Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Thunder Tiger 30/50 > Titan X50

Titan X50 Thunder Tiger Titan X50 Helicopters

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-13-2012, 10:21 PM   #21 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

ive used the ar7100r and love the rev limiter. works primarily the same. you probably wouldnt notice the diff in the two. i cant tell. try it first before you go spend more money
Advertisement

Old 05-13-2012, 10:33 PM   #22 (permalink)

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnbs8 View Post
ive used the ar7100r and love the rev limiter. works primarily the same. you probably wouldnt notice the diff in the two. i cant tell. try it first before you go spend more money
+1

100% flat on the throttle curve in ST1 and ST2 flight modes, and head speed set in the Governor menu. Third year doing it this way.

Also, the EVO-55 pipe is holding up just fine and producing good power after two gallons this season. So far so good.
Old 05-14-2012, 12:32 PM   #23 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by b_s_chance View Post
need to check the center pulse of the servo..i dont know any thing about that specific servo but some of the newer dedicated tail servos run on a non standard center pulse..1520 is a standard for cyclic,throttle and some of the newer tails are on 960 or 760...also the ar7100r is a rev limiter only... not a gov...if i were u i would go with the 701 there is a lot to gain by having the gov and gyro together basicly the gyro knows when you are giving more throttle and pre compensates the tail to hold it very locked as oposed to waiteing for it to sense movement and then correcting...as far as the reg or bec pm me if you are interested i have 2 very nice options for you for fairley cheap both are used but in excelent condition.also both regs have built in push button glow igniters!
Ok, dumb question....... How do I check the "center pulse of the servo? I am pretty sure I will be using the AR7110 or 7110r so I wont need an external reg anymore, thank you for the offer though!

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnbs8 View Post
What would happen if I bought the 7110r for now and then put a 701 gyro/gov on it later, could they be set up to work the same as a 7110 and the 701 would? Can the rev limiter be disabled so the 701 had control?

YB
DX8
YBNORMAL is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-14-2012, 12:42 PM   #24 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob O View Post
+1

100% flat on the throttle curve in ST1 and ST2 flight modes, and head speed set in the Governor menu. Third year doing it this way.

Also, the EVO-55 pipe is holding up just fine and producing good power after two gallons this season. So far so good.
Good to know that the Evo should work well since I already spent the money......:
DX8
Old 05-15-2012, 11:41 PM   #25 (permalink)
Registered Users

i just ment to look up the stats on that servo..i looked it up shortly after i made that post and that servo is standard 1520 and that rx is the same
b_s_chance is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-16-2012, 11:17 AM   #26 (permalink)

My HF Map location

Yes, the RevLimiter function does not have to be used. If nothing is plugged into the sensor port/channel of the receiver, that function will not be available.

Sent from my phone
Old 05-25-2012, 02:07 AM   #27 (permalink)
Registered Users

Well, this build is getting pretty close to being done. In my OP, I was talking about stepping up to a 2.4ghz Tx since I have been out of the helis for long enough that my current Tx was a JR8103.

After MUCH debate and research I ended up going with the DX8 over the 9503. Time will tell if I made the right choice. I just couldn't pass up the features that the DX8 boasts, the 3 reciever deal and telemetry only sweetened the deal.

The only complaint I have about it is that (compared to the 9503) the case of the Tx feels and looks a little cheap to me. It is comfortable and works well ergonomically and I am a function over form type of guy so I couldn't in good conscience spend more money to get less features but a nicer feel.

I sure hope that all the bugs have been worked out at this point and all the complaining that can be found on google is a non issue.

YB
DX8
Old 06-03-2012, 02:18 AM   #28 (permalink)
Registered Users

Got the GY 701 and AR7110 installed today and got out for some engine tuning. What a kick in the ...........

I spoke too soon in the other thread about how easy nitro tuning was. I know I need to tune my "hover" needle first on the YS so I was working on getting that tweeked in but was having trouble keeping the engine running when I throttled down to make a needle adjustment. So I was cheating a little and trying to get the idle needle closer so it would stay running long enough and slow enough to be able to get the blades to stop spinning.

So as I was getting frustrated, of course the starting wand started to die. Plus the backplate was freakin hot! So I threw the starter on the charger and went to the LHS to get some extension leads to get the telemetry up and going so I can get a better idea whats going on during hover. And a longer lead for the sat on the back of the heli. Also a cheap remote glow adapter since I haven't decided on a switchglo or pushglo yet and it was getting annoying having to put it right to the head.

Then got home and figured I had better mow before the next tornado warning. Well of course the tractor tire was flat.............ahhhhhhh, not my day!

I spent all night getting the gyro/gov all set up so it does what I want in different flight modes, and putting the telem and glow adapter on. Tomorrow I want to get back to it. I looked around and most people seem to say that the YS's like to run MUCH more rich than the OS's I am/was used to so I'll keep that in mind.

I also found a crack in the plastic nipple on the tank (pressure tap). So I repaired that best I could, I don't know if that was the cause of my issues though. I couldn't put my finger on whether the engine was lean or rich, frustrating. By the time I noticed the backplate temp, my starter was dead. The engine certainly didn't look lean, the amount of smoke pouring out of there was enough to scare away anything for miles.

I'll let ya know, YB
DX8
Old 06-03-2012, 02:51 PM   #29 (permalink)
Registered Users

Ok, much better day today, got it running well, every tank I ran I was able to get the idle speed lower and the temps were coming down every flight.

YB
DX8
Old 09-13-2012, 09:44 PM   #30 (permalink)
Registered Users

Had the ole girl out today. Got up the nerve to flip it around a bit. The engine is running nicely and the governor is holding well.

Any advice on a headspeed for IU1 and 2 with the stock blades? I have it set for 2000 and 2150 right now.

YB
DX8
Old 09-13-2012, 09:51 PM   #31 (permalink)

My HF Map location

Those head speeds sound good to me.
Old 09-15-2012, 01:48 PM   #32 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

1800 normal
1900 idle 1
2050 idle 2

Those i have set with stock blades. I fly 1800 only tho...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in