Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Walkera Helicopters > Ufly

Ufly Walkera Ufly Helicopter Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-01-2011, 08:22 PM   #41 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Default Flybarless UflyS Servo Recommendation

Quote:
Originally Posted by magicmarty View Post
will it matter if i replace the stock servos with analog servos? also you mentioned the henge servos i really like the specs on those...are they smooth as opoised to the walkeras ? and do they perhaps have more travel throw then the walkera servos ? mine don't seem to move very far even with the ext turned all way up...in fact my elevator servo moves farther backward then it does forward...

thanks...very nice informative thread...
Hi magicmarty,

Thanks for the kind words. I don't believe you can use analog servos, I have tried many types of servos, all kinds of brands and none of them worked perfectly except the henge 922s that I got from Hobbyking.com. The henge servos are very smooth and lightning fast which is necessary to be flybarless. The henge 922s are only $9 a servo which is a fantastic price plus you can replace the METAL gears for only $5 which I have yet to do even after some disastrous crashes. The servos travel very little, they barely move. Get the Henge 922 servos, they work great with the very picky RX2435 gyro/receiver and you won't have to waste more time trying to find a servo that works, BELIEVE ME I TRIED A CRAPLOAD OF THEM! Unfortunately I only could find them at Hobbyking.com or on Ebay. Check out the pics I posted on pages 3 & 4 showing my RX2435's settings. Good luck!
jtpile is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-01-2011, 11:10 PM   #42 (permalink)
Registered Users

thanks for replying...i searched online and your rite only HK has the henge servos..so i will place a order with them in the near future...a lot of people on a different forum are trying to find a better servo for the v400d02 walkera cause the stock servos strip very easy , some say on first flight they strip there servos out...perhaps the henge might be the answer for the v400 as well...i been experimenting with different blades on my uflys and found a real nice set for the honey bee that are very durable as well as more stable then the stock blades..they are made by xtreme production and are fiber reinforced ..they require slightly more rpm to lift but i found that the higher head speed helps in stabilization of the heli...

if anybody is interested here is the link to the xtreme blades ...
http://www.boomtownhobbies.com/Xtrem...P_p/ehb014.htm

they are a little bit tight fitting between the blade grips so i used a flat sanding block to thin them just a little and they fit perfect...needed to use the stock plastic blade insert washers cause the xtremes didn't come with any...but i really like them...i have only hovered 2 packs thru them but i am very pleased with there performance..

thanks all and happy flying...
magicmarty is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-02-2011, 01:59 AM   #43 (permalink)
Registered Users

Talking Perfect Flybarless UflyS - servos

Hi Magicmarty,

Thanks for the blade recommendation, never tried them but they sound like a worthy upgrade over the stock blades especially like the higher headspeed and less pitch aspect. I'm sure the Henge servos would work great on other helis. I am planning on getting a Walkera 4F200 in a few months after I've gotten comfortable doing nose in flight with my UflyS & V120D02, and some Phoenix sim time, the first thing I'll do with that bird is replace ALL 4 of the stock servos with those awesome Henge 922 servos. I will not even be putting a single second of time with that heli using Walkera's crappy plastic gear servos (I wish they had metal gear servos for the V120D02). The specs on the 922s are damn good and for $9 nothing comes even close, even forgetting that they're only $9 I could not find any servo to work properly, even HiTec, Bluebird, Coronoa, and a few others had far too many problems or did not work at all. One set of servos nearly worked but I believe they were just a tiny bit too slow so they worked but then occasionally the rolling servo would go into a seizure, really weird and off the charts annoying. This one servo worked great 95% of the time then if you moved the stick to fast it would go into a seizure which is a bitch to control!!! Luckily even after these strange heli seizures I could get it safely on the ground. Unfortunately I never filmed it doing this but it's something to see, funny but it gets old after a few times of killing any heli fun.
So... GET THE HENGE 922 lol (No I don't work for them and believe it or not the servo is Chinese like the heli and the motors, originally the name sounded like a German company to me but there's no way you could get a German anything for $9, probably not even a beer and a pretzel in a Stuttgart bar)
Old 03-02-2011, 02:17 AM   #44 (permalink)
Registered Users

i will for sure get the henge and replace the noisy jerky walkera servos ...mine sound like they are grinding when they move its annoying ...was that way new from the box....i am a bit out of practice and a lot rusty on forward flight...i used to fly a nitro back years ago which is what i learned to fly on..i have to say it was easier to fly then the small electric helicopters...i guess the larger size with the crazy fast head speed came into play there..but it was so expensive to repair after a minor crash ...averaged around $100.00 per crash...but it was fun to fly ...never did anything other then sport flying cause i never set it up for any aggressive type of flying...

thanks again ...
Old 03-02-2011, 02:36 AM   #45 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thumbs up Perfect Flybarless UflyS - servos

