Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Hitec Radios

Hitec Radios Hitec Radios Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-30-2011, 06:24 PM   #21 (permalink)
Registered Users

No, no SD card. The only way to backup model memory on an A9 is out of the trainer port... either into another A9, or into a PC via the HPP-22 interface adapter. It's klunky but it gets the job done.

I could care less about SD, but USB interface with storage and HID would have been the ultimate.

xspare is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-02-2011, 01:39 PM   #22 (permalink)
Registered Users

You are kidding right, an SD card storage system world be really excellent, easy, cheap and they work, no need to have a second A9 or PC/laptop/Mac, they do work with Macs don't they?
petedee is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-03-2011, 05:33 PM   #23 (permalink)
Registered Users

Um, no, I'm definitely not kidding. I've got better things to do than shuffle the latest chiclet into the latest N-in-1 card reader, and 30 model memories is fine for the majority of the market.

HiTec's HPP-22 USB adapter is clunky but it supports firmware updates for receivers as well, and it works just fine with Macs since they have USB... just install a Windows and you're off...

Really, how much RC gear comes with native support for OSX? Not my Aurora A9 and receivers;not my EagleTree eLogger, guardian, OSD pro, or EagleEyes diversity receiver; not my Castle ESCs; not my HobbyWing ESCs; and not my Phoenix sim. The RC market is too small for companies to waste resources supporting the 1% of potential customers who choose not to use bootcamp or VirtualBox to run Windows on their Mac.

The A9 is just one example where a USB mass storage profile would make life easier for folks with religious views on operating systems. The addition of an HID game controller profile would just be icing on the cake for those who might like to use it with X-Plane, on Macs or PCs.

xspare is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-08-2015, 08:36 AM   #24 (permalink)
Registered Users

Just posting a follow up. 4 years later and the 9 is still going strong with no issues. I've since upgraded to the 9X and loving it. Put a DSMX module in the 9 for my blade heli's
Old 03-10-2015, 06:04 AM   #25 (permalink)
Registered Users

Wish I felt the same. Hitec SBUS and spartan is a total disaster. Do not use together, for now.
Old 03-10-2015, 07:00 AM   #26 (permalink)
Registered Users

Oh really? I haven't tested the SL yet on anything. I'll probably try it first on my AccuRC sim since that supports sbus. Then maybe on a heli the next time I feel like rewiring one.
Old 03-10-2015, 07:10 AM   #27 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.T. View Post
"a training cable on another brand radio"
When setting up or testing any EP model, the throttle lock should be "On" motor should be unplugged or pinion removed to prevent accidental power up.
Fixed it for you
TORCHS member, AMA 64878, Citizen 690
Mattinfla is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-23-2015, 05:19 PM   #28 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by oliver1071 View Post
Put a DSMX module in the 9 for my blade heli's
I didn't know you could do that, I knew you could put in different modules but never thought you could use different brands stuff like Spectrum modules. (I assume Orange)

Thanks
Old 03-23-2015, 05:38 PM   #29 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tesla View Post
I didn't know you could do that, I knew you could put in different modules but never thought you could use different brands stuff like Spectrum modules. (I assume Orange)

Thanks
Nothing retail but Hammer22 has been making some great dsm2/dsmx modules for the Aurora 9 for years now. http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1755578
Very clean upgrade for the A9 just pop it in and go no modification needed. I love it for my micros.
I was actually thinking of ordering a spare incase he ever stops making them.
Old 03-23-2015, 05:49 PM   #30 (permalink)
Registered Users

Here's the A9 with Hammer's module.
I put the grommet in the top just to cover the hole that wasn't included.

Last edited by oliver1071; 03-23-2015 at 08:04 PM..
oliver1071 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in