Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > MSH Brain FBL Unit

MSH Brain FBL Unit MSH Brain Support Forum

Like Tree11Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-27-2014, 12:45 AM   #281 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by orthobird View Post
any other suggestions?
Have you tried the reverse button in step 7? Set stick to max collective and click it till the swash really at max collective
Advertisement

Old 03-27-2014, 10:32 PM   #282 (permalink)
Registered Users

thank you all, i got it all set up!! thanks to all comments. now that i know, it is easy!!!! now, i am busting my head, trying to set up a meson 130 esc with a bavarian demon 3SX and a jeti Tx R3 (for a different helicopter)
orthobird is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-02-2014, 11:03 AM   #283 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Is there a governor FAQ? What does sensing divisor mean?

Sent from my A500 using Tapatalk
Spektrum DX8
Inverse is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-02-2014, 12:29 PM   #284 (permalink)
Registered Users

To the best of my knowledge, there is no specific governor FAQ. Sensing divisor is the motor number of poles divided by two, or 1 for magnet sensors of glow engines.

Best regards,

Jose A.
Goblin 500
joanpeca is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-06-2014, 03:26 PM   #285 (permalink)
Registered Users

help...
i have a small Gaui X3 helicopter that i set up from a Kit
it has IKON flybarless system
and it has JR 9503
i am using SAVOX servos
6s system
when i spool up and get to about 1/3 stick, still while on negative collective, the hell tilTs to right and back
any idea what this is. i have made sure the swash is as level as possible with my eye and with using a small balsa stick as a gauge and mid stick on the Tx with servo arms at 90 degrees to the servo. the helicopter was programmed with the IKON computer program, and using a laptop with windows 8.0
this bird has never flown
it has not left the ground yet
i am just spooling it up on the ground first to see what happens
have never gotten it to the positive side of pitch.
i also placed it on a table with a level, and i was certain the table was flat to within .5 degrees. Then, i reprogrammed it with the IKON computer program. still doing the same thing, on spool up, once speed gets high enough, it will start to tilt back and to the right.

i also have adjusted the turnbuckles to compensate for this, and it has not effect on the problem. the problem persists.
Old 04-06-2014, 06:34 PM   #286 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default BRAIN Frequently Asked Questions

Do you have the self level on?
Old 04-06-2014, 07:25 PM   #287 (permalink)
Registered Users

yes, i undid it, and now all is good. thank you!!
Old 04-06-2014, 08:15 PM   #288 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default BRAIN Frequently Asked Questions

Cool! Have fun and be careful with the self level feature! Read about it before you play with it.
Old 04-07-2014, 07:42 PM   #289 (permalink)
Registered Users

Just as an FYI!! today was the maiden of my Gaui X3 with the IKON. outside of the small amount of tail jitters during flight, this is solid. well, one of my facebook friends sold me a T-rex 550 used, no batteries, for 500 dollars. it had a system in it: curtis youngblood total G, which i hear is good, but i have decided to remove that, and i purchased another IKON for this, my 3rd helicopter. going up from the blade 450 x, to the Gaui X3, and now this:

so now, i am here, asking for help??

question?

i am using a castle creations ESC, 6s lipo battery, IKON FBL unit, and align servos. my Tx is a Jeti DS 16. my rx is a Jeti R3.

i have bound the Rx to the Tx, and the R3 is plugged into the channel 3 of the IKON.

now, here is my problem??? on my Tx, i have to pick a swash type, only has three options: 3 servo, 4 servo, and mechanical.

on my Tx, i have gone to device explorer, and picked + PPM.

on the IKON PC program, going thru the steps, i have picked the swash that corresponds to the helicopter.

however, i cannot get "roll" output from my Tx to the Rx.

can anyone help? or is there something i am not doing, or maybe i am doing wrong. thank you.
Old 04-23-2014, 12:24 PM   #290 (permalink)
Registered Users

where can i find the manuall for the brain dont see it on MSH site,many thanks marty
Old 05-07-2014, 06:47 PM   #291 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I didn't see a thread for Brain feature requests but here is one I'd like to see.
I have on my DX8 a dial (AUX3) that I would love to be able to assign to pretty much any parameter in the Brain.
Take off, dial in the cyclic gain, for example before landing, firing up my BT/Android app and then assigning it to another variable/parameter and having the brain holding the value.
This would make setting up the heli so very easy.
Imagine how easy setting up SL would be if you could just pop her in the air and keep flipping the switch and adjusting the values until it levelled correctly.
I reckon I could set up a heli in a single pack with this option.
Spektrum DX8
Old 05-08-2014, 01:22 AM   #292 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inverse View Post
I didn't see a thread for Brain feature requests but here is one I'd like to see.
This thread is probably the closest to a feature request area.

https://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=598239

At least we know Thomas reads it.

