Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Jeti Duplex Radio Systems

Jeti Duplex Radio Systems Jeti Duplex Radio Systems Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-29-2013, 12:24 AM   #21 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertstalker View Post
and 4 DX9s for the price of a Jeti...

It is a very expensive radio, great features but still expensive. Great if you can afford it, me I will stick with my "unreliable" DX8 (that I have had exactly one issue with that was fixed in less than a week) and a jetibox profi for telemetry (since the spektrum stuff still cant manage to deliver mAh consumed) now that little box is good value .
How do you store or keep the Jetibox during flight? I have really been thinking about that setup myself, since Spektrum cleare dont think mAh consumption is worth their time to implement. I have been pondering some kind of setup that allows me to mount the Jetibox on top of the antenna or something.

- Lynx Team Pilot -
felborn is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-29-2013, 06:09 AM   #22 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by felborn View Post
How do you store or keep the Jetibox during flight? I have really been thinking about that setup myself, since Spektrum cleare dont think mAh consumption is worth their time to implement. I have been pondering some kind of setup that allows me to mount the Jetibox on top of the antenna or something.
I used some double sided tape and electrical tape to hold it in place, not the prettiest method but it has not fallen off yet . It messes up the balance of the TX but that does not really bother me.

They also sell a clip designed to clamp onto the antenna and attach the JBP with velcro.
-Goblin 500, HC3SX, Hyp DH16/MKS980BL, Scorp 4015-1100
desertstalker is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-29-2013, 07:13 AM   #23 (permalink)
Registered Users

They also sell a nicely integrated all in one system called:

DC/DS -16 transmitter

Sorry could not resist that one
Old 08-29-2013, 07:25 AM   #24 (permalink)
Registered Users

has anyone tested ds16 in cold? how does alarms/vibes work when its ina tx muff/mitt during winter?
Old 08-29-2013, 07:46 AM   #25 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by andersn View Post
has anyone tested ds16 in cold? how does alarms/vibes work when its ina tx muff/mitt during winter?
There is no vibration in the DS-16, but I'm going to put this outside of the mitt and connect it to the earphone port: http://dx.com/p/ultra-mini-usb-recha...mm-dc-5v-39608
Jotto is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-29-2013, 03:15 PM   #26 (permalink)
Registered Users

Yes sir! Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tribe3 View Post
Marcos, congratulations on your third place on the speed World Cup !! And it was with your DS-16?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Banshee #27, 2x TDR, Diabolo, Logo 690SX, Raptor E700, JR Sylphide E12 EX Super Gracy, Voodoo 600, Voodoo 400, Logo 550SE, Logo 400SE, JR Forza 450. Mikado Vcontrol.
marcosp is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-29-2013, 06:35 PM   #27 (permalink)
Registered Users

At least one Team Henseleit member was flying with a DS-16 as well. It think it was Stefan or Robert.
Old 08-30-2013, 03:47 AM   #28 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puttputt maru View Post

DC/DS -16 transmitter

A couple of things puts me off, the all aluminum design does not fit well with frezzing cold norwegian climate, the price is high and noone I know has one so I dont know how well it will fit my hands.

- Lynx Team Pilot -
felborn is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-30-2013, 05:49 AM   #29 (permalink)
Registered Users

I was worried about the feel as it looks a little uncomfortable but the back of the Tx has nice rubber contour grips so it fits well into the hands. The rubber on the sides as well mean you aren't really touching the metal when you hold the Tx so I wouldn't worry too much about the cold.

And BTW I do know the type of cold you are talking about, I used to live in Stockholm.

//Dennis.
Thunder Fighter is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-30-2013, 06:37 AM   #30 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunder Fighter View Post
I was worried about the feel as it looks a little uncomfortable but the back of the Tx has nice rubber contour grips so it fits well into the hands. The rubber on the sides as well mean you aren't really touching the metal when you hold the Tx so I wouldn't worry too much about the cold.

