Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Mikado Logo Helicopters > Mikado Logo 700 Xxtreme

Mikado Logo 700 Xxtreme Mikado Logo 700 Xxtreme Helicopters Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-31-2016, 08:45 AM   #121 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by NTM View Post
You're kidding yourself if you think Kyle couldn't have done that with anything but a 700xx.
Those again unfortunately are assumptions and guessing. You can't know because he didn't fly other 700's. I checked the results I could find out of 3D masters/helimasters , XFC, Zone format and ASIA DX from 2012 - 2015. From what I could find at least 10 top 3 places are for the 700XX.
Quote:
I don't think four minutes of figure eights at low headspeed is really a litmus test, lol.
It is proof of good practice, and you can fly at least 24 variations of them, even more with some creativity. It really takes a good pilot to fly all figure eights near to perfection. The XXtreme is perfect to practice those figures and will excell in precision, even in windy conditions.
Quote:
The current 700xx is not awesome, they are absolutely doing the right thing by discontinuing it. Most mikado reps that I know have owned and flown the 700xx, very few of them still own or fly them. Most have gone back to the 690sx, and continue to yearn for a proper 700 from mikado.
I give mikado big props for having the sack to cut it, as it didn't meet the standards of excellence set forth by the logo 600.
They've brought a new designer on board this time to help out with a fresh perspective, untainted by the xx.
Again personal ideas...which are OK, but only personal...I fly both 700 and 690SX. the 690SX will be my spare for next season, It is lighter on the disc but I find it more difficult to obtain the same precision in flying the set manoeuvres, but this is also only personal. I found the XXtreme a very good competition machine, even with high disc load for the sum of following reasons :
Durability: None to very low maintenance.
Parts : Within 2 days directly from Mikado or LHS in EU
Reliable: Doesn't fail due to heavy duty design.
Insensitive to wind : due to its mass.
Cyclic : more then enough for my skills
Collective : The mass of the machine is a lesser problem then my collective managment skills...
And last but not least : Precision !!!! , which btw even increased a little with the VBAR NEO.

Nevertheless, there is always room for improvement (weight) and the new 700 won't dissapoint I hope. In about a month we'll see more and in about 3 months we might even feel it in the air...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-31-2016, 12:29 PM   #122 (permalink)
closed

opinions vary depending on flight style and experience. i think if 700xx really was at its best design, mikado wouldn't be remodeling it entirely. it seems there is room for improvement. i don't think kyle dahal flies that perfect. certainly better than me, but there are many pilots out there that make my jaw drop more.

Last edited by hilarious; 01-31-2016 at 02:08 PM..
hilarious is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-31-2016, 01:18 PM   #123 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by hilarious View Post
opinions vary depending on flight style and experience. i think if 700xx really was at its best design, mikado wouldn't be remodeling it entirely. it seems there is room for improvement. i don't think kyle dahal flies that perfect. certainly better than me, but there are many pilots out there that makes my jaw drop more.
We all agree the 700xx is a heavy model. Not really what the majority wants. Some could just not get on board with the CF frame. There are many die-hard Logo guys that only consider a plastic frame model a true Logo. I give Mikado ALOT of credit for trying something different, even though it didn't pan out as well as they hoped.

I personally think Kyle's flying style is awesome. It's a helicopter ballet that's very enjoyable to watch. For me, Tareq has no style at all. A great pilot for sure but his flights are boring. The nice thing about our hobby is that here is something for everyone to enjoy. Some like the smooth precise style, others like the smack crack style. Not saying one is better than the other, just different.

VCONTROL*NEO*TRIBUNUS*MKS*VTX*DPL8 W/BUMP CONTROL*MEANWELL
Corvette & Copter Guy is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-31-2016, 01:25 PM   #124 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Ya know what's great about a lightweight and durable heli like the 600sx?

If you want it heavier, you can just add more batteries.

