Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > 300X

300X Blade 300X Helicopters Information and Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-08-2014, 12:10 PM   #21 (permalink)
Registered Users

Believe what you will my word is not for sale, I have tested many brands and posted their bad results and pissed off more than a few vendors. I even posted very negative results of some Thunder Power LiPolys and for the most part have stoped posting resluts on forum due to folks with your mind set. In the meantime I am stll flying TPs that are 4 plus years old and they perform well. Son and I went flying this morning a my most MH 300 with stock 320 motor ,esc and 10T pinion powered with a 4 year old TP Pro Power 45 3S 1250 was doing continuious front and back flips. Four minute flight doing constant mild 3D ,all 3 cells at 3.79V right after flight and 784 mAh to recharge to 4.2 per cell.

Last edited by everydayflyer; 07-08-2014 at 03:26 PM..
everydayflyer is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-08-2014, 12:24 PM   #22 (permalink)
Closed Account
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by everydayflyer View Post
for the most part have stoped posting resluts on forum due to folks with your mind set.
Try not to be offended I don't know you or the work you have done. So my comment wasn't meant to discredit the work you have done. Everyone has an opinion on the matter. At some point we all have to make a judgment call based on the information each of us consumes and then make a decision right or wrong. Trying to convince everyone that the conclusion you came to is the correct one on a forum is a HUGE waste of time IMO. I wouldn't let that stop you from posting. You may reach those that come to the same conclusion as you and they may find it useful. I've read enough about TP to come to the conclusion they just aren't worth the money JMO.

And I get a big X for the picture you posted.
xokia is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-08-2014, 01:07 PM   #23 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by xokia View Post
When you are paid to test things you have to take what someone says with a grain of salt. No body is going to bite the hand that feeds them. TP is well known for going down hill on batteries. If you choose to not believe that then buy all the TP batteries you can get your hands on it won't effect me any. I won't buy any of them. Nothing against him I haven't read his posts on rcgroups I prefer the guy doing all the testing on his own dime.

I have well over 100 flights on my nano-techs.
Weren't you the guy who said all Castle Creations ESCs are garbage and who accused Castle of posting fake pics of bad soldering jobs? So TP batteries are all garbage, too?

Quote:
And I get a big X for the picture you posted.
Same here.

Uriah is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-08-2014, 01:26 PM   #24 (permalink)
Closed Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uriah View Post
Weren't you the guy who said all Castle Creations ESCs are garbage and who accused Castle of posting fake pics of bad soldering jobs? So TP batteries are all garbage, too?
So you are accusing me of being the only one that thinks CC has issues? A brand new CC 160 ESC shut down on my 700 in flight for no apparent reason and I have the log files to back it up. And with MY experience CC customer support was a PAIN to deal with. This was a 2 month old esc. So my opinion is supported by MY experiences with the product. CC is also well known for blaming the customer first which was well documented with their fires they had. So I am not sure what point you are trying to make other then to start a pissing match. I don't like CC if you do great! This is a Ford/Chevy debate and pointless to try and make someone side with you. I do however run a CC esc in my 300x just so we are a little bit on topic.

No I don't think TP is garbage. Where did I say that? It's interesting how people take simple statements and turn them into something they are not just so they can hear themselves talk. Seems most discussions turn into that lately. I think TP isn't producing the quality they used to but are still charging the higher price for reduced quality. They are able to get that high price based on their prior reputation for producing the best batteries. Take that and twist it into whatever you want.
Old 07-08-2014, 01:27 PM   #25 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epoweredrc View Post
DoubleCH I guess you have no clue who everydayflyer is, he is a well know battery guru over on RCG who has thousands of hours into testing every battery from thunder power, hyperion, nano techs, billowy, AGA, Gen ace, Rhino,Etec, Kokam, Tanic, Poly quest, A123 2300's and 1100s so many batters I can not even name all of them, also does Beta Charger Testing for company's such as FMA direct, Thunder Power, Hyperion, I charger, chargers. He has right at 35,000 post on RCG most about batterys. There is nothing your going to be able to tell him about battery's that he doesn't already know. Not being rude here just giving you some back ground on him.
I know all that about everydayflyer way before even I got my 300X. I expressed my same opinon way back when I was flying my mCPx and 130X. Read my post my again. I'm not saying TP is hype. I'm saying it's not worth the multiple times of cost.
DoubleCH is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-08-2014, 01:57 PM   #26 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by everydayflyer View Post
Perhaps the Pro Power 45 would have been a better choice for you than the 65C ones.
No, base on the test I mentioend above I know the best choice for my Protos is the light blue Turnigy 20C 2650. Yes 20C! Since my Protos has super light disc loading, even with just 20C battery it can do hard-stop tic-tocs and other maneuvers no problem. I've already put about 100 flights each in my 20Cs and they cost $22 each. Even if they start to get weak today which I anticipate but has no sign just yet, it's still absolutely no brainer that I'll still buy them again at 1/5th the cost.