And BTW I do know the type of cold you are talking about, I used to live in Stockholm.

//Dennis.
USED TO!!! :p
Old 09-05-2013, 10:11 PM   #31 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:

DC/DS -16 transmitter

The tape was a awful lot cheaper though
-Goblin 500, HC3SX, Hyp DH16/MKS980BL, Scorp 4015-1100
desertstalker is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-06-2013, 04:47 AM   #32 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by felborn View Post
A couple of things puts me off, the all aluminum design does not fit well with frezzing cold norwegian climate, the price is high and noone I know has one so I dont know how well it will fit my hands.
I had a DX-18 and bought the DS-16 unseen/unfelt.
Never looked back, the DS-16 is so much better in just about every aspect. The DX-18 is crippled in comparison. Spektrum telemetry is a joke compared to the Jeti.
But I must say the grippy feel of the DX-18 is very good, but that is the only thing that brings it closer to the DS-16.
Old 09-06-2013, 06:31 AM   #33 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertstalker View Post
The tape was a awful lot cheaper though
Granted
Old 09-06-2013, 09:22 AM   #34 (permalink)
Registered Users

DX-18 is a glorified pocket calculator while the DS-16 is a piece of art, a milestone and a transmitter for life...
Same as my Roland Jupiter 8
ArguZ is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-06-2013, 10:03 AM   #35 (permalink)
Registered Users

I don't know why people seem to be slagging of the DX18 so much. Its a very good TX and bang for your buck it is hard to beat. Mine has been absolutely faultless.

Comparing a DX18 with a DS-16 isn't apples with apples. You wouldn't compare a Ferrari with a Ford Mustang.

Of course my DS-16 is the mutts nuts and my DX18 has been retired as it isn't even close to the DS-16: it will be sent off for sale v soon.
Old 09-06-2013, 10:40 AM   #36 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
it will be sent off for sale v soon.
As will be my JR 12X and my 11XG
Old 09-06-2013, 02:08 PM   #37 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
As will be my JR 12X and my 11XG
I sold off my DX8 a couple weeks ago. I've still got my 11X just in case I ever decide to pull my mCPX or 130X out of the drawer, but I think it is likely I'll sell them off too.

Technically I have a couple foamy airplanes too, and I tend to let a lot of people including children fly them and I'm happier giving them something besides my DS-16 to fly them with. Otherwise I could just put new receivers on them.
Old 09-06-2013, 02:30 PM   #38 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkovalcson View Post
I sold off my DX8 a couple weeks ago. I've still got my 11X just in case I ever decide to pull my mCPX or 130X out of the drawer, but I think it is likely I'll sell them off too.

Technically I have a couple foamy airplanes too, and I tend to let a lot of people including children fly them and I'm happier giving them something besides my DS-16 to fly them with. Otherwise I could just put new receivers on them.
I still got my long loved 10X for that, never could part with that one.
Old 09-12-2013, 05:11 PM   #39 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default spectrum Dx18 or jeti transmitter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carapau View Post
I don't know why people seem to be slagging of the DX18 so much. Its a very good TX and bang for your buck it is hard to beat. Mine has been absolutely faultless.

Comparing a DX18 with a DS-16 isn't apples with apples. You wouldn't compare a Ferrari with a Ford Mustang.

Of course my DS-16 is the mutts nuts and my DX18 has been retired as it isn't even close to the DS-16: it will be sent off for sale v soon.
'Mutts nuts'

Baaaahaaaa!
Old 09-28-2013, 05:15 AM   #40 (permalink)
Registered Users

I now only fly the Blade Nano with a Spektrum TX.

If you fly larger helicopters don't go with Spektrum unless you have much money for fixing crashed helis. Do not fly in places other than your backyard and do not fly with bystanders or beloved pets around.

I had half a dozent unexplainable crashes with my 600 until I sent the TX in to HH and they found a faulty HF unit. Before the expensive crashes it just crapped out every time for parts of a second.
-רחל is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in