick. Any way, when im reading things I do not know simple things like : throttle hold, collective pitch, cyclic? Yeah, I Wikipedia collective pitch and it gives me real helli controls, and it looks as though its the same as throttle? Oh man feel like im in quick sand here.

I also tried importing someone els's recording and that didnt seem to work, I move it to the recording folder but there is no play in phoenix selection, and I cant find any recording stuff of any kind in the sim. Well, I didnt think just setting up controls would be this difficult. The sim is fun, I can do roles, loops and crash, but somethings seems off. for instance I really have a msr, and it does the pindulum rocking because of the 45deg fly bar, but it does not do that in the game. I just want to be working toward flying a real one, thats all.
comments and questions please.
wantabe23 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in