//Dennis.
Thunder Fighter is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-08-2014, 03:04 AM   #293 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Will repost in there, thanks mate.
Spektrum DX8
Old 06-17-2014, 04:39 AM   #294 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default MSH Brain software with 6 Swashplate optiopns

Hi,
can someone give me a link to the older Brain Software for the PC?. Should be enough to copy only the folder with the files.
I need the 140° Swashplate with the Nickservo in front. In the current version there are only 4 options of swasplate and this one is missing (in the previous version was 6 options)

Best regards
Pascal
dxnemesis is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-06-2015, 03:06 PM   #295 (permalink)
Registered Users

Short question

Do i have to place the MSH brain in the centre of the machine?

I've a Compass 7HV and want to place the MSH and receiver next to each other on the gyro tray. So the msh brain is gonna be off centre of the machine, is this a problem?

I don't think so, but better asking if you're not shure ;-)

sven75 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-06-2015, 07:51 PM   #296 (permalink)
Registered Users

No issue with putting it off centre, just make sure the case isn't touching the side frame and that it is square to the mainframe.

//Dennis.
Thunder Fighter is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-07-2015, 01:20 AM   #297 (permalink)
Registered Users

THanks dennis :-)
sven75 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-05-2016, 05:44 AM   #298 (permalink)
Registered Users

It took me a while to find out that Ch.7 ( Aux.2) was the Ch. used for selecting the Banks. I am using a DX6 G2 and found a post on how to change this to CH.5 ( thanks egiraldo911)

HeliFreak - View Single Post - How To Assign Bank (setup) switch on the New DX6?

and it works as it should , with values of 100 / 0 / -100.

When Brain 2 and the new Firmware Update becomes available with true Rescue function which Ch. will this be on, will it be universal as in function no matter which Bank one if flying in and no matter if SL is active or not?

It seems to me SL and Rescue should have their own required input values to activate them .

I have Ikon, two Brain s and a Brain 2 on pre-order and really looking forward to Rescue so I can fly more and crash less , I hope.

Anyone aware of a short wiring adapter to go between the Brain and its' wiring cable and BT device? I want the Brain connection to BT extended from deep inside the FBL to a point where cable from FBL to BT device is much easier. Why is this connection on Brain / Ikon recessed to where one must use an object to push connector onto pins and then pull on the wires to disconnect it (very bad). If someone made a solid header extension at a reasonable cost I would purchase one for each of my Brain / iKon FBL.

Last edited by everydayflyer; 06-05-2016 at 05:53 AM.. Reason: added link
everydayflyer is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-06-2016, 11:15 PM   #299 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by everydayflyer View Post

When Brain 2 and the new Firmware Update becomes available with true Rescue function which Ch. will this be on, will it be universal as in function no matter which Bank one if flying in and no matter if SL is active or not?

It seems to me SL and Rescue should have their own required input values to activate them .

Anyone aware of a short wiring adapter to go between the Brain and its' wiring cable and BT device? I want the Brain connection to BT extended from deep inside the FBL to a point where cable from FBL to BT device is much easier. Why is this connection on Brain / Ikon recessed to where one must use an object to push connector onto pins and then pull on the wires to disconnect it (very bad). If someone made a solid header extension at a reasonable cost I would purchase one for each of my Brain / iKon FBL.
SL and Rescue are independent should you choose to run them that way. But with a 6 channel you would just basically have to have bank 1 normal bank 2 SL and bank 3 Rescue.

However if you have a 7 channel or higher tx you can have sl on lets say bank 3 and keep banks 1-2 open for flying and then put rescue on it's own channel and have combos. This would require giving up tail gain. If you have a 8 channel you can do all 3 at once

As for the adapter, look closely at the brain 2 they moved the sys io port to the side for very easy access. the bluetooth versions do not have a sys io port for obvious reasons however.
vtown nick is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-07-2016, 12:07 AM   #300 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thank you very much for the clarification. I do not care for SL and only use it along with Transmitter mixs to create a Rescue . When real Rescue is available even a lowly 6Ch. should give me two Banks ( flying setups) which is plenty for me and Rescue available on a separate momentary switch. With a bit of programing (mixs) perhaps even three Banks and Rescue.

I can get on 3 way sw. 100 / 0 / -100 and 150 on a momentary in fact this is how a Blade 230S is programed at present on a DX 6 G .

If I had the required numbers ( values) I would go head a work on programing now and hope the upgrade is released very soon.
everydayflyer is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in