Quote:
My LiPoly cost is best on performance and cost per flight. TP PP45C 3S 1300 cost $32 with free shipping from rc lipos.com.
I got my nano 25C 1300 for $9 (or less with buddy code) from HobbyKing US warehouse (takes 3 days to deliver). Even at just 3X cost not 5X cost, choice is still no brainer to me.

Quote:
I routinely get 300 to 500 flights from a TP and most HK nanos and other $10-$15 LiPolys of this size last less than 100 flights and have a performance drop starting at 50 flights or less while the TPs do not have a performance drop at all just a very minor reduction in total flight time if you insist in using greater than 90% of their capacity which I do not.
Maybe you're charging the nanos like you do TPs at bigger than 2C? I charge all my batteries at 2C (I've done long-term test at 1C and made no difference in longetivity) and except for crash damage, accidental over-discharge, etc. all my nanos have no problem lasting more than 100 flights each. I'm still flying my nanos from last Sept with way over 100 flights each and still going strong for my 300X.

Quote:
FYI I get almost as good of performance and cycle life from the Hyperion 35C series . Both the TPs and Hyperions can be charged at 5C which means about 10-12 min. charges so one does not need a pile of Lipolys to fly back to back flights.
I had Hyperion for my mCPx before and my opinion is still the same as way back when. I didn't like the price and they didn't last any longer than my Nanos. I also have Hyperion for my Protos and they are heavier than the Turnigy but provide no extra power enough to be worth it. Who cares about 5C charge when I can charge 5 nanos at 2C and keep them last longer. I fly often with buddy who has generator. Charge 6 or more at once and shut down the generator. I cannot imagine flying 1/5th the number of batteries I have and having to fire up the generator for frequent 10min charges.
Old 07-08-2014, 02:24 PM   #27 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
So you are accusing me of being the only one that thinks CC has issues? A brand new CC 160 ESC shut down on my 700 in flight for no apparent reason and I have the log files to back it up. And with MY experience CC customer support was a PAIN to deal with. This was a 2 month old esc. So my opinion is supported by MY experiences with the product. CC is also well known for blaming the customer first which was well documented with their fires they had. So I am not sure what point you are trying to make other then to start a pissing match. I don't like CC if you do great! This is a Ford/Chevy debate and pointless to try and make someone side with you. I do however run a CC esc in my 300x just so we are a little bit on topic.

No I don't think TP is garbage. Where did I say that? It's interesting how people take simple statements and turn them into something they are not just so they can hear themselves talk. Seems most discussions turn into that lately. I think TP isn't producing the quality they used to but are still charging the higher price for reduced quality. They are able to get that high price based on their prior reputation for producing the best batteries. Take that and twist it into whatever you want.
I was just being facetious. It's a horrible sarcasm bug that I need to squash. Ignore me.

Uriah is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-08-2014, 03:07 PM   #28 (permalink)
Registered Users

This is a surprisingly informative thread. If nothing else, we learn that intelligent people can process similar information and form vastly different value judgements.
megawhacker is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-08-2014, 03:19 PM   #29 (permalink)
Registered Users

WOW I know now why EDF no longer posts data cause most don't want to hear it.
hey in my MCPX converted brushless and the stock MCPX BL. I only fly nano tech 300s the 25 C and tried a 45 C there GREAT. love them. i agree on those buy the cheap ones. cause the TP ones Sucked, hyperions were okay but compared to a NT300 they all sucked. only one battery for the micros were better and that was a mini aviation I tested out it was better then the NT.

but if i want a battery that I know will last me hundreds of flights i will buy Thunder power, and compared to what we paid 10 yrs ago for lipos there still very cheap. No not hobbyking cheap but they are cheap and last.

