Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Walkera Helicopters > 4G3

4G3 Walkera 4G3 Helicopter Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-29-2010, 01:10 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Question 4G3 or 4#6S with 3-Axis ?

What do you guys think would be a better choice in general - 4#6S with the 3-Axis Gyro system (which suppose to make it super stable) OR 4G3 (which can do some 3D)? Honestly, I was thinking I already I have a MSR and Lama 3 for "regular flying" so maybe the 4G3 would be something "different"?

Voice your opinions guys! Thanks.
momofx is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-29-2010, 06:12 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Stay away from the 4G3 if you already don't have it.
It is very difficult to set up (I don't even know how feasible it is to install a 3 axis in it)
I'm assuming you would have to go brushless on it and that's a PITA in it's self.
Old 10-29-2010, 08:10 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

someone on another forum posted his 4g3 FBL that was a month ago I think. It's preety good. It can be done. I have 2x 4g3s I love em the way they are.
Old 10-29-2010, 10:08 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Ok the score so far : 4G3 Good : 1 4G3 Bad : 1

lol
Old 10-29-2010, 11:52 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

IMO the 4G3 had it's time, it is now discontinued. If you are a sucker for punishment go for it.
Sure you could do alot with it, the question is do you really want to? There are so many other better ways to spend your time. (IMO always)
You will always find some "die hard fans" out there that still swear by it, just like in anything else.( and I don't blame them, they sure put their time in it)
Last you really want to get a better picture of the 4G3? Read the 4G3 forums and decide for yourself!
Cheers!
Old 10-30-2010, 12:49 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Ok, instead of making a new thread, I would first try and ask in this one :

What about the 4G6S with 3-Axis compared to these two?
Old 10-30-2010, 01:13 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by momofx View Post
Ok, instead of making a new thread, I would first try and ask in this one :

What about the 4G6S with 3-Axis compared to these two?
Dude, don't compare. You obviously haven't done your research. They are totally different birds. You need to find out what flying requirements you will need, then ask John, and he will recommend you to something more suitable for you. Just like John stated, this bird is not for everyone. People had a hard time with this bird. To me, it's perfect. It's like those people who fly scale, I see no point to it, but it's perfect for them. Do you know what I mean. Now I'm not saying the 4g3 is sloow like scale flying, it's the complete opposite. I highly suggest you find out within yourself what you want from a bird. What you want to be able to do with it. Then come back here and ask John, and he will recommend a bird for you. Who knows he might recommend a blade mcx, it all depends on what you tell John, on what you want. All the best, and good luck!
Old 10-30-2010, 08:21 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitchp View Post
Dude, don't compare. You obviously haven't done your research. They are totally different birds. You need to find out what flying requirements you will need, then ask John, and he will recommend you to something more suitable for you. Just like John stated, this bird is not for everyone. People had a hard time with this bird. To me, it's perfect. It's like those people who fly scale, I see no point to it, but it's perfect for them. Do you know what I mean. Now I'm not saying the 4g3 is sloow like scale flying, it's the complete opposite. I highly suggest you find out within yourself what you want from a bird. What you want to be able to do with it. Then come back here and ask John, and he will recommend a bird for you. Who knows he might recommend a blade mcx, it all depends on what you tell John, on what you want. All the best, and good luck!
Ehh did you look at my SIGNATURE, dude? - btw, I got like 8 MCX's sitting in my storage closet besides the one I own - gonna use em as xmas presents I think haha.

You might be wondering why I want another heli....well, I just like trying / testing / messing with different stuff lol. Btw, your john already stated that his view on the 4g3 is that he would not recommend it.
Old 10-30-2010, 08:45 AM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by momofx View Post
You might be wondering why I want another heli....well, I just like trying / testing / messing with different stuff lol.t.
I was wrong about you then. I take that back. The 4g3 is most likely for you. . That is exactly the type of pilot, this bird requires. If you have a look and search the rcgroups forum, you will find countless souls, who have crashed and burned with this heli. It just wasn't for them. It's an eclictic heli. If you put in the time, patience and understanding, you will love the 4g3. Happy Flyin!
Old 10-30-2010, 04:44 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitchp View Post
I was wrong about you then. I take that back. The 4g3 is most likely for you. . That is exactly the type of pilot, this bird requires. If you have a look and search the rcgroups forum, you will find countless souls, who have crashed and burned with this heli. It just wasn't for them. It's an eclictic heli. If you put in the time, patience and understanding, you will love the 4g3. Happy Flyin!

Hey you make me feel bad when you do so I am doing it right back at ya lol - just kiddin. Anyways, after lookin at many videos and taking your advice and doing MORE research on it, I am probably better off with the 4G6S. It can do everything my 4#6S can do PLUS 3D flight. The 4g3 has many mixed opinions it seems and the 4g6s is mostly great opinions.

Personally I am past hovering, doing circles, backwards flight, etc. etc. on my smaller heli's but I still love doing it (thats whats great about this hobby) so I think that the 4G6S paired with a 2802 Pro tx would be good for me and its so much more less "mind bending" on a smaller heli doing "tricks" etc. especially after you fly some big heli's
Old 12-24-2010, 10:29 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I personally love the 4G3 myself.... just something about I cant put my finger on it. As far as setting it up goes I think its pretty dang easy myself as long as you have a good radio (I use the 2801 pro) and goes starting point to go by, I have setup sheets from mild to wild for it. setup sheets. Anyway I just purchased another one today with some hop ups cant wait to get her going.. I made my first into a NOBAR and it flew pretty good just have to tone your throws down and use some expo, I go that rout again on this one.
Old 12-27-2010, 03:39 PM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3d-wanna-b View Post
I personally love the 4G3 myself.... just something about I cant put my finger on it. As far as setting it up goes I think its pretty dang easy myself as long as you have a good radio (I use the 2801 pro) and goes starting point to go by, I have setup sheets from mild to wild for it. setup sheets. Anyway I just purchased another one today with some hop ups cant wait to get her going.. I made my first into a NOBAR and it flew pretty good just have to tone your throws down and use some expo, I go that rout again on this one.
Yep not many of us left. But definately the 4g3 is a unique heli to have!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in