Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Futaba Radios and Electronics

Futaba Radios and Electronics Futaba Radios, Gyros, Servos, Etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-15-2015, 11:48 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default 14SG throttle cut, error or improvemet

I am new to the 14SG coming from a 7C. Most of what I see are improvements or more features but the throttle cut function has me wondering. Both the 7C and 14 SG inhibit throttle cut above a certain point. This is obviously to prevent activating it by accidental switch movement while flying. The difference comes in what happens when you flip the switch in the inhibit zone then move the throttle back down to the active zone. If you flip TC on in the inhibit zone then move down into the active zone the 7C will not switch it on until you flip the switch back off then on again while the14SG will go ahead and go into throttle cut as soon as you lower the throttle into the active zone. I think the 14 SG should act like the 7C in this case. If you bump the switch by accident you will probably be surprised when you lower the throttle and the 14SG then shuts your motor off. I don't like the idea of the 14SG going into cut on its own without a positive switch movement by the user at the time TC is activated. Was it a mistake for it to be this way or did they change it for a reason?
Of course the same applies when going from off to on in the inhibit zone but this would only apply to electrics as a nitro isn't coming back on after it shuts off.

Last edited by brianapp; 07-15-2015 at 09:25 PM..
brianapp is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-16-2015, 06:43 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

You can enable throttle cut in only normal mode. This would eliminate any concern with shutting the engine off accidently in flight at low throttle.
dchekas is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in