Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopters > Finless Bob's Helifreak Tech Room

Finless Bob's Helifreak Tech Room Finless Bob's Helifreak Tech Room - Tips and how-To Videos

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-22-2006, 12:12 PM   #41 (permalink)

Bob-- I built my rex from your vids about four weeks ago. A freind of mine bought one and I told him about how much help you were. When I tried to show him I thought I had lost them forever. Thank you so much for putting them back up.

Now my question- Do you think you could do one on how to properly tension the belt. I've read so many conflicting details on what is proper, and since "you da man" I was hoping you could help. Seeing is believing as the saying goes.

One more question (now that I think about it) What do you recommend for the tightness of the main and tail blades.
zooland1 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-22-2006, 12:21 PM   #42 (permalink)

I just realized the vids for the frame assembly and motor pinion aren't up yet (I hope "yet" is correct and not "gone")

The vid on how to properly seat the tail drive was invaluable for me.

Thanks Bob
Old 05-22-2006, 12:39 PM   #43 (permalink)
Team Taco VP

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

I think I can handle a quicky belt tension vid! Let me see what I can cook up

I will also see if I can find the pinion video as I do see it is missing.

As for blade tightness. I like them pretty tight! But as a easy starting point have them tight enought so when you put the heli on its side they DO NOT fall on thier own.

Bob
Finless is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-22-2006, 03:29 PM   #44 (permalink)

There,s a new pinion thread on rr(help cant get my pinion on), it may be of some help till the vid comes out.
p llim is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-22-2006, 03:39 PM   #45 (permalink)
Team Taco VP

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by p llim
There,s a new pinion thread on rr(help cant get my pinion on), it may be of some help till the vid comes out.
Better yet however, is to just ask the people here on Helifreak in the Trex forum! I am sure they or I can answer the questions until I can find my video.

Bob
Old 05-22-2006, 06:26 PM   #46 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default help to download

Hi, i want to download videos to save but takes to long.......... help
finfan882002 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-22-2006, 06:28 PM   #47 (permalink)
Team Taco VP

My HF Map location

Hmmm the download speed from Helifreak is pretty darn fast! just as fast as RR was in my opinion. Are you on a dial up connection? If so there is not much I can do to help it go any faster......

Bob
Old 05-22-2006, 06:36 PM   #48 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default help

yes im on dial up............. which video should i download first cause im startin build now on trex
finfan882002 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-22-2006, 07:47 PM   #49 (permalink)
Team Taco VP

My HF Map location

Get the frames put together per the instructions then do them in this order:

Installing Servos in a Trex SE (38 Megs)
CCPM Setup Part 1 (58 Megs)
CCPM Setup Part 2 (58 Megs)
Pitch and Throttle Curves 101 (58 Megs)
Trex Electronics placement and overview (28 Megs)

If you need to learn to solder and need the ESC and battery available so you can power the servos for the ABOVE videos then do these before the above videos.

Soldering Deans Connectors 101 (30 Megs)
Soldering Bullet (Motor) Connectors 101 (50 Megs)
Align ESC setup (30 Megs)

Bob
Old 05-22-2006, 08:05 PM   #50 (permalink)
HF Support

My HF Map location

And order an SE Reverse Gyro Mount from me now so that you will have it when you are ready for it.

http://www.wavelandps.com/clearly/
rdlohr is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-22-2006, 08:08 PM   #51 (permalink)
Team Taco VP

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdlohr
And order an SE Reverse Gyro Mount from me now so that you will have it when you are ready for it.

http://www.wavelandps.com/clearly/
YES! GYRO on top=BAD

The gyro plate is worth it trust me! You will agree the first time you crash and take out s $120 401 gyro!

Bob
Old 05-22-2006, 08:35 PM   #52 (permalink)

My HF Map location

Got my Gyro plates today!!! Finally checked the PO BOX!! AWESOME, thank you Rick.

I would highly recommend these to anyone, and after loosing a 401 gyro this past weekend to bad placement, I can assure you they ARE worth the $$ many times over.