I have only flown the thunder powers in the 300x so far I have a Nano tech and a Pulse to fly in mine, i am sure both will do fine but I am also sure i won't make it to 100 flights per batt, I be surprised if they do. EDF have a TP battery with like 600 cycles/flights on it, I have never seen any other battery do that.

I do not care what you buy, I do not make money off you buying top brand battery's, I do not make money off anything in the RC world i sure wish i did cause its something I enjoy and good at but sadly I do not.

someone asked for best battery's and i replied. that is all.

Oh an the guy who said paid for testing, HA HA that is a joke if you only knew how much it cost for the test equipment to test battery's and the time it takes. If was being paid it be about $0.25 a hour.I will never be a battery test except in flight cause flying is what i enjoy doing.

For the record I fly (2) billowy 2200 40C and a Gens Ace 25C in my blade 450 and in my airplanes all the time. first 2 are about 130 cycles and still going strong. they compare to TP, and cost about $40 each.
I also like Spyder and hayien batterys for the lil smaller planes I have 800Mah packs. never tried either of there bigger 2200's sure they are great also

Epoweredrc is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-08-2014, 03:31 PM   #30 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleCH View Post
No, base on the test I mentioend above I know the best choice for my Protos is the light blue Turnigy 20C 2650. Yes 20C! Since my Protos has super light disc loading, even with just 20C battery it can do hard-stop tic-tocs and other maneuvers no problem. I've already put about 100 flights each in my 20Cs and they cost $22 each. Even if they start to get weak today which I anticipate but has no sign just yet, it's still absolutely no brainer that I'll still buy them again at 1/5th the cost.
I bought two of the blue turnigy 20C 4S 1300mah for my growing squadron of small and fast funfighter warbirds......and someday they might get used in a stretched 300x with typhoon 450 2215 motor. The 20C ones are low priced, have adequate power, and I don't feel so bad if they get bashed and bruised from being shot down during air combat missions.

************************************************** ************************************************** ***********************

In fact you guys got me fired up to go looking for a couple more 20C 4S lipos right now. I'm kind of like Yosemite Sam......so back off !!!

thruster is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-08-2014, 03:33 PM   #31 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
but I am also sure i won't make it to 100 flights per batt, I be surprised if they do.
Why don't you expect your lipos to last past 100 flights? Like I said even the super cheap Nanotech last 100 flights easy. Why go cheap when you can go super cheap?

Quote:
For the record I fly (2) billowy 2200 40C and a Gens Ace 25C in my blade 450 and in my airplanes all the time. first 2 are about 130 cycles and still going strong. they compare to TP, and cost about $40 each.
My friend flies 25C and 55C Gens Ace with his Protos. They don't seem to last. He gives them away when they get a bit old (not really that old). I dissect them and make 2 3S 2600 packs out of each for my 450 but these Gens Ace are even weaker than my old Nanotech 25C 2200s which I don't take care of.

I've also used 2S Gens Ace for my 130X and my Nanotechs were stronger. Go figure.

Last edited by DoubleCH; 07-09-2014 at 03:10 AM..
Old 07-08-2014, 03:55 PM   #32 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Why don't you expect your lipos to last past 100 flights? Like I said even the super cheap Nanotech last 100 flights easy. Why go cheap when you can go super cheap?

My friend flies 25C and 55C Gens Ace with his Protos. They don't seem to last. He gives them away when they get a bit old (not really that old). I dissect them and make 2 3S 2600 packs out of each but they are even weaker than my old Nanotech 25C 2200s which I don't take care of.

I've also used 2S Gens Ace for my 130X and my Nanotechs were stronger. Go figure.
I don't know, I guess cause my couple of 3s 1000 Gen aces got puffy on me only after a few flights, one only had maybe 12 flights other around 30.. I know different buttery but there cheap.
My 25C gensace 2200 still looks brand new after 41 flights.
I have had only a couple nano tech 300 single cell for the mcpx go to maybe 115-120 flights but it was rare, most only go about 50-80 before there no longer good enough for me to fly in mine. i give my weak battery's for it to my dad for flying cause he just flys slow around and they still do fine.

