Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopters > Finless Bob's Helifreak Tech Room

Finless Bob's Helifreak Tech Room Finless Bob's Helifreak Tech Room - Tips and how-To Videos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-18-2011, 08:26 PM   #41 (permalink)
Registered Users

Finless is busy trying to sort out the 6HV. Im pretty sure I read somewhere that he will move onto the 3dplus videos when he has completed the 6HV series..

Im also keen to watch the 3dplus series. Just give Finless time.
360Wings is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-19-2011, 08:19 AM   #42 (permalink)
Registered Users

I think some people's concern is by the time new vids come up, there will be a new revision. Bob is very very busy though with work etc.... Hope all is well Bob
Scorpion Power Systems/Batteries
Spartan RC
John Cook is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-19-2011, 10:47 AM   #43 (permalink)
Team Taco VP

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

On top of all that, every time I do have free time I wind up going to events. Joe Nall last week. San Diego FF this weekend, and the Trabuco flyer's pig roast memorial weekend!

I do have to get this thing flying though dang it! While I am waiting for stuff for the 6HV I think I may get started

Bob
Finless is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-13-2011, 08:35 AM   #44 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Compass Knight 50 Sport/3D - design fault?

Hi. Love the videoa and used the build videos during my long nights with a K Sport with 3D upgrades. I think I hae recently encountered a design fault though. The main shaft retainer the abuts the under part of the upper bearing keeps grinding down the brearing block. I think the problem is that the entire weight of the helo is being held by the upper bearing which is currently slipping.

Have I done something wrong? Can you suggest a fix (glue the bearing into the block?).

HP
Herbert Pocket is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-13-2011, 08:56 AM   #45 (permalink)
Registered Users

Herbert,

Is the upper bearing block installed, upside down?

The collar has a slight raised area (like a ring) on one side. This side faces up and should contact the inner race of the bearing, only.

The bearing block, itself, should be installed from the factory, with the side that the bearing is pressed into, on the bottom.
Old 10-13-2011, 10:05 AM   #46 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Bearing block problems

Yes, the ridge on the lock ring is upwards. I cant say about the bearing block though. The raised ring on he lock ring is pushing the bearing upwards and out of the block resulting in the lock ring rubbing in the bearing block (I will get a picture if you think it will help).

I have ordered a new bearing block with bearing. Do you think it should go in a certain way up?

I have also ordered new bearings. Do you think I should try glue one into the block?
Old 10-13-2011, 10:12 AM   #47 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Bearing block

I have just inspected my new bearing block/holder and you have given me the solution. The bearing block has a flange on the inner ring that stops the bearing from being 'pushed through'.

The 'old' bearing block (this is a second-hand re-build) has had a stressfull life. The flange has been pushed out (I would guess by a heavy landing/bounce) allowing the bearing to be pushed through by the lock ring.

Thanks for the help. Others may wish to note where my K3D failed.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in