Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > JLog - The JIVE logging stamp

JLog - The JIVE logging stamp JLog - The JIVE logging stamp - Official English Support Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-14-2012, 10:23 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Red face Could Someone Double Check My Config File

It would be much appreciated

Here is a screen shot and a couple of questions around the alarms, been reading the manual and searching J-Log.net and have started to get cross eyed For the most part I think I'm on the right path but just need some reassurance. I d/l'd the latest versions of JLC and LogView from J-Log website and grabbed the latest firmware as well. I'm using the JLC to configure my SD card and I think I have it set up correctly to export in LogView files creating new logs every time using Logmode 0. I'm gonna be running 4400mAh battteries so I set my Ubat Min at 44 and my CapMax at 13 (hoping this would be right for the alarm to work if I used more than 70% of my battery). The big question I have is what does PA stand for and what temp value should I use here? I take it has something to do with the temp of the ESC or possibly the battery

Last thing for now... I do need the Ubec Dip checked if I want to see if my Amp spikes are causing stress on my BEC correct?

My set up is Black Edition Pyro 700-52 HJIve 120 HV on a 13T. BTW is my gear ratio correct for a TDR, I pulled it out of the manual but in there it is listed as 12.36:1 so I guess it's the same as 1:12.36... I could just be over complicating this part

Thanks in advance guys
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	JLC - HJ120HV.jpg
Views:	101
Size:	100.2 KB
ID:	289753  
KidHeli is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-15-2012, 02:20 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hi!

Looks OK so far.

Alarm at 1300mAh? Hmm, that is 29.5% of the 4400, 31 (3100mAh) w'd be the right value, then 70% of the capacity is eaten and 30% (theoretically) still in.

44V as alarm threshold for 12S?! This is 3.67V per cell. No..., get 3.2V per cell or less.

Why alarms? You do not use a telemetry for alarming nor an alarm line running into a D.I.Y. alarm device in the model. So alarms will be logged only.

Ubec dip: If the BEC voltage dips by 0.5V below the initial voltage (measured shortly after startup) and that minimal voltage lasts for a certain time, the alarm will be triggered. So use this always together w/ other alarms configured.

The gear ratio looks OK, but I do not remember at the moment what the nominal ratio in a TDR is (multi-stage gear).

Tom
Old 02-15-2012, 07:21 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

Thanks Tom, could catch on the math lol...

I will be running a 12 setup so I still need to change the threshold to 3.2 or less because it sees the individual cell V correct and not the overall V like I have it setup currently?

Also do you mind explaining to me what is Temp PA or better what PA refers to. I saw the alarm in the manual set to 90 C but not sure what I should run with my set up and don't want to input an arbitrary number with out being somewhat educated on what it means.

Thanks
Old 02-15-2012, 01:24 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
because it sees the individual cell V correct and not the overall V like I have it setup currently?
No, overall voltage only of course, so the alarm threshold should be not higher than about 3.2V*12 = 38.4V.

Quote:
Also do you mind explaining to me what is Temp PA or better what PA refers to.
PA = Power Amplifier
This is the temperature of the power FETs in degrees Celsius.
The JIVE will shutdown (PWM decreasing to zero within about 15 seconds) if exceeding 100°C.

Btw: If you'd prefer to have LogView showing °F, simply open one time this file by LogView. LV will learn a device JLog2Fahrenheit by that.

Tom
Old 02-15-2012, 04:26 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Tom you are the man! Thanks.

I should have a log file to post Friday from my test flight, can't wait to crunch the data and see what is really going on under the canopy
Old 02-15-2012, 04:39 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Post the .lov file here, an export out of LogView. May be you'll have to zip it to be able to use it as an attachment here.

Did you manage it already to import a log into LV? IMPORT, NOT OPEN!

Look here also.
Old 02-15-2012, 05:15 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

No haven't tried that yet. I'll have to give it a go tonight if I don't work to late.

BTW, when I installed LV it also installed a "console " . Would I ever use this?

I noticed that when I was installing Logview it would read Hyperion files, would I need to do another install for this or could I just open some logs I already have from the Hyperion data suite?

Sent from my SGH-T959V using Tapatalk
Old 02-15-2012, 05:42 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Console? Hmm, never saw that. Guess you don't need it.

Yes, LogView knows of a huge number of devices, simply give it a try by "select device", then import your log file(s).

An arbitrary device can be defined by a .INI device setup file. So we may define devices that are not already included in LV, e.g. JLog2Fahrenheit. This is the .INI file for the standard JLog2 (but natively known by LV as "SM/JLog2"). Another way is to export imported logs out of LV into a .lov. Such a file contains a header which describes the device also (as a .INI does) - and includes all of your personal setup of LV for that device. That's the reason why by opening the .lov Example_Jlog2Fahrenheit.lov LV learns that device new to LV as it w'd do by a .INI device setup file in the appropriate directory also (but more "complicated").

