Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > JR Helicopters

JR Helicopters JR Forza, Vibe and Vigor Helicopters Discussion

Like Tree5Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-15-2016, 04:45 PM   #41 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Pretty sure I got hold of the last one from this direction.
Live in the UK and managed to get Germany's last kit .
---- JR Vibe SGE12 Hiroki Ito Scorpion Tribunus 200A 4525 Ultimate Spirit FBL—-Minicopter Diabolo Pyro750-56 Kosmik200 Vbar v5.3 ----- T Rex 700N DFC OS105HZR Spirit FBL --- RJX Vector 700 Pyro750-56 Comp Kosmik 200 ——
malc1 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-16-2016, 11:21 AM   #42 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by malc1 View Post
Pretty sure I got hold of the last one from this direction.
Live in the UK and managed to get Germany's last kit .
Score! Nice find. Getting the last of anything is always a nice feeling. Enjoy the build.
OXY rep
DCflyer is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-12-2016, 07:15 PM   #43 (permalink)
Registered Users

Finally managed to maiden this thing today. Did two flights today sans canopy and everything went very smoothly. The machine is so stable - very confidence inspiring in the air. I was using an older set of "test" blades; a set of 690mm Edge Flybar blades and the performance was still great. I function checked everything the first flight and couldn't help throwing it around on the second. A perfect day. The power from the Xnova is so smooth and it just has enormous power - it really rips. I had my temp gauge with me and was taking temps of everything after each flight - all ran very cool. I did notice a little lag in the governor though so I will go into the YGE and increase P and I gain a bit. They are on factory settings which are probably a little low for a 700. Also, the PWM frequency I left very low in the controller as well. I think its at 8khz right now. I'm going to increase that to 12khz. I think those changes will square the motor away. All thats left is to fine tune the iKon. I did test cyclic gain at 50% and 55% this time out without issues. I think 55% is probably enough. Next is to try increase the I and D gain a bit and then moving on to tail tune tuning. Perhaps introducing some pitch pump settings and some higher rates etc.

Even on mild settings I was able to do aileron tic tocs without issue. Elevator tic tocs were a bit lacking however so I will try increasing the values for elevator a bit.

Lastly, I was able to also test the iKon's self-level feature which also worked flawlessly in all 3 orientations I tried. I actually used it once during the second flight when I got a little out of orientation! - Didn't have the canopy on and it was overcast so there was one moment where I lost a bit of orientation during an inverted funnel and instead of trying to save it just flipped the switch - machine went to a perfect level hover and I was on my way again. What a brilliant feature.

Didn't manage to grab any video since it was only me at a local school doing some testing, but i'll try to grab video at my field in the next few weeks. Here's a post-flight success pic from today.

OXY rep

Last edited by DCflyer; 03-12-2016 at 08:52 PM..
Old 03-13-2016, 03:22 AM   #44 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Awesome!
JR XG14 PL8 v2
mverhorst is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-28-2016, 06:22 PM   #45 (permalink)
Registered Users

Looks like I am getting a three blade Vibe SG E12, It should be here next week. No idea where I'm going to put it as I have no space. It is already built but is just the bare airframe with blades so at least I'll be able to fit my own electrics and everything. I'll post a pic in a separate thread when it arrives.
HD Cell 750, RJX Vector, TDR, TDSF, Kasama Dune and Faifa, Minicopter Triabolo 700, Beam Avantgarde, JR E8 leggero, Suzi Laos, Shape 9, Shape S8, Rave 450, TRex 500, Raptor E700, Compass Warp, Steam 700, Spirit, Spartan, Jeti.
trillian is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-29-2016, 02:38 AM   #46 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I'll be interested to see how you get on with the three bladed head Sheryl.
---- JR Vibe SGE12 Hiroki Ito Scorpion Tribunus 200A 4525 Ultimate Spirit FBL—-Minicopter Diabolo Pyro750-56 Kosmik200 Vbar v5.3 ----- T Rex 700N DFC OS105HZR Spirit FBL --- RJX Vector 700 Pyro750-56 Comp Kosmik 200 ——
Old 04-29-2016, 03:07 AM   #47 (permalink)
Registered Users

The MB-391 and Tri tail combined with the JR 720 blades on the SG is just brilliant. Head feels really connected to the body, no wobble or jiggle at all and operates in a wide rpm. I will miss that bird but way too many Helis on the shelf a bit like Sheryl! Enjoy it fine Heli even kitted out with Torq bolts it's immaculate.
MAJ1C is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-29-2016, 07:17 PM   #48 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hi Maj and Malc, good to see you guys over here. We just don't have an active JR section on HA, which I suppose it understandable as they have always been a bit of a small niche heli in the UK.

