Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Skookum Robotics

Skookum Robotics Skookum Robotics SK-360 SK-540 & SK-720 Digital Flybar

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-27-2012, 04:06 AM   #21 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by martin_ View Post
You adjust with your TX pitch curve for less negative pitch, like we do on our 3D heli in normal mode, something like: 35-45-50-75-100, or whatever the curve you want which give you the pitch you want.
That is pretty much what I do - I have owned pod & booms for over 4 years, and have always set up my Normal curve this way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oilsands View Post
So you mention "I have it set up so that my swash range with a full linear pitch curve (0-100) is around -2.6° to +20°, then I dropped my upper pitch curve number back to 65 (in the Tx) to give me a range of -2.6° to +11°.", try and adjust your linkages and servo arms mechanically to get the pitch -2.6 to +20 that you are getting to the -2.6 to +11 that you want (this should mean moving the ball link on the servo horn in more). Make sure the Travel adjust % (under the swash servo tab) is set to 125 for all your servos, then after adjusting your linkages to get as close to the -2.6 to +11 that you want use the servo travel % to get the pitch angle bang on (your pitch curve in your Tx should be at 0 to 100 when doing this). Then use your pitch curves in your Tx to adjust your pitch the way you want it.
This will be easier on your servos, provide a better ratio to the servos and aileron/elevator/pitch, and smooth out the sticks so that they are not touchy.
Oilsands, as you noted in your next post, I tried moving the ball, and could not achieve the Skookum recommended ±10° of cyclic pitch. Are you referring to something else ?

Quote:
Another thing is you said "I also tried moving the servo arm (Futaba BLS 252 star-shaped arm) ball position from 4th (outer) hole to the second hole. This allowed me to go from 35 to about 55 on my collective swash setting to get a decent collective pitch range), but I could not get more than 6° of cyclic pitch, even with the swash mixes set on 64. I also noticed a bit of binding at extremities.", was this adjustment done after setting your pitch angles and curve?
I reset the pitch curve to a linear 0-100 pitch curve in the Tx.

Quote:
Almost thinking it may be easier to "reset to scale" and go through the setup wizard again, but adjusting the linkages before using your pitch angles or SK-720 swash travel settings to adjust your max angles of your controls. Then tweak your settings in the Cyclic and Tail tabs.
I am not sure how this would help - most of my settings are still pretty close to the default "Scale" settings.

Quote:
Lock Cyclic Gain
This allows you to lock in the value for overall cyclic gain, which the gyro uses to scale the Hiller and Damping gains. The gyro will then only pay attention to the gain channel for selecting this bank, but it will ignore the % value the channel has.
Yep, I read the manual - I use a traditional Rx, so I can either lock the tail gain and use the Tx for cyclic, or lock cyclic and use the Tx for the tail gain - my preference is to have the tail gain on the Tx, so I lock the cyclic gain in Skookum. I was asking what affect reducing the gain number from, say, 51% down to, say, 40% would do ?

Quote:
So if you use the Skookum for setting almost everything including the servo travels, your pitch angles should be the -2.6 to +11 before adjusting your Tx pitch curves which means you should have 100 for a max pitch setting (+11) and 0 for a min (-2.6) on the Tx. Use the pitch curve to adjust your pitch at mid stick, etc.
I am not sure what you are getting at ? I only really use the servo travels to ensure that I am getting a level swash from low stick to high stick - I have never heard of using travels to set the pitch angles. If I am getting up to 20° pitch mechanically with a linear 0-100 Tx pitch curve, how is this going to be reduced to 11° in the Skookum without changing the Tx pitch curve ? Perhaps I am mis-understanding what you are saying. With -2 to +11, I don't want to or need to adjust my pitch curve at midstick because it will give me around 5° at midstick which is ideal for scale.

Thanks for the replies.
Colin
Baumann EC-145 800+ (coming soon )
Andy01 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in