Old 07-08-2014, 04:27 PM   #33 (permalink)
Closed Account

Quote:
I've used hyperion for my mcpx and my 130x both were crap.
The Nano-Techs were WAY better.

Now the Nano-tech 45C 3S 2200 utter poop puffed like marshmallows on my KDE powered 450. But the A-spec 3S 2200 complete different story best 3S battery I have tried to date by FAR.

I also use the A-spec 6S 5000mAh these are pretty decent batteries as well. The A-spec put out more current then the TP according to the testing by the guy in Seattle. The A-spec2 6S 3200mAh haven't left me that impressed.

I've used Gen Ace 6S 1200 35C and Pulse 6S 45C 1250 and from what I can tell I don't see any difference. One is $10 cheaper

It's why I don't like it when someone just pops off a brand name and because of that brand name assumes its the best. I've found that for different size batteries it can vary widely. Which is why I asked the question which is the best for the 300X specifically. The 25C 1500 you recommended has been working pretty good!
Old 07-08-2014, 04:42 PM   #34 (permalink)
The Airetic

Old 07-08-2014, 06:00 PM   #35 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
I've used hyperion for my mcpx and my 130x both were crap.
The Nano-Techs were WAY better.

Now the Nano-tech 45C 3S 2200 utter poop puffed like marshmallows on my KDE powered 450. But the A-spec 3S 2200 complete different story best 3S battery I have tried to date by FAR.

I also use the A-spec 6S 5000mAh these are pretty decent batteries as well. The A-spec put out more current then the TP according to the testing by the guy in Seattle. The A-spec2 6S 3200mAh haven't left me that impressed.

I've used Gen Ace 6S 1200 35C and Pulse 6S 45C 1250 and from what I can tell I don't see any difference. One is $10 cheaper

It's why I don't like it when someone just pops off a brand name and because of that brand name assumes its the best. I've found that for different size batteries it can vary widely. Which is why I asked the question which is the best for the 300X specifically. The 25C 1500 you recommended has been working pretty good!
Totally agree that is why i said the TP for the MCPX sucked, along with the hyperions but I have never had a bad TP, hyperion that was a 2-3 cell 300-2200. They have all been great.

Old 07-08-2014, 06:43 PM   #36 (permalink)
Closed Account

Quote:
Totally agree that is why i said the TP for the MCPX sucked, along with the hyperions but I have never had a bad TP, hyperion that was a 2-3 cell 300-2200. They have all been great.
Compare it to an A-spec 3S 2200 and it might change your mind. The A-spec is $28 if I remember correctly, it will take everything you can throw at it. Very hard to beat the performance you get out of that battery.
Old 07-09-2014, 03:36 AM   #37 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
The 25C 1500 you recommended has been working pretty good!
Excellent! I found if I don't accidentally over-discharge them current-wise and capacity-wise or crash with them they'll last quite some time (enough to be worth the low cost). I'm still flying my Nano 25C 1500s from last Sept, with probably about 120-150 flights in them. Hack I'm even flying my stock E-Flite packs from 1.5 years ago with probably 200 flights in them each although a bit weaker, as shown in my "Connecting the dots..." thread.
Old 07-17-2014, 03:57 PM   #38 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Well I could have said buy thunder power 65c battery's but most here wouldn't want to pay $65 for a battery, and or a Hyperion both of those are top name battery's but truth be told the battery's i said can hang pretty well with those. TP still be on very top but truth is any battery today is lot better then what I had to fly with 8 yrs ago when the best battery was 7c and cost $65 back then. took a hour hour/half to charge the thing and we didn't have balance chargers
Oh I remember those dark days. The worse was when I got the first gen Trex 600 and the cheapest 6s 4k 15c batteries were $300. They puffed after a few cycles. I sold the 600 shortly after buying it. Hobbyking busted that overpriced lipo BS up. I thought nano tech's were the sh!t. Then about six months after there introduction, they went down hill. Lots of complaints about there longevity on the forums. Most of mine went limp after a dozen or so flights. The cheaper zippy's have always served me well and give great bang for the buck. Glaciers have been impressing me also.
dhc8guru is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in