Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Walkera Helicopters > Ufly

Ufly Walkera Ufly Helicopter Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-06-2010, 09:12 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Digital Tail Servo

I have the Hot Rod Ufly and when I give the heli some left stick to turn the nose right or left the servo chatters really bad. I checked to see if any teeth are missing or damaged but they all look fine to me. Anybody having this problem or know what it could be?
js349 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-07-2010, 11:11 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Tail Servo chatter

I had that same problem with original analog servo.Try tightening the collar around the main shaft and also make sure the boom is pushed all the way in.Gyro sensitivity might be to high also.If gears are all in good shape and still chatters its probably time for a new servo.I also have the upgrade with the new digital tail servo and the 2428rx and it now is silent and holds great.To many crashes may have damaged my original,the digital is fine for now.My cyclics were twitchy so i replaced with the Digital ino-labs and they are now rock solid also.No more unexpected movements.Worth the investment.Good luck.
NuFlyA is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-07-2010, 12:06 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Twitching servo

Forgot to mention,make sure your Tx batteries are not low,this can cause the heli to do strange things.Just learned this myself.Make sure gear that drives tail is not missing teeth or rounded.Its easy to miss.I changed all gears for the hell of it once and it quieted down.Sometimes its the smallest thing.
Old 04-07-2010, 02:31 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by NuFlyA View Post
I had that same problem with original analog servo.Try tightening the collar around the main shaft and also make sure the boom is pushed all the way in.Gyro sensitivity might be to high also.If gears are all in good shape and still chatters its probably time for a new servo.I also have the upgrade with the new digital tail servo and the 2428rx and it now is silent and holds great.To many crashes may have damaged my original,the digital is fine for now.My cyclics were twitchy so i replaced with the Digital ino-labs and they are now rock solid also.No more unexpected movements.Worth the investment.Good luck.
Thanks for the reply! I checked all the gears with magnification and they all looked good. I didn't try tightening the collar or making sure the boom was pushed in all the way so I'll have to check that when I get home. My Ufly is the upgraded Hot Rod version and the servo is digital and I have the 2428rx and I haven't had or flown the heli for very long so if the servo isn't any better than that...well. Where did you get your digital servo and what brand is it?
Old 04-07-2010, 08:21 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by js349 View Post
Thanks for the reply! I checked all the gears with magnification and they all looked good. I didn't try tightening the collar or making sure the boom was pushed in all the way so I'll have to check that when I get home. My Ufly is the upgraded Hot Rod version and the servo is digital and I have the 2428rx and I haven't had or flown the heli for very long so if the servo isn't any better than that...well. Where did you get your digital servo and what brand is it?
After taking the tail out of the heli, I found the problem and it was a missing tooth on the small tail gear that meshes with the main gear - what a pain in the ***. I happened to have several spares and after much trial and error, got the tail back in the heli (hopefully correctly) and all is well.
Old 04-08-2010, 07:20 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Tail servo

Glad to hear you found and fixed problem.My tail servo is the digital one that came with the upgrade.its actually from the Walkera 60B.Working fine so far.The cyclic servos i replaced with ino-lab D202HB digitals,there about 10% faster and dont jump around at all.Her is a link. any on this page will fit.I have read only really good things about these.http://www.helidirect.com/servos-mic...6_597_1341.hdx.Definately make sure small gear is pushed all the way in onto main gear.It will last much longer.Wow even acknowledged this problem.
Old 04-24-2010, 11:14 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Let me see if I got this.
I understand that in the upgrade kit that comes with the digital tail servo is the walkera 60 servo. I see that they can be had for $12.00 here
http://www.hobby-wing.com/hm-60b-b-z-31.html
What would be the benefit of doing the ino-lab servos then?

Also, for quicker cyclic, Why could you not use a couple of these 60 servos?

I'm just trying to figure it all out keeping price in mind..
Thanks.//
darmie is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-24-2010, 04:29 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

I guess i go with what i hear is a good combo and recommendations from a dude called dkfuji who modes this heli with great results.Also im sure the inos are much better quality.Im basically a newbie and im learning alot from rc groups and helifreak.Im very happy with the upgrades ive made so far,they have made my heli much easier to fly.
Old 04-24-2010, 11:46 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Yes, I agree. I've been reading most of what dkfuji has been doing. It's really hard to keep up with. I'm looking forward to the wow super fly upgrade and then the plan after that will be better servos for the cyclic.
darmie is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in