Thanks again Rick!!
Old 05-22-2006, 08:37 PM   #53 (permalink)
HF Support

My HF Map location

Quote:
Thanks again Rick!!
No problem. Thank you! I'm lovin this forum!
rdlohr is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-22-2006, 10:12 PM   #54 (permalink)
Team Taco VP

My HF Map location

OK you guys asked for it... its up!

Blade Tracking 101........

Let me know what ya think

Bob
Old 05-23-2006, 02:30 AM   #55 (permalink)
Registered Users

"It was suggested by a excellent contributor GimbalFan that I order my videos in a order that should be follow by a new person (n00b) with a new Trex. I liked the suggestion and now the videos are in order as they should be viewed." -- Finless Bob

Thanks, Bob. That comment wasn't necessary but it's appreciated. I'm new to this forum, one of MANY happier refugees who've recently come over from 'the dark side.' Best move I've ever made in RC.

And what timing! Just as I'm building my first electric, a Rex SE, I find your help videos. This build went far better and easier than it would have without them.

Like many have said here before, first drink's on me whenever we cross paths. Second, third and fourth, too. I'm guessing that you'll have a hard time paying for frosty cold beverages anywhere Rex's fly.
Old 05-23-2006, 02:49 AM   #56 (permalink)
Team Taco VP

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by GimbalFan
"It was suggested by a excellent contributor GimbalFan that I order my videos in a order that should be follow by a new person (n00b) with a new Trex. I liked the suggestion and now the videos are in order as they should be viewed." -- Finless Bob

Thanks, Bob. That comment wasn't necessary but it's appreciated. I'm new to this forum, one of MANY happier refugees who've recently come over from 'the dark side.' Best move I've ever made in RC.

And what timing! Just as I'm building my first electric, a Rex SE, I find your help videos. This build went far better and easier than it would have without them.

Like many have said here before, first drink's on me whenever we cross paths. Second, third and fourth, too. I'm guessing that you'll have a hard time paying for frosty cold beverages anywhere Rex's fly.

Thanks I one day hope to take you up on the frosty bev!

Bob
Old 05-23-2006, 03:11 PM   #57 (permalink)

Any luck locating the vid how to snap the HDE (and I guess the 450X) frame together? I have a friend putting his together this weekend and the part about the taill drive bearing fit really helped me. I won't be in town this weekend to help him and the videos are fantastic help. Hard to rewind a conversation Plus the fact it took him nearly eight hours to assemble the head. (no, I wasn't helping him)

Sure wish I'd saved these the first time instead of just watching them. Hindsight always gets to you.

Thanks again Bob. Don't do alcoholic stuff, but any time you need a Coke tell Eddienewyork to put it on my tab
Old 05-23-2006, 09:25 PM   #58 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

FINLESS BOB'S...... thanks a million.
I have a Trex heli and I built it after flying on my reflex for a few months. I am progressing very well on the sim so I figured I would finally take the trex out. It was all I could do to keep this thing in a 20x20 area. It was all over the place. I went over the throttle and pitch curves, balancing, tracking, leveling and anything else I could think of. Everything seemed to be as the instructions stated. Sooooo. I took it to my LHS and had the heli guy go over it and fly it. He could fly it, so I figured it was just me. I went bcak home and tried it until I got so fustrated I was about to give it up. THEN along came FINLESS BOB and his videos. I watched them all and as I was watching them I was telling my self I done this, I done that, I checked that, Hey I never knew i had to do that, and this, and make sure this was like that. In other words I was way off from what the instructions told me to do. SOOO. I started over and rebuilt it PER BOB'S videos. Then I took it outside and hovered it. HOLY $HIT. It stayed in a area about 2 feet by 2 feet. I even got to hover it hands off for about 10 seconds after a few flights. BOB YOUR VIDEOS ARE AWESOME. THANKS A MILLION.
fireplug1111 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-23-2006, 09:40 PM   #59 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

My support all the way. I joind runryder cuz of your vids, and you can bet I will not miss that site one bit and will keep up with you here.
Don"t make me list 'm all !
Raven_darkcloud is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-24-2006, 12:42 AM   #60 (permalink)
Team Taco VP

My HF Map location

zooland1, yes..... I should have it up tomorrow!

bob

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in