Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > nano CP X

nano CP X Blade nano CP X Helicopters Information and Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-06-2012, 11:53 PM   #61 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Napoleon_Tanerite View Post
I never owned a 400, but I thought they still had an integrated ESC/RX/gyro. If I'm wrong, I will concede defeat on that. I never said they shared actual components with Align, just layout-- i.e. independent ESC, RX, gyro, servos, and didn't rely on integrated "X-in-one" type units.
Ah, I see what you meant about Align now. Yes, the Blade 400 had separate components and not one "magic box" that housed the RX/Gyro/ESC like the older Blade CPs. Even the highly maligned Blade SR had separate components, but I don't consider that a "real" mainstream heli since it still had a separate motor driven tail instead of belt/shaft drive.
scott_g is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-07-2012, 12:30 AM   #62 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
The 450X beats the pants off the T-Rex 450
............................................______ __
....................................,.-'"...................``~.,
.............................,.-"..................................."-.,
.........................,/...............................................":,
.....................,?........................... ...........................,
.................../.................................................. .........,}
................./.................................................. ....,:`^`..}
.............../.................................................. .,:"........./
..............?.....__............................ .............:`.........../
............./__.(....."~-,_..............................,:`........../
.........../(_...."~,_........"~,_....................,:`..... ..._/
..........{.._$;_......"=,_......."-,_.......,.-~-,},.~";/....}
...........((.....*~_......."=-._......";,,./`..../"............../
...,,,___.`~,......"~.,....................`.....} ............../
............(....`=-,,.......`........................(......;_,,-"
............/.`~,......`-...................................../
.............`~.*-,.....................................|,./.....,__
,,_..........}.>-._...................................|............ ..`=~-,
.....`=~-,__......`,.................................
...................`=~-,,.,...............................
................................`:,,.............. .............`..............__
.....................................`=-,...................,%`>--==``
........................................_......... .._,-%.......`

Personally I see that right there as the perception issue. A heli is only as good as its components. A trex 450 is a solid and popular choice of frame, which can be decked out with high end servos, motors, escs, etc. Many pilots buy the align combos just for the frame, sell off the combo electronics and install their own. That's blade's perception problem right there, the helis aren't looked at for the heli, they are looked at for the whole package. How many people do you know buying the 450x just for the frame/design. Even now with the 300x so many people are buying it just for the beastx, with a free heli thrown in.
youturnjason is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-07-2012, 12:44 AM   #63 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by youturnjason View Post
Personally I see that right there as the perception issue. A heli is only as good as its components. A trex 450 is a solid and popular choice of frame, which can be decked out with high end servos, motors, escs, etc. Many pilots buy the align combos just for the frame, sell off the combo electronics and install their own. That's blade's perception problem right there, the helis aren't looked at for the heli, they are looked at for the whole package. How many people do you know buying the 450x just for the frame/design. Even now with the 300x so many people are buying it just for the beastx, with a free heli thrown in.
When you're comparing helis it's only fair to compare the factory kit. Once you go throwing in aftermarket stuff, all comparisons go out the window. When I compare the B450X to the T450, I am referencing "stock" equipment-- meaning the motor, servos, and FBL unit included in the "super combo". In it's stock form, the T450 is heavier, slower, and has less punch than a B450X, only to be made up for with faster head speed. I understand a lot of guys gut the kit and install whatever they want, but then it's not really a "from the factory" T-Rex at that point. I could drop double the price of the 450x into an upgraded motor, servos, esc, etc. If I put those same components in the T-Rex, the T-Rex would still be heavier, with a 10mm smaller rotor disc.
Old 09-07-2012, 01:12 AM   #64 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
When you're comparing helis it's only fair to compare the factory kit. Once you go throwing in aftermarket stuff, all comparisons go out the window. When I compare the B450X to the T450, I am referencing "stock" equipment-- meaning the motor, servos, and FBL unit included in the "super combo". In it's stock form, the T450 is heavier, slower, and has less punch than a B450X, only to be made up for with faster head speed. I understand a lot of guys gut the kit and install whatever they want, but then it's not really a "from the factory" T-Rex at that point. I could drop double the price of the 450x into an upgraded motor, servos, esc, etc. If I put those same components in the T-Rex, the T-Rex would still be heavier, with a 10mm smaller rotor disc.
I think you missed my point. I'm saying until people look at blade helis as a viable platform to install gear on, they are always going to be seen as "toys".

