Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > nano CP X

nano CP X Blade nano CP X Helicopters Information and Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-08-2013, 10:25 AM   #101 (permalink)
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocketman777 View Post
What advantages do you see over the MRS Blades?

Try it, you'll see...

OK I can list some advantages of T-Rex 100 blades on Nano:
- longer flight times
- much more precise controll of cyclics
- more punch, faster acceleration when needed
- much better stability
- Align blades are longer and difference is like between 600 and 600 stretched to 700
- less drag, Align blades generate less aerodynamic resistance, they have less built in positive pitch, are less asymmetric
- much better sound (more bass )
- crash resistance not compromised
- Align blades are much cheaper (half price of mSR blades at least in Poland)
- Align blades can be screwed much tighter in blade grips without generating vibrations during the flight.
- flips and rolls are much easier outdoors and result in less height loss comparing to mSR blades.

Rakonheli swash plate and Align T-Rex 100 blades made my Nano fly much "bigger", faster, more precise and due to this precission I do crash much les often.

H I G H L Y
R E C O M M E N D E D setup...
utrinque is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-08-2013, 11:23 AM   #102 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thanks for the info! I am set up right now with MSR blades and will rogram my DX7 this week and give it a go. I will also look for a good source for Align 100 blades. Can you post pictures of the work that needs to be done the Align blades?

Thanks!
Rocketman777 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-08-2013, 12:07 PM   #103 (permalink)

Quote:
Thanks for the info! I am set up right now with MSR blades and will rogram my DX7 this week and give it a go. I will also look for a good source for Align 100 blades. Can you post pictures of the work that needs to be done the Align blades?
Thanks!
voila...

Old 03-08-2013, 09:09 PM   #104 (permalink)
Registered Users

Nice work! So aero is better with the 100 blades over the MSR- is the hover stability better as well? Also, how are the o rings working out - are they necessary?

Thanks!
Old 03-08-2013, 10:08 PM   #105 (permalink)

Quote:
Nice work! So aero is better with the 100 blades over the MSR- is the hover stability better as well? Also, how are the o rings working out - are they necessary?

Thanks!
Hover stability is better. You get orings with RKH swash. I did not fly without them.
Old 03-09-2013, 09:19 AM   #106 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichKnapp View Post
I have a pair of XTreme CB 100 +1 blades here I'm going to try out. I got them for a mod on another heli I used to have, but they didn't work.
Those blades generate much more drag, aerodynamic resistance and lift. They are ok for 1S mCP X. With them mCP X is ultra stable on low RPM in normal mode.

Nano motor is to weak for them.

Last edited by utrinque; 03-10-2013 at 12:06 AM..
Old 03-13-2013, 12:51 PM   #107 (permalink)
Registered Users

Okay so I got a set of the Align blades; how do you fit them to the Nano's blade grips? From the stock 100 blades I'd guess You snip off the leading edge thingie and then what file down the thick mounting area stuffs until the blades for the stock grips? Then you line them up and drill holes in each blade in of course the exact same spot and you're done?

I tried the Walkera CB100's and the tracking was so bad that I just gave up and went back to stock so I hope I don't have the same luck with these...

Happy Flying!
Drew816 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-03-2013, 09:34 AM   #108 (permalink)
Registered Users

With this Mod, which blades work best with a BL conversion? Is anyone running the Align100/MSRX/MSR main rotors on a BL conversion?

Thanks
Old 06-04-2013, 09:21 AM   #109 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by utrinque View Post
Those blades generate much more drag, aerodynamic resistance and lift. They are ok for 1S mCP X. With them mCP X is ultra stable on low RPM in normal mode.

