Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Compass Helicopters > Warp 360

Warp 360 Compass Warp 360 Model Helicopter Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-04-2013, 09:48 PM   #141 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by frito169 View Post
I have been using Turnigy Nanotech 45/90 C batteries 1300 MAH they don't CG but they perform excellent. They come down very cool the motor comes down cool I'm running it 3300 rpm's. Liking it now that its running well.
I have the same battery and my nano tech start to puff after 10 flights.

also last only 5 minutes in a 70% throttle curve until 3.7 volts per cel.... hot after flight.

then i started to use a gens ace 1200mah 20C. More power, cooler and most interesting part: amazing 8 minutes until 3,68v per cel.

I wish i could find more of theses gens ace.
w4llet is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-05-2013, 11:38 PM   #142 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by corrosionate View Post
I tried turnigy nano tech 6s packs for my protos and my trex 550, i think theyre all 30 or 35c and they all puff like crazy, so i quit using them. The ones on the protos would come down scolding hot. I switched to gens ace and they come down cool with no puffing. I see a lot of folks having good luck with them, but somehing about them didnt work for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk. Please excuse spelling and/or grammar issues. My thumbs are huge from all this RC flying.
same here...
Old 04-21-2013, 07:33 AM   #143 (permalink)
Registered Users

It seems that all Nanotech's capacity to be over rated.
Old 04-21-2013, 09:47 AM   #144 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Warp 360 6s Battery choice:(sticky plz)

well battery capacity is ok. i have been put more juice back than announced, when fully depleted. 2200 = 2250. 3000=3080mah and so goes on.....

problem is discharge rate. i like to call the discharge HATE on those lipos. rofl

it cant sustein the minimum discharge rate announced.

a 35c 2200 battery should sustein over 60a continuous... thats a lie. they are puffing even using half C.

i love photography. in that area there is a rule called 1/3, to frame pictures

since i have apply a photography concept my nanotechs stop to puff.

rofl

so, in a 2200 35c lipo i dont pull over 20a anymore....

the bottom of line... those batteries are all in planes, since helis are power hungry

my problems ended after start to using the gens ace and pulse green batteries..

cheerz

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Old 04-21-2013, 06:56 PM   #145 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by w4llet View Post

a 35c 2200 battery should sustein over 60a continuous... thats a lie. they are puffing even using half C.
Very true. I've been using 4 Nano-tech 1300mAh 6s in Align 450Pro for 20-30 flights. As I started to use them in Warp they started to puff. Gens Ace 1200mAh work ok.
Vovets is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-21-2013, 07:09 PM   #146 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Using Pulse 1350 with no canopy the back strap is around the battery at an angle I add a third strap through the nose to hold it. They have lots of punch at 16t wide open I haven't tried the governor on 17t. Cells are not perfectly balanced 3.79 - 3.83 upon arrival and are coming down the same after a balanced flight. I do like the packs ok but wish they were a bit bigger
Old 04-22-2013, 05:26 PM   #147 (permalink)
Registered Users

My pulse packs balance perfectly fine, they are a perfect fit.
waxman is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-22-2013, 05:40 PM   #148 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by w4llet View Post
well battery capacity is ok. i have been put more juice back than announced, when fully depleted. 2200 = 2250. 3000=3080mah and so goes on.....

problem is discharge rate. i like to call the discharge HATE on those lipos. rofl

i love photography. in that area there is a rule called 1/3, to frame pictures

since i have apply a photography concept my nanotechs stop to puff.

rofl

so, in a 2200 35c lipo i dont pull over 20a anymore....

the bottom of line... those batteries are all in planes, since helis are power hungry

my problems ended after start to using the gens ace and pulse green batteries..

cheerz

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

C ratings are not the best thing to go by does anyone actually think that a Thunder power pack with a 65c ratting and a 130c burst can safely be discharged down to 20% in close to 40 seconds, the specs say it can be.

The problem with lipos is everything you do to them basically is destroying them at different rates, even just storing them, you push them hard they break sooner cheap packs that may be just 1 flight. I have seen people use TP packs and run them down in 2mins and pack has been very hot but has been fine, but there would be a limit to how many flights they will get like this.