If you want an overweight 700 like the old 700xx, then use larger packs.
Old 01-31-2016, 01:44 PM   #125 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corvette & Copter Guy View Post
We all agree the 700xx is a heavy model. Not really what the majority wants. Some could just not get on board with the CF frame. There are many die-hard Logo guys that only consider a plastic frame model a true Logo. I give Mikado ALOT of credit for trying something different, even though it didn't pan out as well as they hoped.

I personally think Kyle's flying style is awesome. It's a helicopter ballet that's very enjoyable to watch. For me, Tareq has no style at all. A great pilot for sure but his flights are boring. The nice thing about our hobby is that here is something for everyone to enjoy. Some like the smooth precise style, others like the smack crack style. Not saying one is better than the other, just different.
Totally agreed !!! +1
Old 02-02-2016, 03:51 AM   #126 (permalink)
Registered Users

Soooooooo the new 700 is coming in a months time??

Lee2782 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-02-2016, 01:02 PM   #127 (permalink)
Registered Users

We will know more after the Rotor Live Event in germany next month.

http://www.rotor-live.de/wp/?lang=en

Mikado will be there. And the place is only 40 km away from where I live.
Spacemarine is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-02-2016, 01:38 PM   #128 (permalink)
Registered Users

Sweet Cant wait I just want to see new frame pics I ve been wait ing since we herd of a revamp and change to single tray batt system, which i am all for as more lipo protection
Trex_600n,Trex_500,MR25,MikadoLoGo5003D_KDE,CastleCreations,Ys,JR XG8,Sab Goblin 380/X_Nova/Bk_Servos, JR TagsMini//Sab Goblin 500Pulse Edition, Sab Goblin570Carbon_SABUSA_X_Nova_BkServos_KDE,RJX-Swash,JR-SPG-Tail/TagsMini_JRX-Bus.
JEEPWORLD2002 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-03-2016, 09:45 PM   #129 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEEPWORLD2002 View Post
Sweet Cant wait I just want to see new frame pics I ve been wait ing since we herd of a revamp and change to single tray batt system, which i am all for as more lipo protection
I cant wait either!! I have always wanted to add a Logo to my fleet and the new 700 will be just what I need. I am all for the single batt system too as my 700DFC and G700C utilise that system.

Lee2782 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-03-2016, 11:57 PM   #130 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Some interesting conversations here. For one to note NTM is like me in many ways as we know each other personally. Critical of things on all helis. While I love Mikado and have flown Mikado since I got into hobby almost ten years ago now I still myself try other helis. To compare and asses what is good and bad on each model. I for one am excited to see and experience Mikados next machine. I do think we will see it at Rotor Live, fingers crossed. Mikado always has been extremly secretive as to what they are working on for very good reason. So lets wait awhile longer I do not think we will be dissapointed folks.
Old 02-06-2016, 12:26 PM   #131 (permalink)
NTM
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by galensk View Post
Those again unfortunately are assumptions and guessing. You can't know because he didn't fly other 700's. I checked the results I could find out of 3D masters/helimasters , XFC, Zone format and ASIA DX from 2012 - 2015. From what I could find at least 10 top 3 places are for the 700XX.

It is proof of good practice, and you can fly at least 24 variations of them, even more with some creativity. It really takes a good pilot to fly all figure eights near to perfection. The XXtreme is perfect to practice those figures and will excell in precision, even in windy conditions.

Again personal ideas...which are OK, but only personal...I fly both 700 and 690SX. the 690SX will be my spare for next season, It is lighter on the disc but I find it more difficult to obtain the same precision in flying the set manoeuvres, but this is also only personal. I found the XXtreme a very good competition machine, even with high disc load for the sum of following reasons :
Durability: None to very low maintenance.
Parts : Within 2 days directly from Mikado or LHS in EU
Reliable: Doesn't fail due to heavy duty design.
Insensitive to wind : due to its mass.
Cyclic : more then enough for my skills
Collective : The mass of the machine is a lesser problem then my collective managment skills...
And last but not least : Precision !!!! , which btw even increased a little with the VBAR NEO.

Nevertheless, there is always room for improvement (weight) and the new 700 won't dissapoint I hope. In about a month we'll see more and in about 3 months we might even feel it in the air...

