Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > bavarianDEMON/HeliCommand

bavarianDEMON/HeliCommand Factory Sponsored Bavarian DEMON and HeliCommand Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-09-2014, 09:32 AM   #21 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thank you rhodesengr for your verification and for your mix values.

Indeed having a switch assigned to the Aux 2 channel was the problem. After going to Channel Assign> Switches and inhibiting the switch assignment for the Aux 2 channel your mix programs work perfectly on the DX9.

Yes it would be nice if Spektrum/HH would clean up and add information to their manuals. Not having this information available cost me about 6 hours of time over a couple days to find as you said that having a switch assigned causes the TX to add the switches values to the mix.
Advertisement

Old 02-09-2014, 11:53 AM   #22 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

Well glad you got it working. While the manual is poor, the support in the DX18 thread on RCG is very good. Andy Kunz who writes the firmware answer questions directly. I have had to post there several times to figure out how to use my DX18. I've complained about the manual situation and he says they just want him writing software and not writing manuals.
Old 02-09-2014, 10:50 PM   #23 (permalink)
Registered Users

I don't have a account there. Might have to check it out.

Thank you for your help.
Old 03-04-2014, 08:42 PM   #24 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default DX9 and 3SX question / help

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhodesengr View Post
Here is how I setup my Horizon channel on my DX18. I believe this scheme will also work on the new DX9.

In this example, the Horizon channel uses Aux 2. The Push-button for Rescue is switch I . I have switch F for Self level. There are two mixes
Mix1:
I>Aux2 (assigns the pushbutton to channel Aux2)
Rate 0 110 (this sends -110 out Aux 2 when I push Switch I)
Offset 0
Switch ON

Mix 2:
F>Aux 2 (this also assigns switch F to drive channel Aux 2)
Rate 17% -30%
Offset 0
Switch I
black zero, white 1

This sends zero when F is centered (position 1), +17 when its in position 0, and +30 when its in position 2. Zero is no SL, +17 is a mild SL, and +30 is a moderate SL. You can change the 17 and -30 values to your liking. Note that you need a negative number in the right rate-field to get a positive output.

Also, notice how Mix 2 is switched by Switch I. With the logic set as indicated (black 0, white 1), Mix 2 is turned off when you press the Pushbutton. So Mix 1 overrides Mix 2 and you always get -110 when you press the button no matter where Switch F is.

There is nothing sacred about the switch choices. You can also use the Clear or Back as the pushbutton but they do other built in things as well. You can uses any switch you want to the SL.
Post deleted
XL V2, Soxos 7.1L - Previous: Kraken 580, Nimbus, Protos 380, Kraken 700, Diabolo 700, Oxy 5/2, Logo 600 / 550SX, Protos 700, Synergy 516, Velos 880, Gaui X7 / X5, Goblin 380, Blade 120SR/180SR/ mcpx BL/300X/450XL, Align 700X/150/Leap 3D

Last edited by gtruk; 03-04-2014 at 08:43 PM.. Reason: Meant to be private
gtruk is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-07-2014, 06:11 AM   #25 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Here is how I setup my Horizon channel on my DX18. I believe this scheme will also work on the new DX9.

In this example, the Horizon channel uses Aux 2. The Push-button for Rescue is switch I . I have switch F for Self level. There are two mixes
Mix1:
I>Aux2 (assigns the pushbutton to channel Aux2)
Rate 0 110 (this sends -110 out Aux 2 when I push Switch I)
Offset 0
Switch ON

Mix 2:
F>Aux 2 (this also assigns switch F to drive channel Aux 2)
Rate 17% -30%
Offset 0
Switch I
black zero, white 1

This sends zero when F is centered (position 1), +17 when its in position 0, and +30 when its in position 2. Zero is no SL, +17 is a mild SL, and +30 is a moderate SL. You can change the 17 and -30 values to your liking. Note that you need a negative number in the right rate-field to get a positive output.

Also, notice how Mix 2 is switched by Switch I. With the logic set as indicated (black 0, white 1), Mix 2 is turned off when you press the Pushbutton. So Mix 1 overrides Mix 2 and you always get -110 when you press the button no matter where Switch F is.

There is nothing sacred about the switch choices. You can also use the Clear or Back as the pushbutton but they do other built in things as well. You can uses any switch you want to the SL.

Not sure what I am doing wrong, but I can't get MIX 2 to work. MIX 1 worked once I set my travel on Aux 2 to 0. I attached some screenshots of my dx9. I hope it will help. Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10-07-2014, 09:12 AM   #26 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

go into System Setup/Channel Assign and make sure you have Aux2 set to INH. If you also have a switch set there. The switch is combining with the mix. You should not need to change the Travels like that. Travels are only used to calibrate the bars on Diagnose.
Old 10-07-2014, 09:29 AM   #27 (permalink)
Registered Users

Ok. I'll try it when I get home

Old 10-07-2014, 11:34 AM   #28 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

The basic idea is to make sure only the Mix is driving Aux2. There are various places in the TX where you can inadvertently get second sources to signal on a channel. In addition to Channel Assign, the Gyro page and the Gov page also need to be checked to make sure they are not coupling to Aux2.

Also, if you are trying to end up with +17 and +30 SL levels, the "17" in Mix2 needs to be negative i.e. "-17".

