Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Kasama Helicopters and Upgrades

Kasama Helicopters and Upgrades Kasama Srimok 90 Helicopters and Upgrades Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-29-2016, 11:19 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Kasama Cyber Head

I see some kasama heli setup says : Kasama Cyber Head. Is this different head than head in SRIMOK 90E Faifa Kit ?

Nikki
Advertisement

Old 04-29-2016, 07:05 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

The cyber head is a flybarless head using grips with mixer arms like the flybarred head. I think it is the stock head that comes with the Faifa.

The other head is the 'lowrider' head which has a different headblock and main shaft to bring the rotordisc a bit lower towards the heli body.

The cyber head uses a separate swash driver and the lowrider has swash driver arms that attach to the headblock.
HD Cell 750, RJX Vector, TDR, TDSF, Kasama Dune and Faifa, Minicopter Triabolo 700, Beam Avantgarde, JR E8 leggero, Suzi Laos, Shape 9, Shape S8, Rave 450, TRex 500, Raptor E700, Compass Warp, Steam 700, Spirit, Spartan, Jeti.
trillian is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-30-2016, 03:06 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Trillian is correct, though the head block is the same, it's just the shaft that drops the head about 19mm
Old 04-30-2016, 04:25 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by wadders248 View Post
Trillian is correct, though the head block is the same, it's just the shaft that drops the head about 19mm

You're right, I thought the headblock was different but comparing them it's the same, just that the swash driver mounts onto the headblock to create more space underneath it.
HD Cell 750, RJX Vector, TDR, TDSF, Kasama Dune and Faifa, Minicopter Triabolo 700, Beam Avantgarde, JR E8 leggero, Suzi Laos, Shape 9, Shape S8, Rave 450, TRex 500, Raptor E700, Compass Warp, Steam 700, Spirit, Spartan, Jeti.
Old 04-30-2016, 04:56 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Thanks guys...im reasearching for my next heli project...6s low headspeed.. Currently looking at Kasama, logo, Protos, compass...etc

I like the Kasama quality and the light frame...im living 3 hours from Kasama factory so i should probably go for a kasama. And i got a good price on the current model becouse there is a new comming soon..

I want to calculate my setups headspeed, how mant teeths on kasama 90e maingear? and what pinion is in the kit?

Nikki
Old 04-30-2016, 05:06 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by trillian View Post
The cyber head is a flybarless head using grips with mixer arms like the flybarred head.
Any Idea why they have done it like this?
James Recard is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-30-2016, 05:27 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by K-rash View Post
Any Idea why they have done it like this?
Just a guess would be in order to keep the same grips, arms and mixers. JR also did this with some of their Flybarless heads.

But I have seen a couple Kasama heads where someone just removed the mixer arms and attached a long ball link stalk to the grip arm.
Old 04-30-2016, 05:41 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

The Faifa has a few things going for it. First of all it's very light. Mine weighs just under 3.4kg without LiPos. Mine is a 12s low -ish headspeed setup with an 11 tooth pinion (main gear is 120 teeth) and 420KV motor, so my takeoff/hover rpm is about 1000 and idle-1 is about 1300. With 2X 4000mah packs it is still under 4.8kg (even lighter with Zippy Compact packs)

It also allows a very good pitch range and massive tail pitch range.

Although mine is 12s, I can actually fly it using a pair of very small packs placed side by side on the top battery tray. I can get 6 minutes flight time on a pair of 2600mah packs! When I first tried this it seemed crazy because those were the packs I was using on 600s. I couldn't believe they actually fit AND it has enough power to fly! Collective management is more important because there's less power in reserve with such small packs but it works suprisingly well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikki5 View Post
Thanks guys...im reasearching for my next heli project...6s low headspeed.. Currently looking at Kasama, logo, Protos, compass...etc

I like the Kasama quality and the light frame...im living 3 hours from Kasama factory so i should probably go for a kasama. And i got a good price on the current model becouse there is a new comming soon..

I want to calculate my setups headspeed, how mant teeths on kasama 90e maingear? and what pinion is in the kit?

Nikki
Old 04-30-2016, 06:19 AM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Thats a nice weight... Im using 2 x 6s 3000 front mounted to in my 600 and 700. Do you think 2 x my packs would fit in top/front of Kasama Faifa?(Dimensions: 138x44x39mm)

6 minutes with 2 packs? whats your voltage per cell then? With my 6s, 2 x 3000 packs ( in parallel) i fly 19 minutes with my 600 with 3.6 v left per cell

Nikki
Old 04-30-2016, 06:59 AM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

Yes, I've run two 3000 on the nose before
Old 04-30-2016, 10:26 AM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

I don't remember what that took them down to, I just set what I thought was a safe amount on the timer. I have flown with two Gens Ace 3300 packs that I think are about that size. It's a little nose heavy with the 3300s but they fit fine.

I'm sure I could go longer if I was just trying for max fight times but I was flying my normal headspeed and the usual aerobatic stuff I do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikki5 View Post
Thats a nice weight... Im using 2 x 6s 3000 front mounted to in my 600 and 700. Do you think 2 x my packs would fit in top/front of Kasama Faifa?(Dimensions: 138x44x39mm)

6 minutes with 2 packs? whats your voltage per cell then? With my 6s, 2 x 3000 packs ( in parallel) i fly 19 minutes with my 600 with 3.6 v left per cell

Nikki

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in