Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > nano CP X Brushless Mods

nano CP X Brushless Mods Blade nano CP X Brushless Mods Information and Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-08-2013, 06:22 AM   #201 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by jevs View Post
Where are the instructions for installing the brushless tail?
Any pictures or a suggestion for the best place to mount both ESC's?
Instructions and picture of BL tail and rear ESC location, thanks to Dylan.
http://astroid-designs.myshopify.com...s-tail-install

Picture of front ESC location. At least the way I like to install them.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-08-2013, 08:54 AM   #202 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default Developed a problem

After several month of flying my pjacq kit it has developed a problem. At first it would intermittently start the main motor after a try or two. This went on for a while and now it wont turn at all. All solder joints appear to be still firmly in place. Does anyone have a suggestion where to start troubleshooting? The main boar has power and all other controls work including the tail motor. Thanks,

Bob
bobswika is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-08-2013, 01:32 PM   #203 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I'm strongly looking into one of his mild kits.
RichKnapp is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-07-2013, 01:11 AM   #204 (permalink)
Registered Users

Looking at these kits so just tagging in so I get email notification if there's any new posts here.
SLMcc is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-08-2013, 01:38 PM   #205 (permalink)
Registered Users

I just built my first pjacq kit today. In fact this was my first BL conversion ever.

So far so good! The heli seems to fly fine at 85% throttle and I can get an easy 4 minutes out of my 160mAh Glacier batteries.

One thing that I'm not sure about is the gear mesh. I have a mild kit and it's not nearly as easy to turn the rotor blades like the original brushed motor was. Also, when I hit throttle hold, the blades stop FAST. Much faster than the brushed motor which would spin a lot more before stopping.

Is that normal or does that not sound right? I really don't have a good feel for how to adjust the gear mesh at all either. I just seated and re-seated the motor until it felt like the main gear could turn smoothly but it still feels tighter than maybe it should.
RoboHeli is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-08-2013, 03:15 PM   #206 (permalink)
Registered Users

Here's a pic of my current gear mesh. Does this look okay or is too tight? I'm worried that it might be too tight.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20131208_161059.jpg
Views:	304
Size:	73.7 KB
ID:	470502  
Old 12-09-2013, 09:34 AM   #207 (permalink)
Registered Users

Did you oil the motor bearings? I found mine was way smoother after. They come bone dry or mine did anyhow...
Old 12-09-2013, 01:03 PM   #208 (permalink)
Registered Users

No, I haven't oiled them yet. What recommended? Any lightweight motor oil?
Old 12-11-2013, 02:52 PM   #209 (permalink)
Registered Users

Just a quick update.

I think I got my mild kit dialed in and flying quite well.

* I got a new frame and re-did the mount. I think the original frame I had was warped or something because the new motor and gear fit really well together in the new frame.

* I oiled the motor bearings with some of this stuff: http://niftech.com/info/hyperdrops.html

* I went between an 70%-80% fixed throttle curve and put 80% max pitch on the blades.

I think it flies very well! Very consistent power with a lot of torque (hard pitch pumps nearly overwhelm my tail!) and a headspeed that's comparable to my other stock Nano on a fresh battery. Of course, my headspeed remains fixed through the flight compared to the stock which drops off halfway through the flight.

Thanks for making this kit, Pjacq! The fact that I can easily swap out a frame with these pieces is a HUGE bonus in my book. The plug on the motor is also nice as it makes removing the 3-in-1 a lot easier.
Old 12-16-2013, 09:48 PM   #210 (permalink)
Registered Users

I am going to try it with the heavy 1.1g aluminum gear and see how it rings I am on my third main gear.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk
Arthure is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-31-2013, 11:56 AM   #211 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrRoboHeli View Post
Just a quick update.

I think I got my mild kit dialed in and flying quite well.

* I got a new frame and re-did the mount. I think the original frame I had was warped or something because the new motor and gear fit really well together in the new frame.

* I oiled the motor bearings with some of this stuff: http://niftech.com/info/hyperdrops.html

* I went between an 70%-80% fixed throttle curve and put 80% max pitch on the blades.

I think it flies very well! Very consistent power with a lot of torque (hard pitch pumps nearly overwhelm my tail!) and a headspeed that's comparable to my other stock Nano on a fresh battery. Of course, my headspeed remains fixed through the flight compared to the stock which drops off halfway through the flight.

