Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > 200SRX

200SRX Blade 200SRX Helicopters Information and Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-14-2015, 06:00 PM   #21 (permalink)
Registered Users

Perfect day, no wind!

These 950 mah's keep the party going.

Advertisement

Old 08-15-2015, 04:26 AM   #22 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by CGRAY View Post
Perfect day, no wind!

These 950 mah's keep the party going.

Don't know about the heli, but if that's where you live, I'm jealous!!
Boeingpete is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-22-2015, 09:13 PM   #23 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default $29.90?

Where did you find this frame for $29.90? Every place I checked was over $50.00.

Thanks,

Lee

Quote:
Originally Posted by CGRAY View Post
I needed to bring this thread back from the dead to dispel some misconceptions.

I've always wanted to upgrade my 200 frame, but never got around to it. I noticed the Lynx 200 frame a while ago and thought it looked legit. I never could find any reviews, or discussion about it. I couldn't even find a picture anywhere on the internet of one fully assembled. It seemed odd. So the ONLY thing I could dig up on this frame, was MallenP's post. After reading it, I was discouraged and wondered how could Lynx have screwed up to the point where the frame was such a work in progress...

After hitting my neighbors house last weekend with my 200 (practicing some full speed forward flight hard bank turns) I looked back into this and said what the hell and ordered one at HeliDirect ($29.00 bucks, which is half of what everyone else is selling them for) and began assembling. Since MallenP's review has pretty negative, I assumed I run into some issues but figured I could make it work.

What I didn't expect, was for the frame to be this AWESOME! Just to clear a few things up, it's not a 250 size frame, it's basically the exact same size as stock. The Lynx boom supports fit perfectly, like they were made for it. My Lynx canopy fits the frame like a glove (should have taken a pic with the canopy on for reference ).

I'm not sure if it's the triple bearings for the main shaft, or that it's just engineered some much better than the crap plastic stock frame, but the main gear spins like it's on glass. So unbelievably smooth!!! I spooled her up after I was done, and she didn't dance around like she use to. Just dead still until she was light on the skids.

If anyone needs to do a rebuild or is due to change out their plastic frame (13T pinion always weakens them) I highly suggest this route. Probably the best $29.00 I've spent in a while.

Old 08-23-2015, 11:00 AM   #24 (permalink)
Registered Users

A few days after I bought this frame, I went back to grab another one and they were $65. I'm not sure if it was priced incorrectly or what, because it wasn't on sale went I bought it. Anyways, it's worth the $65. The all CF and aluminum makes the heli way more legit.
Old 09-02-2015, 08:40 AM   #25 (permalink)
Registered Users

Nice job.
Unfortunately, I'm having major problems mounting the RX like you did and as shown in the instuctions. The wires from the ESC are way too short no matter how far back I place it. The thick AV mounting gel just makes it worse.
Can you give me a hint as to how you made if work?
Newdon is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-02-2015, 02:34 PM   #26 (permalink)
Registered Users

Disregard #25, I came up with a solution.
Old 09-02-2015, 05:42 PM   #27 (permalink)
Registered Users

I have never tried out the Lynx frame. I wanted to at some point but the red one (I love red!) has been out of stock forever on Heli-Nation I don't know given they don't sell much and they are focusing on OXY and newer heli parts of they even make them anymore. I have a Rakon and I like that it is set to mount the components different and after many rebuilds I think I never noticed the correct placement for the electronics and after this last one it seems to be perfectly balanced and with the right holes in the right place for the zip ties. Why I also did not want other is because the Rakon has a three bearing main shaft alignment which I thought was very cool. I keep trashing my CF main shaft but looked closer and it seems Lynx also has three bearings so next upgrade will be the titanium shaft from Lynx. Mine is now a mishmash of Rakon, Microheli and Lynx mostly due to availability from Heli-Nation since shipping direct needs a large purchase to ship free.

What I have found that I hated about Lynx (awesome customer service though) is that their main blade grips have one spot which is extremely fragile and I broke two of them very easily on minor blade strikes. The first was replaced by Lynx since they broke while spooling on a tip over. I am waiting for the Microheli to arrive to try those now the first ones were Rakon.