I give up, you can lead a horse to water, but you can't make it drink, lol.
I suspect your requirements in an airframes performance and my requirements in an airframes performance are vastly different.
NTM is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-06-2016, 12:40 PM   #132 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
I suspect your requirements in an airframes performance and my requirements in an airframes performance are vastly different.
That's just it. You both want different things out of an air frame. Neither of you are wrong wanting different things. We're lucky to have so many choices.
Old 02-06-2016, 03:23 PM   #133 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
you can lead a horse to water, but you can't make it drink, lol.
Correct ! And luckily we're not forced to drink out of the same pool , as stated it is good to have choices. In about a month we hopefully have one more... the new 700XX.
Meanwhile I found on the german VBAR forum, the design of the new 700 was again focussed on rigidity. If I understood correctly, one will have to select electronics carefully to get it under 5kg.
Old 02-06-2016, 04:53 PM   #134 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
I give up, you can lead a horse to water, but you can't make it drink, lol.
Awww okay, since you give up.

The XXtreme 700 is awesome.

However, one thing I have always thought Mikado should have bought out was a true 700 that had a similar fantastic plastic moulded frame similar to the Logo 500 / 600 range, along with a similar price range.

I loved my Logo 500 to bits (before I crashed it so hard I broke every part of it including the frames and swash plate), I did think its flight characteristics where also awesome. I did my first real aileron tick tok with it, and it came out perfect the very first time. Sometimes I thought Terrance and Phillip where standing next to me when flying it.

The thing that does not sit comfortable with me is the 690 is its just a stretch, Its got a unique 370 kv motor size, which you can't share with other 700's. And its restricted to 690 mm blades. But I see it for what it is.
HungryHippos is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-08-2016, 04:39 PM   #135 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default 700XX

My xxtreme 700 weights 12.6 RTF with RX pack and 5800 mah batteries. Why does everyone think its so heavy? The gaui weights just as much.
snafu9241 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-08-2016, 11:26 PM   #136 (permalink)
Registered Users

I'm not sure what the big fuss is either.

I think it's a bit heavier as per the typical lightly diskloaded line (500/600)

The 5/600 line was very lightly loaded , so this is a change of gears in comparison.

Of course every heli has it's strong points and weak points, one just needs to decide what strong points will counter the weak points.

I like the 700xx because it tracks so well , just makes me look better

With large pokes on the cyclic and agility numbers to match it will jump no problem.

I like mine and won't be parting with it.

Martin
Logo 600 8917/ 9188 4035-500 VBC NEO
rcmarty is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-09-2016, 02:00 AM   #137 (permalink)
Registered Users

I think it is the fact that it isn't following the light disc loading design like the 500/600 design that dissapoints some pilots. If a design doesn't fit ones flightstyle it doesn't make it per definition a bad design, it only makes it less interesting for certain flightstyles.... but to stay on topic...
I am wondering which "improvements" we will see in a month on the new one. Almost for shure they'll go for stickpacks which slide in the frame, following the 500/600SX V2 range. IF they want to win some more weight on top of the carbon to fiberplastic change, I can only think of a smaller head.
Or... what else.... ?
Old 02-09-2016, 02:49 AM   #138 (permalink)
Registered Users

Since they have done a complete redesign I wonder if they are keeping the same tail drive system.
SMJT is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-10-2016, 10:53 AM   #139 (permalink)
Registered Users

I am fantasizing that it will be a belted tail...

QF-Servo | Lynx/OXY Heli & FPV field rep
Theunisjr is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-10-2016, 12:40 PM   #140 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I would like to see:
1) A normal frame just scaled up (possible to be an 800)
2) Red/yellow Xxtreme paint scheme
3) Battery tray
4) Turnbuckles
5) RC Booyas
6) No horizontal tail fin
7) Xxtreme SX maybe for the name???

VCONTROL*NEO*TRIBUNUS*MKS*VTX*DPL8 W/BUMP CONTROL*MEANWELL
Corvette & Copter Guy is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in