Google provides plenty of sites for these Henge servos but Hobbyking naturally beats them all. From what I can see online people other than myself are 100% happy with them. Walkera should use them in their helis but I guess they want to keep prices more affordable to get people hooked then then later a slight pain to upgrade the servos but these Henges destroy the plastic gear Walkera ones and are compatible. Reliability is key, I TRUST these servos and they haven't bitten me in the ass, the stock servos with flybarless just couldn't handle little crashes, gears stripped ALL the time getting expensive and annoying. Henge has saved me a lot of hassle and has prevented crashes from servos malfunctioning. Yep I like em, not a single complaint or problem and I haven't been kind to them in the least, they take a lickin and keep on tickin like a Timex.
Old 03-02-2011, 02:44 AM   #46 (permalink)
Registered Users

i seen the 933 but according to the specs they have a slower cyclic time ..0.10 and the 922 is 0.07 ...as it figures i just went to HK and they are out of stock on the 922 but whats retarded is they sell the same exact servo with the HK name on it for bout $2.00 more ..i emailed henge and HK is there biggest customer they did mention a few shops on Ebay sell the henge but i looked and found none.....

heres the link to the HK aka henge i mentioned...

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=14279
Old 03-02-2011, 03:11 AM   #47 (permalink)
Registered Users

http://www.servodatabase.com/servo/henge/md922

Get these, my mistake on the 933s, they are slower so no way, stick with 922s from HK.
Old 03-02-2011, 03:16 AM   #48 (permalink)
Registered Users

Here's what I ordered but your link is the same just the HK brand, strange it costs more but it's in stock unlike what I ordered.

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=10976
Old 03-02-2011, 03:17 AM   #49 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
i seen the 933 but according to the specs they have a slower cyclic time ..0.10 and the 922 is 0.07 ...as it figures i just went to HK and they are out of stock on the 922 but whats retarded is they sell the same exact servo with the HK name on it for bout $2.00 more ..i emailed henge and HK is there biggest customer they did mention a few shops on Ebay sell the henge but i looked and found none.....

Oops reply above, still getting used to helifreak...
Old 03-02-2011, 03:26 AM   #50 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1094622

Here's another site that has them:

http://www.enjoyhobbies.biz/servo/he...ro-servo-md922

The MD922 is a sweet servo
Old 03-02-2011, 03:28 AM   #51 (permalink)
Registered Users

no worries ,they offered a small discount thing that popped up on the window...so they were just a little higher (less than a buck each) so i took advantage and added to my cart...lol...now i get to sweet talk my wife and explain why i want and need better servos...lmao
Old 03-02-2011, 03:30 AM   #52 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
no worries ,they offered a small discount thing that popped up on the window...so they were just a little higher (less than a buck each) so i took advantage and added to my cart...lol...now i get to sweet talk my wife and explain why i want and need better servos...lmao
Can't go wrong with those MD922s, worth it just for the aggravation you won't be put through after a crash from a crappy servo. -cheers
Old 03-02-2011, 03:31 AM   #53 (permalink)
Registered Users

looks like they have a usa based warehouse...

thanks a bunch..
Old 03-02-2011, 03:33 AM   #54 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
looks like they have a usa based warehouse...

thanks a bunch..
Awesome
Old 03-02-2011, 03:34 AM   #55 (permalink)
Registered Users

one more question ...does the +/- and signal wires match up to the walkera rx or will i have to switch them around?
Old 03-02-2011, 10:26 PM   #56 (permalink)
Registered Users

crap...i emailed and asked if they had the servos in stock in there usa warehouse and they replied they don't ...so i will have to order them from over seas ...oh well was worth a try..
Old 03-04-2011, 08:26 PM   #57 (permalink)
Registered Users

ordered my servos and picked up a extra battery as well i figured for less the 5 bux might as well....hopefully wont take to long for them to arrive...

looking forward to replacing the walkera servos....
Old 03-08-2011, 08:11 PM   #58 (permalink)

Default Now easy to fly and will hover hands free

Hey everybody, i' ve been reading this thread from the start ,and have done the flybarless conversion.Must say it totally changes this heli for the better!The rx adjustments now have a noticeable affect ,also works very well at taming wind .I was curious if everyone is having the same experience?
Stevemech is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-08-2011, 09:54 PM   #59 (permalink)
Registered Users

i haven't converted mine to fbl yet i am waiting till i get the new servos and i get more used to flying it with the stock set up...but i plan to later on in the near future...
Old 03-09-2011, 08:36 AM   #60 (permalink)

I ordered the henge 922 servos from hobby king about a month ago and just now received them.I had a hard time flying my uflys until I went fbl.The control delay and constant corrections made for stressful flights,with fbl the rx can be adjusted to hover hands free, take off with out input on aileron,self correct during flight in wind!Almost coaxial stability,it allowed me to progress to the fun part (flying).
Stevemech is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
370d01, flybarless, uflys, walkera

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in