I think voltage drop through flight is the most important thing, your battery has to be able to maintain above a certain voltage under load to keep governor performance constant, if you are planing on trying the max C rating from the pack you will never achieve this.
waxman is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-23-2013, 02:24 AM   #149 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by waxman View Post
My pulse packs balance perfectly fine, they are a perfect fit.
To be clear I was speaking without a canopy.. I got my canopy snug so I am happy now.. I am using the clip on the bottom of the canopy versus inside, just added a washer because it's bent the wrong way for that mounting. But the canopy fits perfectly snug with these packs now I am so happy it was such a simple thing to flip the clip. I am not unhappy with these packs to say the least boy when this things spools up to wide up on my YGE60 it is a seriously impressive thing on 16T. I have the governor to install via RPM sensor on Vbar just playing with no governor first to get a feel for that style. Wow what a nice feeling heli with this pack I hope to trade packs with others at the field soon to try those. Before you wonder I will try the YGE governor too to see which I like better between vbar, I have the Hobbywing sensor.

Warp is so awesome it even loves the wind
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ClipSide1.jpg
Views:	270
Size:	71.7 KB
ID:	414836  
Old 04-25-2013, 10:37 AM   #150 (permalink)
Registered Users

Sorry for asking here. Did anybody order batteries from onlyfinehelis.com? Are they good at support? Sent them couple of emails two days ago and still no reply...
Old 04-25-2013, 12:52 PM   #151 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vovets View Post
Sorry for asking here. Did anybody order batteries from onlyfinehelis.com? Are they good at support? Sent them couple of emails two days ago and still no reply...
I have ordered quite a few from them. Shipping was quick, but I'm not that far from them. I haven't had any issues with any of my orders that I've placed with them (blades, batteries, servos) so I haven't had the need to contact them for anything other than placing an order.
radu7 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-25-2013, 01:22 PM   #152 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I seen those packs I thought about trying them. The feel of the heli on the light end is very nice but I wonder what it would feel like sunk into the wind a little heavier..
Old 04-26-2013, 10:52 AM   #153 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Re: Warp 360 6s Battery choice:(sticky plz)

Has anyone run the TP 1800 packs? A little more weighty, but I don't mind a bit of weight in the grunty warp.

Old 04-30-2013, 08:44 AM   #154 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeliSmith View Post
To be clear I was speaking without a canopy.. I got my canopy snug so I am happy now.. I am using the clip on the bottom of the canopy versus inside, just added a washer because it's bent the wrong way for that mounting. But the canopy fits perfectly snug with these packs now I am so happy it was such a simple thing to flip the clip. I am not unhappy with these packs to say the least boy when this things spools up to wide up on my YGE60 it is a seriously impressive thing on 16T. I have the governor to install via RPM sensor on Vbar just playing with no governor first to get a feel for that style. Wow what a nice feeling heli with this pack I hope to trade packs with others at the field soon to try those. Before you wonder I will try the YGE governor too to see which I like better between vbar, I have the Hobbywing sensor.

Warp is so awesome it even loves the wind
Hmm you know you have the canopy-mount on wrong? It should be on the inside of the canopy, but you probably know this.

I'm using 40c 1200mah gens ace batteries, straight from the germany warehouse, I have 3 now and 2 are on the way, GREAT packs, I will keep flying these.
SandorV is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-30-2013, 02:28 PM   #155 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by SandorV View Post
Hmm you know you have the canopy-mount on wrong? It should be on the inside of the canopy, but you probably know this.

I'm using 40c 1200mah gens ace batteries, straight from the germany warehouse, I have 3 now and 2 are on the way, GREAT packs, I will keep flying these.
The 1400 40c gens are even better. I run the 1200s in my trex and 1400 on the warp. Got them from giant shark in the UK.

http://www.giantshark.co.uk/gens-140...-p-407899.html

.....And showing instock!!
Old 04-30-2013, 02:30 PM   #156 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by SandorV View Post
Yeah and my buddy called me up to say he's running the same batteries with the canopy clip in the correctly place.. LOL I will switch it around I must have missed something the first time I was having problems getting it all to work
Old 05-05-2013, 01:40 PM   #157 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vovets View Post
I have too. perfect experience and very quick notifications, shipping and delivery. I received the Giant Power 6S 22.2V 1500mAh 65C Dinogy Lipo Battery (LC-6S1500H) nicely packaged and in prestine condition.

-Mike
Old 05-05-2013, 02:14 PM   #158 (permalink)
Registered Users

I confirm that onlyfinehelis.com are good at support. They were moving to another location or something and that caused the delay in replying to my messages.
Old 05-05-2013, 03:16 PM   #159 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Yep, shannon @ onlyfinehelis is good. Giant Power packs are doing great for me too
RCHO Flying Field, Knightdale NC
lazor 22 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-09-2013, 04:45 PM   #160 (permalink)

My HF Map location

Just ordered up a couple of these Punch RC 6S 1500 mAh 65C packs.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in