Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Jeti Duplex Radio Systems

Jeti Duplex Radio Systems Jeti Duplex Radio Systems Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-18-2013, 01:42 PM   #41 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Did I brick my DS-16?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puttputt maru View Post
I record the Ivona voice with the audacity program as per

http://www.mfv-marbach.ch/index.php/...s-16-erstellen

I have no problem with updates on Mac but if I load these saved sound files directly from my Mac to the Tx then I get the Invalid. Same files saved but transferred on a USB and loaded to Tx through a PC no problems.
The audacity app is responsible for creating the invalid riff header. It's been k own to do that. I stopped using it after a few trials long long ago.

It seems like transferring them to the USB drive and to a windows system is somehow cleaning it for you. Nice.

You could use the paid Ivona app on the windows end and do everything from the windows end...

I use the paid app on windows, but go back to the mac side to post-produce the audio files with Adobe Audition, before transferring them to the TX through Mac. This is easy and seamless using parallels on a Mac Pro. On a 'smaller' Mac it may not be as smooth.
Groucho_ is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-18-2013, 02:04 PM   #42 (permalink)
Registered Users

Ok thanks. I don't have much sound needs now, I did most already.
I like the portability of the tablet so actually this turned out easier, windows is a minor irritant.
I never did like parallel for Mac.
Old 09-19-2013, 05:03 PM   #43 (permalink)
Registered Users

I believe you could also connect to your MAC through Bootcamp. I'm running a number of Windows programs through it. The only disadvantage to it over Parallels that I am aware of is that you can't switch between the two operating systems "on the fly." You have to shutdown and restart. for me that has not been an issue.

Lars
LarsL is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-19-2013, 06:10 PM   #44 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thanks LarsL, I knew about bootcamp too.

I am just basically not keen on windows. I am a recreational user of my iMac and it suits me just great because everything works easy. Windows could too probably but when I came to Mac from windows it was out of frustration and Mac was as simple as it could get for my use. So the more I don't have to use windows the better for me.
Old 09-30-2013, 08:41 PM   #45 (permalink)
Registered Users

I had the same problem with the hidden files...

I didn't use any software on the mac to make the audio files, I have an account with an online text to speech service and download the .wav directly.

I got the same invalid RIFF message until using an app to clean the hidden files. Instantly after cleaning the files the problem went away.

Did the main issue of the OP ever get sorted?
Align T-Rex 600 EFL Pro, SK720/600MX/YGE-90HV/BL9180/BL9188
zeeflyboy is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-01-2013, 06:27 PM   #46 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeeflyboy View Post

Did the main issue of the OP ever get sorted?
Yes, I received a replacement unti from Esprit.
bobloblaw is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-20-2013, 02:37 PM   #47 (permalink)
Registered Users

I just updated mine to 2.2 and restarted it. It has had the green light on for about 15 min now and the screen is blank/off. Is this normal? How long does the update process take?
Spinny02 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-20-2013, 03:18 PM   #48 (permalink)
Registered Users

it came back to life took about 20 min.
Spinny02 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-25-2015, 06:29 AM   #49 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Unfortunately, I'm having a similar problem with a DS-14, but on a PC. Got my Activation file from Jeti this morning, extracted it, connected the DS-14, pasted the extracted file to the root structure. Disconnected USB. Different from the instructions the the radio asked me to hold the"power and esc"

Followed by the Bootloader and then MCU list, and then:

Update file not found

Connect USB and upload firmware
Hold PWR+ESC buttons to power off/reset

I tried everything listed above, format existing card, download new files, same message.
Tried new SD card (16gb instead of 4gb though), formatted and new files, same message.

Guess I'm out of luck for a while. Will try Esprit today, but I'm guessing they're off for Memorial Day.

Sigh...........
sctholson is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-25-2015, 09:53 AM   #50 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

So, the SD card wasn't the issue,The radio was waiting to update the firmware and not the activation. Since the radio firmware was the same number as the update I hadn't done the firmware update. When I copied the activation info over to the radio it began the firmware update. Odd or it's something I did. Either way I'm up and running and the activation is done.
Love the this radio so far, was annoyed at myself all morning for getting stuck.
Scott
Quote:
Originally Posted by sctholson View Post
Unfortunately, I'm having a similar problem with a DS-14, but on a PC. Got my Activation file from Jeti this morning, extracted it, connected the DS-14, pasted the extracted file to the root structure. Disconnected USB. Different from the instructions the the radio asked me to hold the"power and esc"

Followed by the Bootloader and then MCU list, and then:

Update file not found

Connect USB and upload firmware
Hold PWR+ESC buttons to power off/reset

I tried everything listed above, format existing card, download new files, same message.
Tried new SD card (16gb instead of 4gb though), formatted and new files, same message.

Guess I'm out of luck for a while. Will try Esprit today, but I'm guessing they're off for Memorial Day.

Sigh...........
sctholson is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-25-2015, 11:05 AM   #51 (permalink)
Registered Users

Glad you're ok Scott - enjoy!
Only Fine Helis is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in