Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > BCX/CX2/CX3

BCX/CX2/CX3 Blade (eFlite) CX, CX2 and CX3 Helicopters Information and Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-27-2014, 08:29 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default New to RC

Hello from MA. I'm new to this rc heli flying , My wifes uncle has been doing it for years with gas power heli's the size of my son's twin size bed, he fly's the blade cx2 indoors in the winter to get the ich off. He told me before that the blade cx2 was a good beginners heli.
So I was on ebay an saw a deal on one, the whole kit with transmitter , the owner was about to cancel after I won it for $38. , she said she didn't notice the body had damage to it that she was selling it for her husband she wanted to make sure I knew what I was getting she said every works great an needed to get a new battery I already had place a order for the battery and training support {the thing with the ping balls for landing} , .
I told her that I wanted to change the body with the extremes canopy,tail boom and landing skid any way ,that it was ok I still wanted it. Everything should be here by Fri and next week so I called my wifes uncle to have him check it out and help me put it together and show me hot to run it. I like all the upgrades that I can add and will later on and will be looking at alot in here also for tip's and help
inkslinger is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-28-2014, 01:39 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Ok I've just got my heli , What kind of upgrades would be best to get first? And help in painting a canopy , I have to put the with cut tape to cover the window on the in side and will use a gloss white and paint the inside lit coat's of 4 or more layers , then remove tape on window ,now can I use painters tape to put around the window before painting it gloss black? {just to keep the paint in one small location} or will the paint change the color of the white paint? I know each coat of paint has to be dry before adding another.

Old 08-28-2014, 05:12 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

I was told I would need a new battery so I have one order, How long does it take to charge a battery?
Old 08-29-2014, 03:45 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Will got all my parts in today , charge up the new battery , put together the tail boom and new skid all from Xtreme , only took me 4hr to do all ! Never seen so many tiny screws and to handle them with clumsy fingers. I do like the finish look.
Old 08-31-2014, 03:53 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Will to a while to get the heli in the air but would not left , after reading the old battery was to blame but ounce I change to the new battery I had it off the ground a couple of inches. Now I'm down to one new stock battery and need to get couple of more .
What are the best battery's to get for the CX2 and work with the stock charger.

Old 09-06-2014, 10:20 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Ok I been reading about the Extreme Pro 180 motor's will my stock CX2 be ok or will it get damage? I order 2 c25 battery's , and plan on getting 2 Extreme Pro 180 motor's next month . If I can't use my battery's right away is good to store them in the frig or freezer for a couple of month's? just until I get all my upgraded part's together?

Old 09-10-2014, 11:54 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

I personally wouldn't upgrade the helicopter at all. Before you know it, you will want to upgrade to a faster more maneuverable helicopter. Use the stock batteries. They charge in about a half hour.
puppydog_taz is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-11-2014, 01:33 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

will i already have 2 25c battery's that i got for the cx2 , plan on getting the xtreme 180se motors an upgrade the swash plate and the upper an lower grips. i am planning on having this for a long time can't see in upgrading until i master this and have the extra cash to spend with the wife knowing, her uncle spend a lot on his gas power heli's and there as big as my son's twin bed!!! he just left for GA to some event for flying heli's he goes 2 times a year so i'm waiting for him to return so he can show me more how to fly this.

Old 09-15-2014, 06:24 AM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

How easy is it to add this in ? some one have a pic?

Eflite Blade CX2/CX3 & Esky Lama V4/V3 Double Brushless Turbo Ace Upgrade Kit: Plug-n-Play, Powerful BL Motors/ESCs/Converters & Detailed Instructions

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in