Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > nano CP X

nano CP X Blade nano CP X Helicopters Information and Help

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-17-2013, 10:15 AM   #341 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default R: Nano CP X tips

Sorry guys, one question;
The Swashplate linkage lengths – 25mm all tree link or only two lateral?
And how long is back link?
Thanks

Sent tomy Asus Transformer Pad TF300T + EnergyRom JB 4.2.1 Rooted + TWRP Recovery
stevtec86 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-22-2013, 09:17 AM   #342 (permalink)
Registered Users

What a great sticky. I'll be back when I get my nano.
CommanderAwesome is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-22-2013, 04:08 PM   #343 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevtec86 View Post
Sorry guys, one question;
The Swashplate linkage lengths – 25mm all tree link or only two lateral?
And how long is back link?
Thanks

Sent tomy Asus Transformer Pad TF300T + EnergyRom JB 4.2.1 Rooted + TWRP Recovery
No two helis are equal. Add aftermarket parts to that mix and it differs even more. This is what you should do (don't copy others lengths):

1) Throttle hold in idle up with a linear pitch curve 0-25-50-75-100
2) Center your left stick (pitch). Fold the blades backwards.
3) Adjust the swash links one by one until the swash plate is level. AND you have zero pitch. This is when the two blades are parallell.
4) Check full pos and neg pitch. You will see a "<"
5) Adjust individually max throw in your TX for pos and neg pitch until you have equal "<" both ways.

If you find it gets too much pop, go down on collective both ways, but always keep it equal pos vs neg.

And again: Don't listen to someone who tells you to add this or that much travel/pitch. You must find out this on YOUR specific heli!

Hope this can be useful for ya!
Radio: Spektrum DX8 Gen 1

Last edited by SHYguy; 04-23-2013 at 03:10 AM.. Reason: forgot to mention to set zero pitch
SHYguy is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-22-2013, 07:44 PM   #344 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHYguy View Post
5) Adjust individually max throw in your TX for pos and neg pitch until you have equal "<" both ways.
...or adjust all three links equally longer for more up pitch, or shorter for more down pitch; right?
marctrudeau is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-23-2013, 03:09 AM   #345 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by marctrudeau View Post
...or adjust all three links equally longer for more up pitch, or shorter for more down pitch; right?
No, then you'll change it for both directions. You must set up this as separate up/down endpoints.

Note! Forgot one important thing!!! When you have your stick at center, then adjust the swash so that the swash plate is level AND you have zero pitch. With the blades folded backwards they must be parallell! Adjust the links until you have this.

Then afterwards adjust pos and neg pitch until you have the amount you want. And until they're equal.
Old 04-23-2013, 05:33 AM   #346 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHYguy View Post
No, then you'll change it for both directions. You must set up this as separate up/down endpoints.

Note! Forgot one important thing!!! When you have your stick at center, then adjust the swash so that the swash plate is level AND you have zero pitch. With the blades folded backwards they must be parallell! Adjust the links until you have this.

Then afterwards adjust pos and neg pitch until you have the amount you want. And until they're equal.
Makes sense. Thanks!
marctrudeau is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-23-2013, 10:34 AM   #347 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by CommanderAwesome View Post
What a great sticky. I'll be back when I get my nano.
you PM'ed me but you are not set up to receive them. u can also email me with questions too.

cheers mate
audacity is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-17-2013, 04:31 PM   #348 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hey not sure if anybody has suggested these few things so I'll suggest

•carefully coat the tail boom with CA
•add foam to canopy to protect circuit board- not a cheap fix if broken
•for newbies to CP helis put low rates at 85% and high at 100%
•BE CAREFULL WITH SWASH AND LINKAGES!!

I will post pictures of the foam soon.
-good luck
Wildcat1214 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-17-2013, 05:31 PM   #349 (permalink)
Registered Users

Old 10-17-2013, 05:36 PM   #350 (permalink)
Registered Users

Dang it can't figure out how to post pics!!
Old 10-17-2013, 06:46 PM   #351 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildcat1214 View Post
Dang it can't figure out how to post pics!!
https://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=212450
Old 10-18-2013, 11:29 PM   #352 (permalink)
Registered Users

thx
Old 10-19-2013, 06:40 AM   #353 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default Power tip!

Whether stock or brushless - get yourself some 45C 200mAh Micro Heli batteries, they really rock! Anyone tested the new E-Flite 45C batteries???

And keep in mind that they degrade over time (I store mine fully charged), so buy some new ones if they've lost their umph.

Happy flying!
Old 10-20-2013, 05:07 PM   #354 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default some pics

Click image for larger version

Name:	photo 2.jpg
Views:	768
Size:	63.6 KB
ID:	459297

Click image for larger version

Name:	photo 1.jpg
Views:	576
Size:	72.0 KB
ID:	459298
Old 01-09-2014, 01:06 PM   #355 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian James View Post
Guys, here are some tips from us here in Product Development. We've found that the Nano CP X is pretty darn durable, but if you crash, there is always the possibility that a part gets damaged. Below are some helpful tips if you are experiencing problems.