Nano motor is to weak for them.
Sorry I'm way late. Yes I found that out. A BIG NO GO. lol
RichKnapp is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-11-2013, 04:11 PM   #110 (permalink)

Here you can find my statement regarding brushed motors longevity with this mod:

https://www.helifreak.com/showpost.p...2&postcount=26
Old 07-30-2013, 02:25 PM   #111 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default S107 blades

Hi all,

I had some S107 blades that I tried on my nano CPX (the ones from the top rotor), and they also seem to work just fine! I had to set the pitch curve to something around 50% +/- (which is zero pitch). I first needed to use subtrim in stunt mode to ensure that 50% pitch matches to zero pitch of the blades.

Anyone else tries the Syma S107 blades?

MBA
mba83 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-01-2013, 02:28 PM   #112 (permalink)

There are right and left turning blades. Motor rotation of brushed motor should be reversable. I wonder if gyro would handle left rotating blades...
Old 08-01-2013, 07:23 PM   #113 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default S107 blades

Nah, you need to use the top (right rotating) blades. They seem to be of just perfect size for the nano.

MBA
mba83 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-07-2013, 09:24 PM   #114 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thanks for all the info guys. I flew a Mcx and have bought a nano but first few flights not good. I tried the blades and it works much better. I plan on buying the o rings and trying them soon also.
mikem. is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-11-2013, 05:27 PM   #115 (permalink)

I have tried Syma 107G blades and do not like them. Nano is flyable but mSR blades create much less drag and tail holds much betterwith them.

Just my subjective experience.
Old 09-26-2013, 01:13 PM   #116 (permalink)
Registered Users

I'm going to give this a try since my Nano is way beyond me but I'd like to try it again at least. Should I use the Dx4 transmitter or my DX6i? If I use my DX6i do I need to change my throttle curve and adjust D/R Expo? Anyone have settings they can share?
ToddMcF2002 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-26-2013, 02:53 PM   #117 (permalink)
Registered Users

It seems the feedback concerning the different blade mod is mixed...

With stock blades, I run

Throttle and Pitch set up like the mCPx instructions available here
https://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=399727

Low Rates
Elev: 70% Rate 25% Expo
Alie: 70% Rate 25% Expo
Rudd:100% Rate 25% Expo

High Rates
Elev: 100% Rate 0% Expo
Alie: 100% Rate 0% Expo
Rudd:100% Rate 0% Expo

When you're ready to get crazy try 125% rates. If you go much lower than 70% for training purposes or low rates, I feel you start to get into lack of control problems, then you can't bail out using a sharp input even if you know what needs to be done.

For more details, I highly recommend following the setup guide for the mCPx mentioned above.

I had mCPx first, and copied the profile to a different slot to customize it for the Nano, discovering that the Nano worked great with the tuned settings offered here for mCPx also.

It helps for me, just as on mCPx, to limit pitch travel to 75% to prevent excessive bogging on the main rotor.

Sorry, off topic.
jcmo is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-27-2013, 10:13 AM   #118 (permalink)
Registered Users

Starting with the low rates makes sense to me with the MSR blades. My concern is the fixed lift of the blades and should I worry about the throttle curve or will the reduced RPMs make that a non-concern?
ToddMcF2002 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-27-2013, 12:55 PM   #119 (permalink)

Do not be affraid to experiment.

I really like DX 4 for Nano.

If You use DX 6 or higher start with settings described in manual.
Old 02-21-2014, 04:13 PM   #120 (permalink)
Registered Users

I tried the MSR blades on my Nano CP X with the same settings I was using on my DX6i with the stock CP blades. Much more stable, less twitchy, and doesn't just drift off in one direction out of a hover for no apparent reason like it did with the stock blades bulleted or bulletless.

I confirm this works well. Even flew it out in 10-15 mph wind, able to hold loose hover for about 2-3 min before getting blown down, with a bit of work, but with the stock blades I might last 15 seconds at best in that wind.

For a new CP learner like me, this is great. It's a confidence builder. Note that they still work with collective pitch settings, for those that say it is now a FP heli. Still CP, just not 3D CP.

Hmmm ..I wonder what my Blade 300X would fly like with say, MJX F45 rotor blades installed..
darowden is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in