Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Align 3G FBL System

Align 3G FBL System Align 3G FBL Flybarless System Software and Hardware Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-09-2012, 06:08 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Firmware 3.0 Update

I had mine updated to 3.0 and...

Now the swash moves slight up (adds positive pitch) when I stick forward. And vice versa when I pull on the elevator. Is this what they mean when compensating better for ff flying? Why? It's natural for me to add collective when I tilt forward anyways...

Also noticed my default roll and pitch rates are just above 200 degrees a second. And yaw rates at 500 degrees a second. Anyone are to sharetheir settings?

I haven't taken off yet since I'm not too confident that I got it all dialed in. Gains settings etc... A lot of the advanced menu items I left at factory default...

Tomorrows all rain... So it's going to have to wait.
Generalx5 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-09-2012, 06:10 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

We are talking 3GX right? Link up and check the movement screen, you should have all 0s with both sticks center ( throttle at mid stick )
The pitch and roll rates sound a bit low and they are determined by how high the cyclic is when you set your limits. Might want to measure the cyclic out of setup, any 450 or bigger your wanting 13 or more.
What you describing is how my Vbar reacts but haven't looked at the 3GX after installing the 3.0, ran setup and flew it. Set initial 13 pitch and 13 cyclic out of setup with the limits and flew it.
I since raised the limits, flip and roll control rates and gains, both cyclic and tail and it feels great.
Old 12-11-2012, 02:41 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

pull the gain on the pots down some if you see a vib in a heli in a hover
Old 12-12-2012, 06:54 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

I'm having a problem with my 3gx can't figer it out I know it's just in tooning it but when I give it a little bit of stick movement it just wants too roll a lot more than it shood
Old 12-13-2012, 05:29 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Rolling to fast off center

Hey guys, the stock setup for 3.0 is awesome. But if you feel it is too sensitive then you may want to back down on the rate adjustment for Elevator and Aileron. If you are familiar with the 3GX you can go into the flight condition mode by holding rudder and then pressing set on the 3GX. Move the 3 green lights by moving cyclic sticks. Try two green lights instead or use the 3GX software to make the adjustment. I have included a screen shot to help. Again move the rate adjustment in the new 3.0 3GX software. I think you will find that you can piro nice a flat. Please make sure that once you update your 3GX with 3.0 you redo all dir settings. Make sure swash is level with a swash level tool.

Regards,
Jeff Fassbinder
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2012-12-09 at 2.56.08 PM.png
Views:	257
Size:	91.7 KB
ID:	373951  
Old 12-16-2012, 06:54 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Does the upgrade solve the backwards drift???
crash at 42 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-17-2012, 01:43 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

I'd love to know that, too. I own 3 different 3GX, all 2.1, all fly well but drift backwards after 2-3 mins. I really like Align helis all around, but the backward drift is killing the 3GX for me. If Align admitted to the issue and said they fixed it in 3.0, I'd try it again tomorrow. If not, the Ikons are staying in my fleet.
flythk is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-17-2012, 06:50 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by crash at 42 View Post
Does the upgrade solve the backwards drift???
Yes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrumpness View Post
I'm having a problem with my 3gx can't figer it out I know it's just in tooning it but when I give it a little bit of stick movement it just wants too roll a lot more than it shood
For tuning purposes how much cyclic do you have out of setup when you set you limits?
13 -13.5 works well, 13 being more subtle 13.5 more and faster cyclic and like Align corp says. Lower the flipo and roll rates if the cyclic responds to much.
1st. I get the max cyclic / tighest flips and rolls I want setting limits
2nd adjust flip and roll rates till the cyclic responce feels the way I want and then expo to get the around center stick feel I want.
Piro rate with rudder limits in the TX
Old 12-18-2012, 07:10 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Guess i will give the upgrade a shot over the holidays. Stay tuned for update.
crash at 42 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in