Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Simulators Support > Reflex Flight Sim

Reflex Flight Sim Reflex Simulator Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-14-2009, 11:51 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Downloads for Reflex 5.05...

I received 5.05 as a replacement for 5.04 after my dongle was sent back for repair/replacement. I've not had much success downloading the sim models out on the web into 5.05. It doesn't seem to work like it did on 5.04. I used to simply direct the download to the file folders for the heli brands represented, and created folders named for the ones that weren't originally there. When I tried downloading the T-Rex 500 from rc.sim-download.de last night, I eventually was able to import it to the model editor and from there place it in the folder for Align (5.05 as two T-Rex 450's, but no Align, or for that matter, any current nitro 50's). I'd really appreciate any help available for doing this...

Thanks.
Advertisement

Old 07-15-2009, 04:32 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

On XP Heli models are stored at
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\REFLEX\Simulator\Heli

Airplanes at
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\REFLEX\Simulator\Flugzeug (Airplane)

Vista uses other path settings, but \Heli and \Flugzeug should be the same.

For an ALIGN heli create the ALIGN folder within the Heli folder. Put the two essential model files (all reflex models consist of <modelparameterfile>.par and <modelvisualfile>.mod file) into the ALIGN folder. Open the <modelparameterfile>.par file with notepad. (The .par is an ASCII text file). Somewhere near to the end you find two lines that look like a directory path.

E.g. the T-REX 450SE V2.PAR contains:

ALIGN\T-REX 450SE V2 <this points to the <modelvisualfile>.mod (T-REX 450SE V2.mod)>
Sound Library\450 Electric.rms <this points to the model sound, eighter library or custom sound>

Change the two path lines to represent your configuration. Restart Reflex. Your models should be visible in the model selection. If the preview does not appear, go into your models folder and delete the preview file. It will be regenerated by reflex nxt time you open the model selection.

One thing to mention regarding renaming and reorganizing folders / file names within the reflex structure:
If you plan to use the multiplayer feature (fly with other pilots connected to the internet) you should not rename / reorganize folder structure of downloaded models. Instead leave it there where the installer (if available)copies it or open the .par and see the path lines to know where to put the model. The reason is the following:
If you connect with an other pilot, reflex tries to find the model that other pilot uses at the same location where it is stored on the other pilots computer. If he has the model at \Heli\ALIGN\T-REX 450SE V2.mod you must have your model at Heli\ALIGN\T-REX 450SE V2.mod otherwise you will see a white dummy model instead of the real model that other pilot uses.

Hope this helps

Andre
Rexist is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in