Nano CP X Tips & Tricks

• Spindle – when installing a replacement spindle, ensure that there is no in and out play and the grips are able to rotate freely. Do not over tighten. Put a small dab of white glue or rubber cement on the spindle nut.

• Vibrations – If you are having bad vibrations and/or blades are out of track caused by crash damage, replace the spindle.

• Main Gear – If you need to replace the main gear as a result from crash damage, ensure that you apply a small amount of easily removable glue such as white glue or rubber cement.

• Collar on main shaft – If the collar on the main shaft has shifted position caused by crash damage, it needs to be secured 18.83mm from the top of the main shaft using an adhesive such as CA.

• Motor – If you need to replace the motor, you will need to apply a small dab of glue to prevent it from slipping. We recommend white glue or rubber cement.

• Break-in – The main motor, tail motor, and included lipos need a few flights to break-in. During the break-in period, you may get a little tail wag, and the overall flight power/performance may be slightly lower than expected. As you get more flights on the helicopter, the motors and battery performance will increase.

• Batteries – Do not use anything less than 25C batteries on the helicopter, the performance will suffer greatly otherwise.

• Swashplate linkage lengths – 25mm

• Main blades should be kept loose for best performance. The fast flight blades provide more stability than the hi-performance blades. The hi-performance blades may cause the helicopter to exhibit a slight wobble when the model is "unloaded".

• Binding procedure is the same as the mCP X V2
o Computer binding instructions
http://www.horizonhobby.com/pdf/BLH3...structions.pdf
o DX4E and DX5E binding instructions (Page 7 of the manual)
http://www.horizonhobby.com/pdf/BLH3600-Manual_EN.pdf
Absolutely check this...I lifted mine into a hover today and nut holding the feathering shaft let go in a three foot hover. Luckily the one blade and grip that hit something hit me, the other flew quite a way across the room.

"• Spindle – when installing a replacement spindle, ensure that there is no in and out play and the grips are able to rotate freely. Do not over tighten. Put a small dab of white glue or rubber cement on the spindle nut."
franklin_m is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-16-2014, 11:35 AM   #356 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoatRider View Post
These little guys are so cheap it seems worthwhile to risk their health for a little more punch. Anyways, you can compromise. You don't need to store them warm- store them cold, and warm them up just before you use them.
From a strictly theoretical point of view, while electrons do travel faster in warmer environments (they have more energy), they do so in random directions (they "jiggle" more). This results in less efficient transfer of electrons along the entire circuit since the electrons are bumping into each other more, rather than moving along the circuit, i.e. reducing current.

So, not only does an increase in temp increase the random direction of electron travel, but increases the distance an electron has to travel between atoms. That's why super conductors try to approach zero kelvin (absolute zero) for best performnce.

This is opposite from what I've read (and what you say) about li-po battery performance. Many sites I've read say that resistance is decreased with higher temps, at least momentarily. I haven't found a good explanation as to why...

I can't imagine the physics of electron transfer in a battery is any different from that of a wire...

Blade 450x V2, Nano CPx, 120SR, mCX2, Scout, DX6i. Just assume I have others, I probably won't update this every time I get a new heli... ;-)
jbrandt is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-16-2014, 01:51 PM   #357 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Nano CP X tips

Batteries r not same. Increased temps lower the IR. Check the resistance of a battery at 50deg and 100. The resistance drops to 1/2 or more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - sorry for typos!!!
audacity is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-16-2014, 06:48 PM   #358 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Nano CP X tips

So has anyone compared the pnp and direct connect on the factory setup?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Arthure is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-19-2014, 08:34 AM   #359 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrandt View Post
This is opposite from what I've read (and what you say) about li-po battery performance. Many sites I've read say that resistance is decreased with higher temps, at least momentarily. I haven't found a good explanation as to why...

I can't imagine the physics of electron transfer in a battery is any different from that of a wire...
The reason any battery is less efficient at lower temperatures is because it's a chemical reaction. Chemical reactions (usually) slow down at lower temps. If there's a state change, like the electrolyte freezing, it can even disable the battery.
Old 02-10-2014, 02:03 PM   #360 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heli biggie View Post
I ordered blade grips , swash and hub package with swash leveler from rakon , most parts weigt less than stock.. Have a great day all.
Now to save for a dx6! I was told i need one to be able to run brushless setup.
I have been keeping my batteries on top of dvr and it keeps them warm and gives more punch, but i still only getting 3 minutes of 3 d banging! On stock.
check this out before u buy a dx6i ... http://www.deviationtx.com/forum/how...ation-firmware
I am running this firmware on my Devo-10 and it will fly all spectrum DSMX and DSM2 ..
the dx -10 can be had for about the same price as a dx6i and has way more features ...
it is back lit, has 30 model memory, adjustable ball bering gimbals and telemetry also it will still be able to fly all the walkera models you have .
after installing deviation you can setup 7 point throttle curves and 9 point throttle curves... as well as add all the models you want up to 250... make your own model icons.. or add modules to fly even more receiver types..
.this software works on other devo tx's as well like a devo-7 that can be bought for around 70.00 and is still more featured than the dx6i ....now the new Dx6 is comparable
Im not sure but it may be possible to run deviation on your old tx ?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in