Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > 130X

130X Blade 130X Helicopters Information and Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-14-2014, 07:48 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Is there a trick to removing the A gear?

So is there some kind of trick to removing the A gear from this helicopter? I had to replace mine a little while back and I watched the Blade video with James numerous times and he says that you just push it to the side and then pull it down.

I had such trouble getting it out that I busted one or two teeth off of it which didn't matter because I was replacing it anyway but then getting the new one in wasn't much easier.

Am I missing something or is it just that much of a hassle? Personally I find the C/D gears easier to work on than A/B.
ACITceva is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-14-2014, 10:57 PM   #2 (permalink)
Closed Account

I ultimately end up removing the B gear as well, then the A gear just slides in.
mill1000 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-14-2014, 11:25 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACITceva View Post
So is there some kind of trick to removing the A gear from this helicopter? I had to replace mine a little while back and I watched the Blade video with James numerous times and he says that you just push it to the side and then pull it down.

I had such trouble getting it out that I busted one or two teeth off of it which didn't matter because I was replacing it anyway but then getting the new one in wasn't much easier.

Am I missing something or is it just that much of a hassle? Personally I find the C/D gears easier to work on than A/B.
Pretty darn easy, slide the tail case back a bit and remove the B gear. Set it aside somewhere safe.

Pull the main gear down till it touches the skids.

Pull off all 3 swash to servo links. Set the 2 rear ones aside, they will fall off if not.

Remove the screw out of the A gear and pull the entire head up. Be careful of the anti-rotation pin so you don't break it off.

Pull the main gear off once the shaft is up high enough.

Pull the A gear out.

Reverse the procedure to install saving the B gear for very last after the screw is back in the A gear and the main gear is seated.

Using a piece of solder bent in a small L, fish the B gear into position with the tail pointing down. Get some tweezers and wedge them between the main shaft and B gear. Slowly and gently feed the torque tube into the B gear then slide the tail case back into position. Adjust tail case depth for proper gear mesh.
vtown nick is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-15-2014, 08:50 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Ah... so you guys normally remove the B gear as well (first).

I was trying to do it while leaving the B gear in place which is how James does it in the official Blade repair video. I was just trying to copy his exact procedure when I replaced mine and I kinda never even considered that there would be a better way.

I'll try it your way next time.. Thanks!
Old 04-15-2014, 08:24 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

I always leave the B gear in and just pull the A gear out. Never really had any problem getting the A gear removed with the B in place. It does take a bit to get the A gear in with the B in place. For this I use a small screwdriver and pop it in place as shown on the HH video James posted.
Old 04-19-2014, 09:07 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atchuuu View Post
I always leave the B gear in and just pull the A gear out. Never really had any problem getting the A gear removed with the B in place.
In the video James says "simply push it (the A gear) to the side and push down and it will pop out". Is that all you were doing? No matter how hard I tried it didn't want to seem to "pop out" and I had to use a LOT of force.
Old 04-19-2014, 01:53 PM   #7 (permalink)
HF Support

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACITceva View Post
In the video James says "simply push it (the A gear) to the side and push down and it will pop out". Is that all you were doing? No matter how hard I tried it didn't want to seem to "pop out" and I had to use a LOT of force.
If you do not remove the boom, or take off the tail case, removing the A gear does take some force. It's a tilt down type force as the B gear is still in place.

As the boom is a pain to remove and re-seat just right and the tail gears can be a hassle to replace, if just replacing the plastic A with the metal A, I have never removed the B gear or boom when jut doing this change.

However, if trying to get the whole system working really smooth, I use lynx main shaft shims to get the A/B mesh perfect (and eliminate any main shaft movement). However, to do this I split the frame, so A gear replacement at that stage is trivial.
Old 04-19-2014, 02:14 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

The best trick I found was remove the oem frame around the A gear, toss it in the trash. Once the crappy frame is out of the way, access to the A gear is very simple. Then replace the OEM frame with a sweet MH frame.

SkyKraken is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-20-2014, 12:40 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

A big friggin hammer will work also LOL!
scott s is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in