Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Mikado Logo Helicopters

Mikado Logo Helicopters Mikado Logo Helicopters Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-24-2011, 07:11 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Logo 600se build, got some questions...

I just started building the Logo 600se to be used for aerial video/photo. This is my first Mikado heli and I already have some questions.

Issue 1: In the manual it shows 2 spacers, one on each side of the tail shaft inside of the bearings. But it appears only one spacer fits, if I use both spacers then the carbon sides do not come close enough together to but up against the rear cross support. See pictures 1 and 2. In picture 1 you can see the extra parts that I have left over, one spacer and 2 washers. I don't see the washers in the instructions and the spacer won't fit, what am I doing wrong?

Issue 2: The main frame belt tensioners were not in part bag 6 like the manual says, but they are in part bag 1. However in part bag 1 there are 2 tensioners, 2 metal axles, and only 2 black plastic spacers. The manual shows 4 plastic spacers, 2 for each pulley. Am I missing parts or did something get changed (since parts are in different bags now I thought I'd ask)?? See picture 3, these are the only 2 spacers I have.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	tail01.jpg
Views:	103
Size:	55.8 KB
ID:	242192   Click image for larger version

Name:	tail02.jpg
Views:	96
Size:	46.5 KB
ID:	242193   Click image for larger version

Name:	tensioner.jpg
Views:	112
Size:	352.9 KB
ID:	242194  
onlocation is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-24-2011, 07:24 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

The bearing on the small carbon tail case is not pushed in all the way, that is why you can't get everything to fit. Fully seat that bearing, and it's best to use a little epoxy to keep them in their place. The metal washers go inside the tail gear if you have any play with the tail shaft (the gear is actually a two-piece part, assembled at the factory). You can easily disassemble the gear and put the shims in if you need to.

You should have 4 of those pulley spacers, if they're not in any other bags then you need to contact wherever you purchased the kit from to get some, you cannot fly without them (two for each pulley, one on top, on on bottom). And when you install them, be aware that there is a specific way to mount them: the side with the small ridge goes against the bearing.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	tail01.jpg
Views:	92
Size:	107.7 KB
ID:	242196  
gravydrive is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-24-2011, 07:56 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

when seating the bearings into the cf plates make sure your not pushing real hard , if you need to push a fair bit it will distort the bearing and it won't last long

take a piece of sandpaper (fine ~ 600-100) and give it a few LIGHT swipes on the innerside of the cf plate , check often as you don't want to go to far and have a sloppy fit.

5-10 minutes here will save a set of bearings.

Instead of epoxy i put a thin line of ca under the bearing flange (fine line - say 1/16th wide) before i pop the bearing in. Not even all round either , basicly were looking for the cf plate to lightly hold of the bearing in place , the bit of ca is just extra insurance.

tighten up the 4 clamp bolts evenly in a cross pattern , too much on one side will cause the 2 plates not to be parallel.

For grounding i run a 2mm screw thru the cf vertical fin and into the boom. This connects the tail case (cf conductive) to the boom and doesn't allow the tailcase to slide up the boom

martin
Logo 600 8917/ 9188 4035-500 VBC NEO
rcmarty is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-24-2011, 08:13 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Thanks for the replies, I'll contact readyheli in the morning to get more spacers, they are not in any of the other bags.

onlocation is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in