Thanks for making this kit, Pjacq! The fact that I can easily swap out a frame with these pieces is a HUGE bonus in my book. The plug on the motor is also nice as it makes removing the 3-in-1 a lot easier.
Glad to hear you got it sorted. The BL motors are more notchy but the oil helps that a lot. Some talk of using a V curve in Gov Arm mode to help control the tail keeping it really steady. I need to get a flash plug on my esc to sort that out as I'm not confident changing things with the tx. Via the PC software is easy.
Old 12-31-2013, 12:04 PM   #212 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhujang View Post
Glad to hear you got it sorted. The BL motors are more notchy but the oil helps that a lot. Some talk of using a V curve in Gov Arm mode to help control the tail keeping it really steady. I need to get a flash plug on my esc to sort that out as I'm not confident changing things with the tx. Via the PC software is easy.
Hi,

Actually, I just spent the last few days working on the TBO issues I was having. I first tried a longer tail boom but then it appeared that I was getting over correction. A friend talked me through the process of setting up gov-arm mode and low and behold, I'm back on the stock tail boom AND my tail is MUCH more solid!!! I'm still playing with the v-curve settings, but I'm SUPER psyched about how well the tail is working.

So the basic progression for setting up a BL system is...

1) Stay in the default gov-tx mode until you get the fixed bladespeed settings that you want for your main blade.

2) Then switch over to gov-arm mode and dial in the right V-curve for your tail.

The last battery I flew had the tail being really solid. I think I'll bump up the V-curve another 5% and that ought to clean it up completely for me.

I was talking about it over at RCGroups in the NanoCPX forum yesterday. Here are my posts:

Me learning how to use my transmitter to change BLHeli settings on my ESC:
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...postcount=7265

Me after I successfully changed the settings and was getting ready to test fly:
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...postcount=7266

Me after a REALLY successful set of initial test flights:
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...postcount=7267

The gov-arm mode is incredibly useful. I'm so glad I took the time to figure out how to use it.
Old 01-01-2014, 09:42 AM   #213 (permalink)
Registered Users

Yes with a stock tail I think it's essential to be in gov arm mode. I have a BL tail so stay in gov tx mode which works perfect.
Old 03-22-2014, 06:36 PM   #214 (permalink)
Registered Users

so from the looks of these kits it seems like pjacqs is by far the best...but where the heck do you get it?!?! ive been googling all morning trying to find it, there is no way im CA gluing anything to my frame so that asteroid designs kit is out of the picture...

the stock kit adds weight and reports say it isn't much stronger than the original, i don't want to add any weight to my bird.

so where do you get this pjacqs kit? people talk about it all day long yet it seems to be impossible to find on the internet...at least for me at any rate...

Last edited by sethf8403; 03-23-2014 at 11:14 AM..
sethf8403 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-22-2014, 08:02 PM   #215 (permalink)
Registered Users

Helifreak user pjacq is the one who makes it. He doesn't have a company or a web front store or anything. You just contact him directly and buy it directly from him. You can send him a private message (PM) to ask about pricing and availability. Here's his forum profile:

https://www.helifreak.com/member.php?u=156656

the link to send him a PM should be there in the "Send Message" menu right under his name on the left side.

Pay him through Paypal. He ships quickly. I've got two kits and I'm quite satisfied.
Old 05-11-2014, 09:14 PM   #216 (permalink)
Registered Users

I picked up a 2nd kit a little while ago and decided tonight to solder it in.

I soldered power, ground, and the signal wire to the ESC. However, when I applied my battery to the NanoCPX RX board, the ESC didn't chirp or make any noise like my other one does. The RX board came up and bound to my TX just fine but the ESC made no noise.

Not sure what to make of that. Would this be a sign of a non-flashed ESC? Might the ESC not be working properly? I checked the power & ground leads and it appears that it's getting power appropriately.

Any suggestions?

EDIT :: NEVER MIND. YOU'RE SUPPOSED TO PLUG THE MOTOR IN OTHERWISE IT WON"T BEEP!!!

It beeped fine. now on to the rest of the build.
Old 05-15-2014, 10:04 PM   #217 (permalink)
Registered Users

the beeps actually come from the motor, was that connected?

*edit* sorry didn't read that you figured it out lol
sethf8403 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-26-2014, 02:16 PM   #218 (permalink)
Registered Users

Lol, yeah, I felt dumb when someone explained that to me. I had always wondered how the ESC was supposed to be making those noises without a visible speaker of some sort!

Anyway, the build went together fine and the heli flies pretty well.
Old 06-14-2014, 05:49 AM   #219 (permalink)
Registered Users

I have the pjacq kit as well with a 1600 KV, 125mm boom stock tail. I've found it easier to glue the 2 piece side frames together. I actually haven't flown mine in months though now because the right servo won't stay fastened. It comes loose every flight and starts flying crappy. I must have a stripped hole in the frame I guess. Maybe I could fill it with epoxy and redrill it?

I wouldn't hesitate to try the Asteroids designs kit as well, you just can't ever catch them in stock.
Just Pm pjacq here at helifreak and he'll send one right out. Also grab up some 200 mah lipos that fit the stock skids from him and the 1600 kV motor. Don't even bother with the lesser KV motor.
Old 06-19-2014, 08:47 PM   #220 (permalink)
Registered Users

What throttle % do you fly with the 16000kv motor?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in