Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopters > Newbies: Tips and Information

Newbies: Tips and Information Section of HF, specifically for Passing along info to newcomers to the hobby. Setup, tweaking, orientation practice, etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-08-2012, 12:41 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Something to remember!

From one Noob to another I've now flown 11 packs on my new Trex 450 Pro 3GX! What a blast! I spent almost 2 months on the build and initial setups and thanks to the awesome folks on Heli Freak I had but one issue on my first spool ups!

I'd made a set of training gear (tip #1), which saved my bird when it began to spin uncontrollabley. Rudder gyro was set backwards! Quick fix and no damage!

Tip #2 and the reason for this post!!!! Always!!! And I mean always do a thorough post flight check! It doesn't matter that you didn't crash, landed nice and gently and couldn't keep the dirt eating grin off your face .
What I've found so far: missing nut on rudder servo ball! That could have been real bad!
Main rotor housing nut loose... again not a good thing!
Just thought I'd mention it. This is my first "big" heli, after the little Eflite Blades. I never appreciated the giant step up I've taken with the 450 Pro!
Have fun! <insert dirt eating grin>
Dr4ch3n is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-09-2012, 12:35 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

loctight is your friend ...
Old 04-24-2012, 08:45 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Wait till your first flight on a 600!!! You won't believe the difference.
foolforspeed is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-25-2012, 04:22 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Man are you right! Those pre and post flight inspections can really, Literally, save your butt. Especially after a fresh build/rebuild. Thats the thing I like about my Nitro Helis, not much choice about doing a post flight as you need to get the slime off and I have caught many many "Should have been a crash, could have been a crash" items during a post flight inspection. No matter how good the post flight, the pre flight is your last chance to catch that backed out screw, worn ball link or bad connection........All those things happen no matter how good a builder you might be. All cost good money if you find out in the air.
Fboss38 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-26-2012, 08:58 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

[QUOTE=Dr4ch3n;3829468 Always!!! And I mean always do a thorough post flight check!>[/QUOTE]

never has better advice been given. +1
AE .50 apache, TT .90 TOW MD500, 2 x JR ergo 60, TT x50 titan, TT 50, TT 30, 3 x MTe325, MSH Mini protos, trex 450 Apache, MT cobra, Airwolf 450, Blade 400, century 50 Bell 47, MT EC135, RADIKAL G20, trex450 MD500, Protos 500
Bikersurgeon is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
advice, noob, post flight check

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in