As for their performance stock, I've flown both and I totally disagree with your points. Heavier, yes, but slower and less punch, no way. Their handling was actually quite similar thanks to FBL, the only real noticable difference was that the trex would bog ALOT less.
youturnjason is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-07-2012, 09:04 PM   #65 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by youturnjason View Post
I think you missed my point. I'm saying until people look at blade helis as a viable platform to install gear on, they are always going to be seen as "toys".
I have to agree with you there. When I was looking at getting into the heli hobby I wanted something cheap and easy to fix that I could learn on. I bought the mSRX as a training toy and that is what I still see it as. Same with the Nano CP, it is a toy in my eyes because of who makes it. I am saving for a Compass Atom 500 because, based on the company's rep, it is a true performer, quite the opposite of a toy. When I saw that Blade made a 450x and 300X I looked at them with a smug mindset telling myself that if I was 13 that would be what I would buy. To be honest this forum is where I get all my opinions and info from so I say I'm a prime example of being "raised" to see Blade as a toy, something to get myself into the hobby with. If I am being trained from my heli infancy to see Blade as a toy and other companies as "real" helis then Blade has a huge uphill battle with us. I don't really think sponsoring a pro pilot is the best way because I never ever use them as examples because they follow the dollar so I think Blade might be smart to sell their packages as a kit instead of BNF because people seem to take kit helis much more seriously than a BNF or PNF. Heck, look at Align's kits. You can buy a Super Delux Ultra Combo that comes with everything but an RX but they STILL call it a kit. As soon as they call it a PNF or ARF model people will say "aww its noob chopper now." If Blade wants to get serious, its time to release a kit much like Align does and see where that takes them.
Old 09-07-2012, 09:22 PM   #66 (permalink)
Registered Users

Lol, the nano as a kit would probably fit inside a kinder surprise chocolate egg. Save money on packaging thats for sure.... Heck they can probably get em to roll out of gumball machines... Personally I couldnt care less if my nano comes in a rtf/bnf only... I'd like to see a compass atom 500 kit do flips over my bed....
Old 09-07-2012, 10:02 PM   #67 (permalink)
3vw
Registered Users

It's funny how quickly the discussion for the tiniest CP Heli to ever come out from HH turned into talking about 700 size heli's. ha ha
3vw is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-07-2012, 10:14 PM   #68 (permalink)
Blade Forum Support

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3vw View Post
It's funny how quickly the discussion for the tiniest CP Heli to ever come out from HH turned into talking about 700 size heli's. ha ha
Lol Yeap .

Be blessed
Isaac

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
tntburnett is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-07-2012, 10:33 PM   #69 (permalink)
Registered Users

I think HH is releasing helis for the "mass market". I think they hit the nail on the head on all there helis. The 300x can perform some 3d moves but its not meant for the hardcore 3d. Once guys start to really push the heli they find pitfalls. If you are into some HARDCORE 3d flying then buy a machine designed for that in mind. Think of it from a global bussiness point of view,
Old 09-07-2012, 10:35 PM   #70 (permalink)
3vw
Registered Users

Speaking of tiny... Isaac, do you know who was the shortest prophet in the Bible?