I have spent way too much money on such a simple heli and even though it looks really amazing completely replaced and with better pinions with better performance I still cannot get it quite right. It was a great but expensive learning experience since I have learned so much on all the rebuilds and piece replacements. But now that I moved on to CP I noticed at first I had the bad habit of going negative cyclic thinking I was throttling down. Broken landing gear, canopy mounts and slight canopy damage the balance fortunately.

I hope since I did the full right stick reset and rebalanced the electronics that when I get the grips and get it on the air again that I will get it right this time.

Next project is the tail mod although have not had real issues with the tail. But this heli is kind of like my science project and now the 360 is my "real" heli to learn 3D. Does anyone know if getting rid of the stock ESC and using twin Talon 15's if it will work? I read that if you use the Talon for its BEC that the servos will be a bit quicker.
Podcast host Skids Up
toadiscoil is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-02-2015, 05:45 PM   #28 (permalink)
Registered Users

Got carried away and forgot to mention that Luca from Lynx/Oxy is very active on the Lynx sub forums here so if there is a design issue it should be brought up to him if you really think it is bad. I had very good experience with their regular customer support though so maybe no need to take it up to Luca and they will make it right but just saying.
Podcast host Skids Up
Old 09-03-2015, 03:18 PM   #29 (permalink)
Registered Users

Just a few things to be aware of before buying the lynx frame -

Pros - overall high quality and fit.
comes pre-assembled (no lock tite)
as previously mentioned there are 3 main shaft bearings

Cons -The instructions are only fair other than as a reference for reassembly, parts ordering or where loc tite should be used.

There is no mention that if you install the RX and ESC as they show, the ESC and servo wires will be too short and you'll need servo wire extensions.

Servos are shown installed upside down.

The thin 'anti-vibe gel' mounting tape (which i think is the one they refer to in the instructions) is horrible , almost impossible to get both sides of the paper backing off and when you do you're left with a useless sticky 'blob'. The thick A/V gel works better but is so thick that it blocks access to the bolts for the anti-rotation bracket.

The double sided tape they refer to is actually Velcro, it's OK, just not expected.

There is no 'indexing tab' for the tail boom to stop it from rotating, just clamps.

Non of the 'cons' are a big deal - just not the usual from Lynx.
Old 09-03-2015, 03:58 PM   #30 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newdon View Post
Just a few things to be aware of before buying the lynx frame -

Pros - overall high quality and fit.
comes pre-assembled (no lock tite)
as previously mentioned there are 3 main shaft bearings

Cons -The instructions are only fair other than as a reference for reassembly, parts ordering or where loc tite should be used.

There is no mention that if you install the RX and ESC as they show, the ESC and servo wires will be too short and you'll need servo wire extensions.

Servos are shown installed upside down.

The thin 'anti-vibe gel' mounting tape (which i think is the one they refer to in the instructions) is horrible , almost impossible to get both sides of the paper backing off and when you do you're left with a useless sticky 'blob'. The thick A/V gel works better but is so thick that it blocks access to the bolts for the anti-rotation bracket.

The double sided tape they refer to is actually Velcro, it's OK, just not expected.

There is no 'indexing tab' for the tail boom to stop it from rotating, just clamps.

Non of the 'cons' are a big deal - just not the usual from Lynx.
Great analysis thanks! I was wondering about the tail boom grips, I thought they were better but looks like I was wrong. The Rakon has them with a big opening to fit the boom wires but that causes them to be less rigid and I have managed to bend a couple. I thought a full non-slit clamp would be better, I guess a tube and a guide would be the best.

I thought the instructions looked pretty solid but now your comments tell otherwise so that is good to know. Another complaint about Rakon was there is no docs at all other than the excellent Junkman thread and I think the electronics placement was originally designed different and that should be documented. But from what you experienced, this is just poor documentation from Lynx. This seems to be a consistent them among Goblin owners of the opposite with great documentation.

I use 3M double sided tape for affixing the FBL/RX. The ESC is on top of the RX using the holes on the Rakon frame for the zip ties. This makes the motor on back and ESC/FBL on the front balacing the heli.

I just got notice from USPS that my now Microheli main grips are waiting for me on my mailbox so tomorrow I hope I can get them and see if I can get it to fly again. Have had some on and off issues with trying to get it to hover properly I even feared internal gyro damage but with the rebuild/rebalance and with the tip of resetting the FBL I hope it works again.
Podcast host Skids Up

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in