Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Electric Micro/Mini Helicopters > Zoom/Shogun 400

Zoom/Shogun 400 Electric - Zoom - Shogun 400 Specific Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-24-2005, 05:10 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Zoom/shogun 400 with axi 2208/20 success!! With Video!

Hey,
Finally got my axi 2208/20 installed into my Zap 400 today. It is fitted with a 17t pinion. I did have to cut the frame a bit and drill new mounting holes. also had to make spacers so that the pinion would ride below the level of the main gear as not to touch the drive belt.

OK, my first impression was the noise, or lack of it!!! I could not beleive how quite this was compared to my Himax 4200. It also had a very silky smooth sound which i loved.

What about power? Well, i had more reserve power then i would have ever needed. The motor did not bog no mater how much pitch i gave. I adjusted my pitch curves as i like a sensitive collective control, and I beleive that if i gave it full collective stick, my heli would be a dot in the sky in about 2 seconds!!! I LOVE IT!!!

OK, here is the other 'cool' bit - the motor after 15 minutes flight on a 1250mah pack (YES 15 min on only 1250mah, with power still left) was barely warm. The battery was just warm also. I just could not beleive getting this amount of run time on a small pack!!

I wish i had some testing equiptment like techometer and also something to measure the amp draw, but considering the barly warm battery and long flight time, it cant be that high an amp draw?

Anyhow here are some pictures from today

Zap400 video
http://homepage.ntlworld.com/wayne.k...20editdivx.avi

the video is compressed with mp3 and divx

Cheers,
waynekinney is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-30-2005, 03:16 AM   #2 (permalink)

looks good. I will put my video on forum later..Hehe
timsong is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in