Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Kontronik Drives

Kontronik Drives Jazz and Jive ESC's and other Kontronik equipment support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-02-2014, 12:31 PM   #21 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Ok.
Thanks
Adamo
adamo is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-02-2014, 12:40 PM   #22 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wh1teAfr1can View Post
it isnt a buffer pack it is a backup and you would run into the same issues as before because the optigiard doesn't apply power til it sees a voltage and sets itself to 0.5 below it and then sees the voltage drop below it. It does not apply any power upon start up so cant be used to initialize FBL system.
Actually the Optigaurd gets confused with the voltage fluctuations of the Pro BEC, so not at all suitable as a backup device when you run a JivePro.
Old hand at Planks
Peter
Vinger is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-02-2014, 03:10 PM   #23 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinger View Post
Actually the Optigaurd gets confused with the voltage fluctuations of the Pro BEC, so not at all suitable as a backup device when you run a JivePro.
Are the becs in all the jive pros the same?

My bec appears to work fine with the opti guard, set the voltage to 8v drops to 7.5v when I was testing it on the bench.

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk
Old 12-02-2014, 03:45 PM   #24 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil777 View Post
Are the becs in all the jive pros the same?

My bec appears to work fine with the opti guard, set the voltage to 8v drops to 7.5v when I was testing it on the bench.

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk
The root cause of the problem is amp draw at start up. the bec will get into a reboot loop which causes the voltage to dive, and not initializing. It can be caused by certain fbl units as well as power hungry servos.
Old 12-04-2014, 10:27 PM   #25 (permalink)
Registered Users

I just replaced my TORQ servos wirh new BK servo bls-8005hv and bls-8001hv. vbar and pro120 esc armed wright away every time. bench tested about 10 times.
I think the issue is the TORQ servos draw to many amps at start up.
Thank you for all the help.
Adam
Old 12-05-2014, 12:06 AM   #26 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Interesting, not really load dependant.

https://www.helifreak.com/showthread...79#post6228279
Old hand at Planks
Peter
Vinger is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-09-2014, 01:44 PM   #27 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamo View Post
I just replaced my TORQ servos wirh new BK servo bls-8005hv and bls-8001hv. vbar and pro120 esc armed wright away every time. bench tested about 10 times.
I think the issue is the TORQ servos draw to many amps at start up.
Thank you for all the help.
Adam
What is your BEC voltage set at?
Old 12-09-2014, 10:33 PM   #28 (permalink)
Registered Users

8v
Old 01-02-2015, 07:34 AM   #29 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hey Guys,
I recently sold someone a jive pro 120 that was sort of a store demo that I bought. It was used by an employee and top pilot using futaba servos and vbar. I sold the jive pro soon after buying it as I scrapped my new build. So I never used the unit.

The new owner is having lots of grief with the jive pro, and I was hoping maybe someone could give a few ideas. Of course ive read the thread and it seems that a buffer pack may help the issue, but I guess I wanted to see how people are finding them now and whether things have been running smoothly of late.

His setup is the following:

“My setup was the JivePro, master to the Bavarian Demon 3sx, slave to the Futaba 7008sb receiver (was originally to the fbl, but after reading it was suggested to try going to the receiver), BK 7001 cyclic and Futaba 276 tail. No buffer pack, pretty standard setup. Now working well with the PowerJive.

The amp draw mentioned in the link you sent me could be the reason for the long boot up times of the fbl, but not sure if it explains the cyclic servo twitching/jumping once spooling up. Perhaps there is a fault with the BEC of this particular JivePro, not giving consistent current.

And now after a few flights it has the single blinking led after battery connection - which the manual says send the unit to Kontronik.”

Any advice would be greatly appreciated
Thanks
len
arieli25 is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-02-2015, 10:13 AM   #30 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by arieli25 View Post
Hey Guys,
I recently sold someone a jive pro 120 that was sort of a store demo that I bought. It was used by an employee and top pilot using futaba servos and vbar. I sold the jive pro soon after buying it as I scrapped my new build. So I never used the unit.

The new owner is having lots of grief with the jive pro, and I was hoping maybe someone could give a few ideas. Of course ive read the thread and it seems that a buffer pack may help the issue, but I guess I wanted to see how people are finding them now and whether things have been running smoothly of late.

His setup is the following:

“My setup was the JivePro, master to the Bavarian Demon 3sx, slave to the Futaba 7008sb receiver (was originally to the fbl, but after reading it was suggested to try going to the receiver), BK 7001 cyclic and Futaba 276 tail. No buffer pack, pretty standard setup. Now working well with the PowerJive.

The amp draw mentioned in the link you sent me could be the reason for the long boot up times of the fbl, but not sure if it explains the cyclic servo twitching/jumping once spooling up. Perhaps there is a fault with the BEC of this particular JivePro, not giving consistent current.

And now after a few flights it has the single blinking led after battery connection - which the manual says send the unit to Kontronik.”

Any advice would be greatly appreciated
Thanks
len
What is the version number on the label?
Old 01-02-2015, 10:52 AM   #31 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wh1teAfr1can View Post
What is the version number on the label?
I didnt realize there was a version number on the label of the jive pro. This is a pic from when i put it up for sale.
But Im not sure if its been updated to V1.4.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0135.jpg
Views:	134
Size:	45.7 KB
ID:	559964  

Last edited by arieli25; 01-02-2015 at 05:56 PM..
arieli25 is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in