Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Kontronik Drives

Kontronik Drives Jazz and Jive ESC's and other Kontronik equipment support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-25-2012, 10:10 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default Jive arms even after I lower ATV?

Programming a new Jive 120HV and after I set mode 1 and 4 I disconnected lipo, lowered throttle ATV to 50 and when I plug in the pack it still arms? I am only using 1 6S pack to setup but I dont think that should matter. Throttle curve is linear, upper end is 100 low end set to 50. Any ideas?

Chris_M is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-25-2012, 10:19 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Throttle curve should be 0 - 100 linear for programming. Try again and then report back your success.

John

Compass Knight 600E, Blade 450, Blade 400, Blade SR, Blade mCPx, Blade 120, Blade mSR, Blade mCX, Blade CX2
johnopsec is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-25-2012, 10:32 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

As I posted it is linear. Upper ATV is 100 lower is 50. I have 4 K esc's so i know how to program...i have never run into this issue though.

Old 02-25-2012, 10:36 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

If you have 50 - 100 linear when you program, the Jive sees that as your 0 - 100 linear.

When you're at 50, the jive sees that as dead-nutz zero since YOU TOLD IT THAT IS WHAT IS YOUR LOW THROTTLE POSITION.

It is behaving precisely as it should. What different behavior are you expecting or desiring?

Why are you 50 - 100? What are you trying to accomplish with a 50 - 100 curve that can't be done with 0 - 100?

John

Compass Knight 600E, Blade 450, Blade 400, Blade SR, Blade mCPx, Blade 120, Blade mSR, Blade mCX, Blade CX2
Old 02-25-2012, 10:55 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I HAVE A LINEAR CURVE 0-100, LOWERED LOW SIDE ATV TO 50 AND JIVE STILL ARMS. ATV AND THROTTLE CURVE ARE NOT THE SAME THING...READ MY POST AGAIN

Old 02-25-2012, 11:03 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Perhaps you should re-read your own post.

Quote:
Throttle curve is linear, upper end is 100 low end set to 50.
But, you're the friggin' expert with 4 Kontronik ESCs. I've only got one. Silly me, I followed Mr. Mel's instructions (same ones I'm giving you) and have never had any issues. Maybe I'm just not smart enough to have the problems you're having.

Good luck!

John

Old 02-25-2012, 11:07 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Exactly...throttle curve LINEAR upper end of ATV is 100 lower is 50....what part of that was i not clear about? You have to lower the lower throttle end to 50 and raise slowly most times to 80-82 in order to find where the esc arms. My problems is that the esc arms with a LINEAR curve and ATV even at 50.

Old 02-25-2012, 12:22 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

There is no lower than low in the view of the JIVE, below the learned zero pulse length is still zero.
Old 02-25-2012, 12:56 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Did another mode1 and 4 reset with a fully charged lipo and then the endpoints set like they should. Was weird before because with ATV at 100-100 motor still spooled up like normal right off of low stick.

Old 02-25-2012, 01:48 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

Red face

I just did the same thing, I have a 60LV for my Protos 500 and I know the DX8 throttle ATV is set to 82 and 82. I stupidly set the ATV on my Kony 100LV to 82 and 82 first. I then went through mode 1 and then mode 4 setup. It now armed at 52! Took awhile to figure out I had to have throttle ATV at 100 and 100 when going through mode 1 and mode 4 set up. Now it arms at 80 and set to 82. Funny thing is I flew it like that for about 4 flights with it arming at 52. I assume I just had lower resolution than if set properly at 82 ATV.
Old 02-25-2012, 02:07 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

Precisely my point. If you look at Mr. Mel's setup videos, he is very specific about having a linear 0-100 throttle curve with ATVs set at full (100%) when you go through the stick programming.

Only AFTER you have completed the programming should ATVs be adjusted.

I'm glad you finally got it set up Chris_M. In the future, I would suggest that you be more clear about things and less of a jackass when people try to help you.