Knee-high-miah (aka. Nehemiah)
3vw is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-07-2012, 10:45 PM   #71 (permalink)
Registered Users

The release date has been moved to Early Oct according to Blade website......... Here we go, another hurry up and wait...
irishmatt18 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-07-2012, 10:50 PM   #72 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadVad View Post
They're asking $899 for the 500x. What price would they put on a 700x? $1,800? The Beastx is clearly selling the new "X" models. For someone to shell out that kind of cash on a "Blade heli" it would have to come totally pimped out. Don't get me wrong, I am a big fan of Blade heli's, but it seems like they are gonna have to do a lot to get out of that "toy heli" category and taken as a serious competitor in this big 3d heli market. I think they're headed in the right direction with the 500x.

For me, the 300x would be as large as I would go for a "Blade" heli..
Don't get me wrong, they make BAD A$$ micro helis and even their 450 class seems good but it is not nearly as good as TREX and other proven models. And with the first release mis-haps they have with their micros, lets just say I would hate to be the Beta tester with a Blade 600X.... Grip fly off and hit me in the nipple, I would be pissed.
Old 09-07-2012, 10:55 PM   #73 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by irishmatt18 View Post
The release date has been moved to Early Oct according to Blade website......... Here we go, another hurry up and wait...
The date has not moved. The Blade site has always stated early October.

David Eichstedt said that the helicopters are shipping this month. https://www.helifreak.com/showpost.p...9&postcount=18
Old 09-07-2012, 11:02 PM   #74 (permalink)
Registered Users

I saw that too, but I saw the Horizon website and thought it already changed. I hope it comes in less than three weeks.. I really do.
Old 09-08-2012, 12:41 AM   #75 (permalink)
Registered Users

Ive had a trex 450 and ill take my blade 450 fbl over it anyday. Im a huge blade fan, now when i go 500 it might be trex but only cause there is no arf eflite

Sent from my ZTE-Z990G using Tapatalk 2

Epoweredrc is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-08-2012, 01:05 AM   #76 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epoweredrc View Post
Ive had a trex 450 and ill take my blade 450 fbl over it anyday. Im a huge blade fan, now when i go 500 it might be trex but only cause there is no arf eflite

Sent from my ZTE-Z990G using Tapatalk 2
I agree! My trex 450 pro 3gx is way to expensive to fix, I can repair most major crashes on my blade 450 with just the cost of the tail on the align model. The align model is nice but obviously to much money to invest on a major crash. I really like the small birds they have come out with. The nano CPX will be a nice size to zip around the living room while the snow/rain/hurricane/tornado/asteroid is hindering outside flying! It's weight will make it a nice platform to practice maneuvers that people are not used to.
Old 09-08-2012, 09:20 AM   #77 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by irishmatt18 View Post
Not surprising really. I'm betting closer to Christmas. HH most likely tried to jump the gun when they learned their "secret" had gotten out over in China and had made it on to the web. So, they tried to rush it to market and realized that either they just couldn't do it...or it wasn't a good idea since they'd better test these things here in the states VERY WELL after the QC abortion of a release so recently and on customers' minds with the 130 X.
Old 09-08-2012, 09:22 AM   #78 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by upankatz View Post
Lol, the nano as a kit would probably fit inside a kinder surprise chocolate egg.
But those Kinder eggs are "illegal" in the US.
Old 09-08-2012, 10:09 AM   #79 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by scott_g View Post
But those Kinder eggs are "illegal" in the US.
Really....
Old 09-08-2012, 10:11 AM   #80 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by scott_g View Post
Not surprising really. I'm betting closer to Christmas. HH most likely tried to jump the gun when they learned their "secret" had gotten out over in China and had made it on to the web. So, they tried to rush it to market and realized that either they just couldn't do it...or it wasn't a good idea since they'd better test these things here in the states VERY WELL after the QC abortion of a release so recently and on customers' minds with the 130 X.
Again, the date has not been moved, now you are just speculating.

Quote:
Originally Posted by grovey View Post
The date has not moved. The Blade site has always stated early October.

David Eichstedt said that the helicopters are shipping this month. https://www.helifreak.com/showpost.p...9&postcount=18

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in