Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Compass Helicopters > Warp 360

Warp 360 Compass Warp 360 Model Helicopter Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-13-2013, 10:45 AM   #41 (permalink)
Registered Users

I had an ugly crash the other week with it ... it cost me a boom, tail hub, main blades, and two servo gear sets.
Jeff_Barrett is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-13-2013, 12:10 PM   #42 (permalink)
Registered Users

It is different to work on, not difficult. There are things that it took me awhile to figure out how to do efficiently, and a lot of "duh" moments when I figured them out. I have to say it is definitely built like a tank though. I literally put my Warp in 3 times before having to replace any parts. This includes the blades. Once in sideways, once in skids first, and the last one that finally did in blades, main hub, boom, and 1 set of servo gears was inverted. This is the most bulletproof 450 on the market. Setup can be a PITA and tedious, but its not difficult and follows (IMHO) a very logical thought process.

Saje Marvin - Citizen 125
Raz0rSh4rp is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-13-2013, 02:44 PM   #43 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarpilot View Post
I remain thankful after reading these countless threads of dismay that I have not purchased this heli....

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2
It's a good heli. I don't think that there is a model out there that is perfect - I keep trying to find it though! Mostly, the more you work on a model, the more you understand it's requirements - these days I can look over a 130x, rotate the blades and determine if its likely to fly!

I like that the 360 design carries nothing additional but conscious that in so doing it might miss something it needs. As the thread starter, the can swap highlighted (for me) an area that could be improved. The answer was Compass had already had a rethink about the guide alignment and have developed an improved 'washer'. This clearly shows that Compass do not throw it out there and move on. The design is tweaked and improved.

In the 'good old days', there was no forum for debate. There was no way of informing Hirobo that the 505 pitch up mechanism didn't work at all. You had to find you're own way to fix this crap (mine was to order the 707 pitch up mechanism). We should be glad that these days we can provide feedback and that many manufactures are keen to address and improve.

Whilst I too would like perfection from the beginning, there isn't a product that's been invented that could be improved.

I love my Warp 360 - it defiantly needs bigger skids though, and the thicker boom, oh, and an ikon rather than my beastx and those improved washers, then ill look to see if its perfect yet
Old 05-13-2013, 02:59 PM   #44 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Re: Belt Tensioner Assembly

The 7HV is pretty much perfect as is the Atom....

Old 05-13-2013, 03:01 PM   #45 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarpilot View Post
The 7HV is pretty much perfect as is the Atom....

I have to agree. If I could only have just one, it's gotta be the 7HV.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk 2
Old 05-13-2013, 03:03 PM   #46 (permalink)
Registered Users

I need perfect in a 450 size.. Close so close
Old 05-13-2013, 03:06 PM   #47 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Any updates on the availability of those improvements? I want a set.
Old 05-13-2013, 04:19 PM   #48 (permalink)

My HF Map location

I know some guys have been doing this since early on, but I just made the switch and tried it out today........that is running without the counter bearing. It's actually still in there, but I just flipped the tensioner pulley block over so the counter bearing is in front.

The reason I did this was so I could run the tensioner pulley block all the way to the rear of the slots, essentially making it a fixed mount. With that locked down, I then slid the motor mount to the rear to adjust tension on the main belt. From there all you do is adjust the position of the tail boom to set tail belt tension.

Not sure if this method will work with the new 1-piece washers though.
Old 05-14-2013, 06:46 PM   #49 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I found the building of my warp to be child's play. Easy to build, easy to maintain. Built like a tank, and by far the best heli i have flown. All i have had to do with mine since new (80 flights), is change the tail bearings. I'll be lining up for the new 6HV when it comes out.
weelee is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-14-2013, 07:01 PM   #50 (permalink)
Registered Users

"There was no way of informing Hirobo that the 505 pitch up mechanism didn't work at all. You had to find you're own way to fix this crap (mine was to order the 707 pitch up mechanism)."

An interesting and accurate comment. I set up several 505's and owned a 707 and several 808's. I could not agree more!