Yeah I'm really looking forward to it :-)
HD Cell 750, RJX Vector, TDR, TDSF, Kasama Dune and Faifa, Minicopter Triabolo 700, Beam Avantgarde, JR E8 leggero, Suzi Laos, Shape 9, Shape S8, Rave 450, TRex 500, Raptor E700, Compass Warp, Steam 700, Spirit, Spartan, Jeti.
trillian is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-02-2016, 05:57 PM   #49 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Hmmm MB-391 head, very nice but very very expensive.

Maybe an option though as my ITO is still in the box and not yet started 😳
Old 05-08-2016, 12:40 PM   #50 (permalink)
Registered Users

Got some stick time doing demos at an air show this weekend with my heli club. Having an entire air strip to play on is quite something. I was able to do full collective everything and just hold it, hold it, hold it......The Xnova 4530 is an absolute monster swinging 710's at 2050rpm. Amazing how much ground this machine could cover in such a small amount of time. Good times.

OXY rep
Old 05-19-2016, 06:50 PM   #51 (permalink)
Registered Users

Beautiful heli. I love JR helicopters. Still have 3 and waiting for the new forza nitro.
lwnemesis is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-20-2016, 04:57 PM   #52 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by lwnemesis View Post
Beautiful heli. I love JR helicopters. Still have 3 and waiting for the new forza nitro.
Thanks. JRs really are fantastic. Ive gotten compliments on the ITO everywhere I've taken it - from goblin guys, align peeps, mikado fans, etc. it's a very unique airframe so most people don't know what it is until I tell them. The quality really is that of a boutique heli. Very underated machines. I have a Vibe 55 nitro I also love flying. JRs are the benchmark for me so far in my time around helis.
OXY rep
Old 05-30-2016, 05:33 PM   #53 (permalink)
Registered Users

Any video?
Old 05-31-2016, 10:39 AM   #54 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrbitalGolem View Post
Any video?
I did have someone shoot video of it at the airshow but it was on a new camcorder and the video quality actually came out quite poor. I'll get some good video of it next time I take it out which should be this weekend.
OXY rep
Old 06-13-2016, 07:17 PM   #55 (permalink)
Registered Users

Nice flying bird.............

Missed it at the cook out this weekend was hoping to see it fly again

You flying this coming weekend ????

MGPTWEGB is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-13-2016, 09:44 PM   #56 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by MGPTWEGB View Post
Nice flying bird.............

Missed it at the cook out this weekend was hoping to see it fly again

You flying this coming weekend ????
Hey bud. Pending family obligations I plan to be out there Saturday again with a few machines yep.
OXY rep
Old 06-20-2016, 10:42 PM   #57 (permalink)
Registered Users

Didn't get a chance to get out to the field this past weekend but did manage to grab a quick vid at a local park. Long overdue. This was only the 10th and 11th flight on the machine. Still taking it fairly easy and getting the feel for this machine. The tail still needs a bit more tuning, but I want to fully break in the heli before doing final adjustments.

First flight is at 1900rpm with the iKon agility set more like a flybar'd heli, and the second flight is at 2000rpm with the agility set to a more robotic setting.

The first flight I was also on 2 year old Pulse 45C 5000mah packs that are basically garbage at this point. I got low voltage warning beeps from the ESC when I landed indicating they were voltage sagging. I'll probably only use them for low headspeed light flying from now on. The second flight I was on 10 cycle old Glacier 45C 5000mah packs which are decent packs but not great. I always puff them on my IDLE2 @ 2000rpm so I probably won't be buying them again. I have some 4400mah 70C TP packs that stayed home that day - needless to say, they perform much much better.

JR E12 Ito Sunset Flight (7 min 20 sec)
OXY rep

Last edited by DCflyer; 06-21-2016 at 11:37 AM..
Old 06-21-2016, 12:22 AM   #58 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Unable to view the video unfortunately as marked as private.
Old 06-21-2016, 11:37 AM   #59 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by malc1 View Post
Unable to view the video unfortunately as marked as private.
oops. Its fixed now.
OXY rep
Old 06-21-2016, 12:15 PM   #60 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Thanks.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in