I have since moved my Mix2 to the two-position switch A so I either have 0 rigid or +40 for SL.

Make sure you get the right values on the monitor screen , the make sure you get the right values on the Diagnose tab. Then you are good to fly.
Old 10-07-2014, 12:47 PM   #29 (permalink)
Registered Users

Ok. I got mix 2 to work on my TX. I didn't know about setting up the values in the digital switch set up menu. I still need to see this work in the software.
What value should I give it in mix2 if I just want it to go level in case of tail loss?

Old 10-07-2014, 03:43 PM   #30 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtrsteele View Post
What value should I give it in mix2 if I just want it to go level in case of tail loss?
not sure about digitial switch setup menu. Maybe that is a DX9 thing?

try SL maybe around +40
Old 10-07-2014, 05:25 PM   #31 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default DX18 Horizon setup

Still having problems. Whatever I assign on the digital witch set up (c) doesn't hold. Arg. As soon as I power off the Tx and turn back on it doesn't work anymore. I can't get this mix 2 to work. What am I missing here?

Old 10-07-2014, 06:46 PM   #32 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I don't see anything in the DX9 manual called "digital switch setup". Can you post a screen shot of where you are trying to do this?

There was also a DX9 thread a while back. You might look through that and/or post and/or ask a DX9 owner. So far, it seems other DX9 users have not had an issue with the mixes.

https://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=570708
Old 10-07-2014, 06:58 PM   #33 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I found this:
"Digital Switch Setup (DSS) lets you assign specific numeric output values to each position on the switch. Normally, position 0 is one end of the travel range of the servo/channel, position 1 is in the middle, and position 2 is the other end of the travel range. With default settings, that's going to be -100% / 0% / +100% as possible outputs, and that works fine for many things"

This would be something that you would instead of the mixes. This is the sort of thing I was talking about with conflicts or multiple areas in the TX driving the same channel. If you use DSS, don't also use Mixes. If you use Mixes, don't also use DSS.

The advantage of the Mixes I posted is that the Rescue mix overrides the SL switch. If you press switch I, you will send -100 not matter where your switch C is set.
Old 10-07-2014, 08:28 PM   #34 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
I found this:
"Digital Switch Setup (DSS) lets you assign specific numeric output values to each position on the switch. Normally, position 0 is one end of the travel range of the servo/channel, position 1 is in the middle, and position 2 is the other end of the travel range. With default settings, that's going to be -100% / 0% / +100% as possible outputs, and that works fine for many things"

This would be something that you would instead of the mixes. This is the sort of thing I was talking about with conflicts or multiple areas in the TX driving the same channel. If you use DSS, don't also use Mixes. If you use Mixes, don't also use DSS.

The advantage of the Mixes I posted is that the Rescue mix overrides the SL switch. If you press switch I, you will send -100 not matter where your switch C is set.

I can inhibited the digital switch set up, but then C won't work. Is not working now. I'll post some pics tomorrow. Maybe you can tell me what I'm doing wrong.

Old 10-08-2014, 12:13 AM   #35 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

you might try starting with a new model so you have all the defaults. Then just add the two mixes and nothing else. Then you can look at the various screens and see what is different. If you start a new model, make sure to set Aux2 to Inh in Channel Assign
Old 10-08-2014, 05:04 AM   #36 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default DX18 Horizon setup

Quote:
you might try starting with a new model so you have all the defaults. Then just add the two mixes and nothing else. Then you can look at the various screens and see what is different. If you start a new model, make sure to set Aux2 to Inh in Channel Assign

I think that's a good idea, but first I'll HH. Maybe thank shed some light on the subject. I would rather not go thru all that set up again if I don't have too. If not I'll start over.

Old 10-08-2014, 09:11 AM   #37 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
I think that's a good idea, but first I'll HH. Maybe thank shed some light on the subject. I would rather not go thru all that set up again if I don't have too. If not I'll start over.

HH said to create a new model too and see if mix 2 would work. I did and it doesn't. Argh. I guess I'll read through the DX9 and see what they are doing differently than the DX18..

Old 10-08-2014, 11:32 AM   #38 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
HH said to create a new model too and see if mix 2 would work. I did and it doesn't. Argh. I guess I'll read through the DX9 and see what they are doing differently than the DX18..

You can get forum based support direct from Spektrum on rcgroups.com. Go to the radios section and find the main DX9 thread. I am sure you are just missing something simple. Many others have used that set of mixes on the DX9. See post #21 of the DX9 thread here. Just before the cyclic-off mixes.
Old 10-08-2014, 11:34 AM   #39 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
You can get forum based support direct from Spektrum on rcgroups.com. Go to the radios section and find the main DX9 thread. I am sure you are just missing something simple. Many others have used that set of mixes on the DX9. See post #21 of the DX9 thread here. Just before the cyclic-off mixes.

Thanks for giving me the post 21. I hope it helps.

Old 10-08-2014, 11:39 AM   #40 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Thanks for giving me the post 21. I hope it helps.
It is the same Mix except using a two position switch to get zero fro Rigid and +40 for SL. My point is that it is documented to work in the DX9.

When you say "it doesn't work", that does not help much. Perhaps you can say exactly where the Aux2 channels go when you operate the the switch or even better post a video of you servo screen and narrate what you are doing with the switches.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in