If I recall, correctly, the swashplate on the Falcon Mk I, Mk II, and 505, would change slightly, in both roll and pitch (elevator), when the collective was moved.
Old 05-14-2013, 07:41 PM   #51 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob O View Post
..that is running without the counter bearing. It's actually still in there, but I just flipped the tensioner pulley block over so the counter bearing is in front.
Any chance you can post a pic Bob?
Old 05-14-2013, 08:40 PM   #52 (permalink)

My HF Map location

Sure, I'll try to grab some later tonight.
Old 05-14-2013, 10:13 PM   #53 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Very kind of you. No rush Bob. Thanks.
Old 05-15-2013, 12:35 AM   #54 (permalink)

My HF Map location

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0264[1].JPG
Views:	912
Size:	148.9 KB
ID:	420415   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0266[1].JPG
Views:	852
Size:	127.1 KB
ID:	420416  
Old 05-15-2013, 05:16 PM   #55 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I saved you pics to my "Warp" folder and forgot to thank you...

Thank you Bob, much appreciated
Old 05-16-2013, 12:53 PM   #56 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ah Clem View Post
"There was no way of informing Hirobo that the 505 pitch up mechanism didn't work at all. You had to find you're own way to fix this crap (mine was to order the 707 pitch up mechanism)."

An interesting and accurate comment. I set up several 505's and owned a 707 and several 808's. I could not agree more!

If I recall, correctly, the swashplate on the Falcon Mk I, Mk II, and 505, would change slightly, in both roll and pitch (elevator), when the collective was moved.
Lol yes. There was just a simple arm that moved the swash up and down but as the other servos and links were fixed, the swash tilted. I did initially fly it like this, but there was a lot of stick correction (you has to hold the corrections in them days) so I added the 707 mech to resolve. Although I was a bit derogatory in my statement, this was a great heli from the days when heli's bounced!
Old 05-17-2013, 10:14 AM   #57 (permalink)
Registered Users

I have the 1st generation kit and was hesitant to fly it based on the comments I saw. In fact I did not maiden it for 6 months.

The kit is easy to build, BUT there is a caveat and that is it is not for the first time builder.

You can "build" it sure, but if you have not had prior experience you will not know what to check for. The subtle alignments or the smooth fittings, etc all need to be addressed as they should in any heli.

The gear ratio on the tail is quite high making for a VERY fast tail rpm. This seems to be a source of many issues. Any slight miss alignments magnify vibrations.

For me the issue was the stock tail. I should have replaced it with another brand. I read many posts about the blade grip root hub breaking and ejecting the tail. I just figured people had it too tight. The tails on ALL my helis are very floppy. Anyways my tail broke too and you know the rest of the story.

As for performance the warp has been absolutely a joy to fly. I am pulling of 3d manouvers so fast that the radio cant even send signals fast enough

The power to weight ratio is fantastic for me. I am able to do manouvers that I cant do on my bigger helis without bogging the head.

The irony here really is that the solid head design which is truly revolutionary is the part of the heli that has given NO ONE any issues at all!

The tail which has been done 1 zillion times over with nothing really new is the culprit.

**When you start to be in complete control reflexes are not a requirement.**
s0laris is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-17-2013, 11:17 AM   #58 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by s0laris View Post
I have the 1st generation kit ....
This post speaks to me! Half of it I have already experienced, the other half addresses my expecations. Also, because of this post I may not wait on the Hawk Tail Rotor as initially intended (all ready got the CNC tail gear unit). As somoeone else pointed out, $100 bucks (blades, box, rotor) for tail mods before even a maiden fligth is a bordering on ridiculous. I wish they did the grip assembly for the 4mm shaft.

Thanks for the post.
Old 05-17-2013, 12:22 PM   #59 (permalink)

My HF Map location

The stock tail is fine with the thick boom and metal control lever mount. I've been running the stock tail up until yesterday's crash.

These Hawk-RC upgrades seem very nice, but they aren't necessary.
Old 05-17-2013, 12:29 PM   #60 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob O View Post
These Hawk-RC upgrades seem very nice, but they aren't necessary.
This.

They are optional parts that enhance the stock kit. They are not fixes. Stock parts work every bit as good.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk 2

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in