Notice: OpenFormat log files (device files) have to be IMPORTED, not opened!
...wheras .lov files (exports) have to be opened by LV.

Tom
Old 02-17-2012, 06:12 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default Got some data to crunch...

Tom,
Here is my file from today, they are in open format. I'm working through trying to figure out my graph and what everything means at the moment but thought I would share and see what you or anyone else thinks, I do believe I ran my battery too long
Attached Files
File Type: zip d000-510.zip (89.3 KB, 53 views)
Old 02-18-2012, 05:05 AM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

Strange log, really, not to call it "ugly".

What did you do? Looks like motor on/off several times, hovering in between.

The wrong thing is: 100% throttle --> 100% PWM!
Hey! Do not want to have a working speed control? The maximum throttle is 60..65% to let enough headroom for PWM that the rpm control can work.

Battery: A bit too long, yes. Sucked 4000mAh, capacity alarm was at 14 minutes, you end up 16:40 or 16 minutes effectively.

Tom

Unzip the .lov.zip and open (yes, OPEN) the .lov by LV, e.g. by clicking it in a Windows explorer.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	KidHeli.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	130.1 KB
ID:	290759  
Attached Files
File Type: zip KidHeli.lov.zip (110.7 KB, 46 views)
Old 02-18-2012, 12:40 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Tom,
I was talking with Magneto last night and I was explaining to him that I never heard any RPM changes through out my flight, he helped me reprogram my Jive b/c we think I did it wrong and the Jive never learned my throttle end points. I am going to try and give another go today with the new Mode 4 programmed and see if this results in a better log.

Any suggestions on where to start my TC%'s to get 1400/1700/1850?

Thanks
Old 02-18-2012, 04:26 PM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Any suggestions on where to start my TC%'s to get 1400/1700/1850?
No, sorry. Try Fredrik's HS calculator.
Old 03-04-2012, 11:00 PM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

Kidheli 14t is the better option for the jive and b/e you don't want higher than 65% throttle percentage on tx for enough headroom on jive
Stolla is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-05-2012, 08:47 PM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Stolla thanks for tip. How would the 14t affect the esc for lower rpm say 1400-1450? That s the HS I'll be flying for a while.

My initial thought is I would have more torque but not consume as much mAh...

I think that's what I was understanding from the 4535 Scorp discussion in the TDR forum when they were talking about pinions.

Sent from my LG-V909 using Tapatalk
Old 03-27-2012, 08:36 PM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default New Log Files

Tom/Magneto/Everybody,
Thought I would post some new files from a couple of TDR flights. I have been trying to find a sweet spot with flight time and rotor RPM using JLog and I think I am pretty close. Ideally I wanted to get as close to the recommended HS's that Jan references in the manual for Flight modes 1 and 2 but have found that if you want anything higher than 1700 RPM then you will defiantly have to go up a tooth on your pinion as the TDR vets have explained in numerous threads; I believe that they found that the Pyro is actually a higher kv than 520 and more like 560 which is why you can't achieve the 1850 at the TC in the manual... not sure but this is info that I have gathered. Also I am using the BE Pyro and Jive and the Pyro is wound with a 1.4mm wire as opposed to stock so this could be another factor.

But at any rate I thought I would share my files for anyone running a similar set up, I know Magneto will be so Joe I hope these help with your set up in May. Also got to say I have become a JLog Freak on top of a HeliFreak... data logging is contagious

I welcome all feedback or thoughts around the logs
Attached Files
File Type: txt log00017.txt (434.2 KB, 105 views)
File Type: txt log00018.txt (461.7 KB, 71 views)
File Type: txt log00019.txt (637.4 KB, 131 views)
Old 03-28-2012, 03:49 PM   #16 (permalink)
Registered Users

Sorry for the delay, I am very busy these days.. Leaving the company after 20 yrs, new job, j-log.net has to move, - and many development projects on "the other rail".

So what is the question?

I think the KV of the BE will be lower, - more plates.

Even Log #2 looking still OK (PWM), at least at that moderate flying level (Imot).

Always attach the .lov here.

Attachment: Inflate the .lov.zip, download and install LogView, open the .lov (yes, OPEN, not import device file).

Tom

Attached Files
File Type: zip KidHeli_3logs.lov.zip (58.8 KB, 50 views)
Old 03-28-2012, 08:27 PM   #17 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Tom,
No question really just wanted to share my file for others to look at that might be running a similar set up. So you're leaving JLog and Logview company??? What will that mean for us? Or are you leaving your main company and still going to support JLog and Logview?

Don't leave Tom
Old 03-29-2012, 01:53 PM   #18 (permalink)
Registered Users

No! JLog & Co. is not my main job, that's hobby so far. My main job is IT, bigger computers.
I stay w/ JLog of course.

Tom
Old 03-29-2012, 07:08 PM   #19 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

whew okay.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in