Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Airplanes Info and Support > Airplane Related

Airplane Related R/C Airplanes Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-23-2013, 12:37 PM   #21 (permalink)
Registered Users

Durafly Skyradier. Nice and easy to fly. No bad tendencies. A winner. Stay away from the Corsair. Those gull wings make it hard to land.
pjuran is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-23-2013, 01:04 PM   #22 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I'm basically a sport flier. A buddy let me try his 3D foamie. He took off and handed me the Tx. I was able to do figure 8's, loops, rolls, and fly inverted. I handed it back and he landed the plane. Heli skills translate!

I bought a TechOne Swift. You can get it for around $100 with motor, prop, servo's and ESC.

It's only downfall is it's not good in wind.
Old 12-23-2013, 01:20 PM   #23 (permalink)
Registered Users

T-28 is great to learn on and can be quite acrobatic if you want (not including knife edges and hovering). It can be very docile with the rates turned down.

That being the case, if you don't have a runway or the grass is too high, it is very easy to hand-launch. With a partner to launch for you, it's a total snap. If you are by yourself, the first time is fairly hairy and you have to be quick on the elevator, but it is still very easy.
"Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things"
Swedishe is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-23-2013, 03:03 PM   #24 (permalink)
Registered Users

Goldberg Tiger 60 or Tiger 2 (40) You can get these as an ARF or a full kit build. With the proper help you would be several years out growing one. Good Luck and have fun.
Old 12-24-2013, 09:27 AM   #25 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh S View Post
Thing of trying a plane this summer have six helis so I think I will try a plane
What something to start with that will not out grow to quick
I started flying my first model plane in 1970,it was a Cessna. I still like flying Cessnas,they being a high wing plane it is an easy bird to fly. Here are a couple I have. http://www.valuehobby.com/airplanes/...essna-182.html http://www.valuehobby.com/airplanes/...essna-182.html The first one is foam but for the money it is a heck of a plane. The second one is balsa and fiberglass. The nice thing about this one is you can use electric or glow. I am using a 4 stroke. Good Luck! I forgot to add the foam plane has a 55" wing span the balsa a 65" wing span so they are nice size planes.
cyjonz is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-25-2013, 09:36 AM   #26 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Stiks are decent learning planes. Set them up tame and they just float, crank up the throws and they can be fun. I learned airplanes on a skanky old Hobbico 40 size high wing trainer and had outgrown it within a month and crashed it trying to get it to do stuff it just wasn't meant to. I had a Pulse XT60 that was a great plane, flew mild to fairly spicy and looked pretty good. Had a 60 size Super Stick that was my beater/winter plane and it worked well. I also had an Sbach 242 but that is not a beginner plane. Now I am into Cubs. I have a 40 size Hanger 9 and am building a 1/4 scale Cub. Just like the laid back flying you do with them.
700 size scale Bell Jet Ranger 206BIII, 450 size scale UH-1N, 180 size fpv race/freestyle quad w/Fatshark Dominator V3 goggles, mCPX BL, some edf jets and a plank or two, DX8, AMA# 923167, Clubs: Silver Hills RC, Coeur D Alene Modelers Association
JasonJ is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-25-2013, 05:19 PM   #27 (permalink)
HF MR Support

Default Tech One SU 31

Anyone flying one of these? I am building one now and just need the servo "Y" and 2- 8" extensions to get it in the air...any tricks on the set up for these?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in