Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Outrage Velocity 90 Nitro

Outrage Velocity 90 Nitro Outrage Velocity 90 Nitro Helicopter Factory Support Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-20-2010, 04:28 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Velocity-90 ,Speecless how this Beast Perform

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7wkG9igCd6k[/ame]
silverbullet is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-20-2010, 05:18 PM   #2 (permalink)
The Capi

My HF Map location

I hate you !! That is some very aggressive flying, if that doesn't break it nothing will. Wanna give us more details on your impression of it's flying characteristics ?
Old 06-20-2010, 05:39 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default yeah

How does it compare to the velocity 50?wuts impression on the build? Come on share with the class.
Old 06-20-2010, 05:47 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Shure Guys,
Ok i have seen Boomstrike on 90 Size if Dario flyies like this for some time, dont want to say which Brands but we all know what i mean.
Touching the Limmits you will allways get some sound out of the Heli, which thells you that was close.

Today Dario did overcross this limmit with the Velo-90 for some times ,just for testreasons but the Heli still easy go thru it, which all of us staying at the Fiel makes us a big smile in the Face and Dario was more then Happy to first time not Boom-Strike a Heli when performing such kind of Manouvers.

My impression is that Outrage is comming up with something Large like Star-Wars with this 90Size.
May the Force be with u...
and u have to see it live the Vid, cant really thell the impression of it it was just amayzing.

by the way, this is another few impression.the end of the vid is nice, coz higher head speed
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DVK8HmZtsXA[/ame]
Old 06-21-2010, 05:23 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Is the engine still alive? It sounds awfully lean.
Old 06-21-2010, 05:45 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

I was gonna mention the lean sound, too... during the tic-tocs it just lost it and didn't recover quickly. The flying is absolutely stellar, though! Something I'll never be able to do! LOL!

Scott

Spartan Vortex Inside,Team Scorpion
KBDD Team Pilot ):>

dunkonu23 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-21-2010, 05:48 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

do you hear and a metal sound ?? is this from the engine??!
MaSt0RaS is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-21-2010, 11:56 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Jep, the sound on the vid is kind of strange, but it was not in live, dont know the mic-camera is doing something strange???

I can promice to you Guys the Engine was, belive it or not almost cold after those flights.
Just to show the Beating this Heli can take and how it goes when flying those Boomstrikemanouvers.

More to come when he will finnishing the (Finetunig)
Old 06-21-2010, 12:04 PM   #9 (permalink)
The Capi

My HF Map location

Nova Rosi engines always have a different sound to them.
Old 06-21-2010, 12:09 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

My 57 didnt have this metal sound.. this metal sound is like the Ys 91Sr when its a little lean..!
MaSt0RaS is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-21-2010, 01:58 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

The engine sound is like it's got a harmonic after effect of audio compression. That said, man, there's VERY little smoke... Almost none in the second video except at the start. It did hold tic tocs well in the second video, though. Odd.

Scott

Spartan Vortex Inside,Team Scorpion
KBDD Team Pilot ):>

dunkonu23 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-21-2010, 10:17 PM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

saw Eric's this past weekend. Thing was amazing and I can't wait for mine. Combined with the YS91SR-DS that thing was nutz
Scorpion Power Systems/Batteries
Spartan RC
John Cook is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-21-2010, 10:38 PM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoronaL View Post
saw Eric's this past weekend. Thing was amazing and I can't wait for mine. Combined with the YS91SR-DS that thing was nutz
A little birdy told me you may have had a pull on the sticks also

No holding out Bro!
Old 06-22-2010, 08:39 AM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charley Stephens View Post
A little birdy told me you may have had a pull on the sticks also

No holding out Bro!

Yeah I had a pull on that bad boy. Wasn't sure if I could say anything about it, but beings as the DOOR was opened.

LOVED IT!!! I didn't really do too much with it, seeing as I was afraid to taco Eric's heli.

The heli tracks amazing, and aside from being bigger than the Velocity 50 seems about as nimble/fast, which is freaking amazing given the size etc... I haven't flown a 90 that could both track so locked in and smooth, but have crazy cyclic speed as well. It seems like you are flying a very nimble 50, yet with 90 size and power.

I can see myself flying this thing very well, meaning it will make me look better than I am lol. Just so smooth, locked in, and at the same time agile.

Eric can make anything look good. However, chatting with him, he really loves how it flies. Easily the best he's flown per his comments and he states it's crazy how fast it can change directions. He said he's never flown a 90 that can come close to that attribute, which he LOVES. And for people that know Eric, he would sacrifice some agility for better precision and a locked in feeling IF he had to. His style is so smooth and precise as many are aware with his piro moves and piro reversals etc.... With this 90 there is NO sacrifice needed. You get all the agility you can handle and it's still super precise . He was also bragging up the ease of maintenence in this machine. Dropping the motor takes about 5mins if that, etc...

We had several people come and look it over during the fun fly in St. Charles IL this past weekend. Alot of questions we got to answer(mostly Eric, I was moral support lol). We also had a couple Velocity 50 owners come to our tent for help and we were able to help them get setup correctly etc... Nice to see more Outrage helis at events now . The Velocity 90 will make that even moreso, as this heli will be a hit FOR SURE!

Oh and that YS91SR-DS is teh REAL DEAL!!! Glad I have one waiting for my Vel90

One last thing, I want a set of those new Outrage BLS servos, Eric is using as prototypes. Crazy FAST and I guess @ or > 200oz of torque. BUT, get this about 200mah draw per flight. He didn't remember(or maybe not allowed to say), but those servos seemed every bit as fast, and maybe faster than 8717's in 2s lipo. Plus are more efficient and provided they hold up like the current Outrage BLS, will hold almost zero lash/gear slop due to the gear train.

Some very awesome products to be excited about guys! Charley and Outrage have really got my pocket book in their hands in the near future
Scorpion Power Systems/Batteries
Spartan RC
John Cook is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-22-2010, 02:13 PM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default yeah

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoronaL View Post

Yeah I had a pull on that bad boy. Wasn't sure if I could say anything about it, but beings as the DOOR was opened.

LOVED IT!!! I didn't really do too much with it, seeing as I was afraid to taco Eric's heli.

The heli tracks amazing, and aside from being bigger than the Velocity 50 seems about as nimble/fast, which is freaking amazing given the size etc... I haven't flown a 90 that could both track so locked in and smooth, but have crazy cyclic speed as well. It seems like you are flying a very nimble 50, yet with 90 size and power.

I can see myself flying this thing very well, meaning it will make me look better than I am lol. Just so smooth, locked in, and at the same time agile.

Eric can make anything look good. However, chatting with him, he really loves how it flies. Easily the best he's flown per his comments and he states it's crazy how fast it can change directions. He said he's never flown a 90 that can come close to that attribute, which he LOVES. And for people that know Eric, he would sacrifice some agility for better precision and a locked in feeling IF he had to. His style is so smooth and precise as many are aware with his piro moves and piro reversals etc.... With this 90 there is NO sacrifice needed. You get all the agility you can handle and it's still super precise . He was also bragging up the ease of maintenence in this machine. Dropping the motor takes about 5mins if that, etc...

Some very awesome products to be excited about guys! Charley and Outrage have really got my pocket book in their hands in the near future

thats what i was hoping to hear and comming from a non sponsored pilot made me even more excited about my pre-order-i was hoping that it had all the qualities i love about my velocity50 but in a bigger -heli.

one quesion parts will still be cheaper than those other 90's? like that matters i still want mine-come on x-mas (release day)........i've been good i fly my velocity 50 twice a day-and my man cave is clean.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in