For instance, your first message says:
Quote:
Throttle curve is linear, upper end is 100 low end set to 50
Perhaps you were trying to say "I programmed with a linear 0-100 throttle curve with ATVs set at 100." That is NOT what you said though.

In your next message, you say:
Quote:
As I posted it is linear. Upper ATV is 100 lower is 50
And you follow up with:
Quote:
READ MY POST AGAIN
No matter. You finally started from scratch with a fresh battery, etc and things are apparently working for you. Next time I see a message from you asking for help, I'll simply pass it by. This was enough for me.

John

Old 03-02-2012, 01:56 PM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

A very good explanation !
Obvious was doing something wrong. This is exactly the way I understood to do it and never had a problem.
LARRY2716 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-14-2012, 06:56 PM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

Just been having exactly the same problem. Never thought to try a fully charged pack although i cant see what difference that would make?
Ill try again in the morning with a fresh pack
tony stevens is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-27-2012, 06:36 PM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

Was a solution found for this.

Sent from my iPhone using Internet.
Trex 250SE/MCPX
rapidgaz is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-19-2014, 09:18 AM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by rapidgaz View Post
Was a solution found for this.

Sent from my iPhone using Internet.
Jip, Lompma explains what happens below...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lompma View Post
I just did the same thing, I have a 60LV for my Protos 500 and I know the DX8 throttle ATV is set to 82 and 82. I stupidly set the ATV on my Kony 100LV to 82 and 82 first. I then went through mode 1 and then mode 4 setup. It now armed at 52! Took awhile to figure out I had to have throttle ATV at 100 and 100 when going through mode 1 and mode 4 set up. Now it arms at 80 and set to 82. Funny thing is I flew it like that for about 4 flights with it arming at 52. I assume I just had lower resolution than if set properly at 82 ATV.
Long story short, if you want to calibrate ATV do this after programing mode 1; 4; 9. The mode programming has to be done using linear 0 - 100% throttle curve and with ATV's 100/100.
Polartip is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-19-2014, 12:42 PM   #16 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Do NOT adjust ATV er endpoints ever after programming, leave them at 100%, it was misinformation by MrMel, the deadband at the low throttle side is necessary for programming bail out.
Old hand at Planks
Peter
Vinger is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-19-2014, 02:41 PM   #17 (permalink)
Registered Users

Long story short, if you want to calibrate ATV do this after programing mode 1; 4; 9. The mode programming has to be done using linear 0 - 100% throttle curve and with ATV's 100/100.[/QUOTE]

Exactly right!!! Simple and 100% accurate explanation. If you want to do the so called calibration it can only be done after programing as described above. There is no need for it though. It is easy to forget that ATVs have been lowered and next time when programing with ATVs at 82% and recalibrating, it will arm at around 60%. Do the mistake again and it will arm at 40% etc. Better not to mess with the so called calibration. Leave the ATVs at 100%, nothing wrong with that !!!!
mmarian is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-21-2014, 02:41 PM   #18 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony stevens View Post
Just been having exactly the same problem. Never thought to try a fully charged pack although i cant see what difference that would make?
Ill try again in the morning with a fresh pack

Fresh pack won't make any difference... As long as you have enough voltage to run the BEC in the jive

There is a persistent rumor around this board that it will matter

It doesn't.
Logo 480 XXtreme, Logo 550SX, Logo 690SX, Logo 800 XXtreme, TDR, Minicopter Diabolo 550, Minicopter Triabolo, Goblin 500, Goblin 700, Goblin 770, KDS Agile 5.5, Voodoo 600, Voodoo 400, HD Cell 500, Thunder Tiger E700
taosgraveyard is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-22-2014, 03:42 AM   #19 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Makes a diffirence on the Kosmik, but Jive it does not matter what size or charge the pack is as long as it meets the minimum requirement for the Jive.
Old hand at Planks
Peter
Vinger is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-23-2014, 12:10 PM   #20 (permalink)
Registered Users

Messing with ATVs on a Jive gains you nothing except making the governor work poorly.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in