Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Mikado Logo Helicopters

Mikado Logo Helicopters Mikado Logo Helicopters Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-03-2014, 05:32 PM   #161 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by inner3 View Post
I will miss IRCHA because it occurs while I'm teaching a drum camp. Still thinking of trying to get there for one day but that is far (11 hours) for a short stay. But I'm sure you 2 will do an iconic job (pun intended)
I will have to try the move you listed with tic tocs on the sim tonight. Not trying the kaos move though. What I hate is I can do quite a few moves but my transitions suck. That is what I'm working on this summer.
Write a really detailed routine with all the transitions planned. It'll do wonders for the quality of your flight.

Bummer about IRCHA. But at least your day job is also your hobby. (-:
OnTheSnap is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-03-2014, 07:53 PM   #162 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

I have a notepad app on my Note 3 and that is what I started doing by writing a sequence, but just need to choreograph it more. Maybe I will just keep rehearsing it. It took awhile before I could freestyle drum licks so I'm sure it will be the same with flight routines.
Glad I picked up the rc hobby. It was frustrating to have a bad rehearsal and not have a release since drumming was my hobby! Lol
Old 07-06-2014, 01:52 PM   #163 (permalink)
Registered Users

Well mikado takes first in advanced and 2nd in pro. Damn great results. Was hoping for Kyle to make a three year win, but, Dunkam was really good. And Jacob came in 4th in advanced, mikado again! That was great for a first time.
Old 07-06-2014, 02:30 PM   #164 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

I cant wait to find some videos!

Last edited by GJacksonF3N; 07-06-2014 at 11:11 PM..
GJacksonF3N is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-06-2014, 02:40 PM   #165 (permalink)
Registered Users

There is a video of Gitin freestyle on Friday. Real great flight. He may make it first place next year in advanced for sure.
Old 07-06-2014, 03:20 PM   #166 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulmedford View Post
Well mikado takes first in advanced and 2nd in pro. Damn great results. Was hoping for Kyle to make a three year win, but, Dunkam was really good. And Jacob came in 4th in advanced, mikado again! That was great for a first time.
What was disappointing this year is that they canceled the advanced class finals. So no opportunity to fly hard and take the title. This time it was just based on prelim scores. Really sucks for the guys planning on going all out in the finals. And I think we could easily have had a different champion.
OnTheSnap is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-06-2014, 06:16 PM   #167 (permalink)
Registered Users

So true. The rain messed things up. Well there is next year.Father son teams really make a big difference in how far you can reach.
Old 07-07-2014, 01:14 AM   #168 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

One thing about competitions... Results don't necessarily reflect who is the best, just who won the day under that particular set of circumstances. That's one of the things that makes competing simultaneously fun and incredibly frustrating!

Congrats to Kyle, Ofek, Jacob, and all the Mikado team pilots on a great HM showing for 2014. And of course to all the U.S. pilots representing other teams (Jamie, Nick, etc) for keeping this nation on the heli map as we celebrated our day.
Old 07-07-2014, 08:00 AM   #169 (permalink)
Registered Users

OK, I'm a bit confused by this.

The US has no infrastructure to grow new pilots. Yet somehow we manage to have a large number of the top competitors coming from the US.

Is it an all or nothing mentality where we have a bunch of top dogs and then a big gapping hole in the middle ?

Any ideas?

BTW I'm not suggesting it wouldn't be great to have a better base for competition in the US, I'm just curious about this. Do we just have more loaded people who can afford for there kids to go through 10's of thousands in RC heli equipment and many more thousands than that flying around the world?
Old 07-07-2014, 11:01 AM   #170 (permalink)
Registered Users

How many heli pilots do you have in the USA? In the UK we have only about 38000 people registered with BMFA. Most of those will be flying fixed wing or quads. My guess is we have probably less than 5000 heli pilots in the UK. Not a big talent pool to breed world champions but there might be a few potentials in there
Old 07-07-2014, 11:09 AM   #171 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by mahbouni View Post
How many heli pilots do you have in the USA?
I've looked at the AMA statistics and there are none that I could find. I know that they ask us what we primarily fly when we renew our memberships, but I've not seen any listings of these numbers.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in