Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Antique Out of Production and Vintage Helicopters > E-Sky Helicopters > Belt CP

Belt CP E-Sky Belt CP

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-22-2010, 11:22 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default 2 Crqashed Belts

Hi guys. Newb here. Have been reading a lot. I received two belt cp's from my dad. He bought them at a rummage sale for about $100 total. The one was o.k. the other was crashed. He tried flying the one, ( he has never flown one before) says he had it up about 7ft and the it (as he put it) let go and went crazy and crashed.
Long story short i have two crashed belts. Among other parts i will need, I have looked at the one that he "flew" and only one servo was working. What are some good replacement servos? I have heard the esky ones are not that good.
I also am up for suggestions for replacement battery and speed controller. Will need these for the parts copter to get it flying.
Would like to get them both flying again.
Thanks in advance guys.
boknox is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-22-2010, 12:36 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Hi boknox

Welcome to the forum
There are several options for the servo's like sg90 or mg90 but do a little search on our forum you will come across more servo's mentioned over here you just have to choose the ones that suits you the most (stay away from the esky ones ), good batteries are zippy's, kong power ect ,don't go higher then 2200mA or they won't fit the belt, most 40A esc's will do and most of them will be better than the Esky's.
I am sure there will be more sugestions to come
Old 05-22-2010, 12:44 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

As I am assuming you have a stock radio and want to keep expenses down, sg90mg for the servos is probably your best bet. Mg means metal gears, won't strip so easy.
Esc is crap, get rid of it, they catch fire all the time. I only use Castle Castle creations, expensive but you get what you pay for. Increas the amp rating to 45 amps, that way it will serve any 450 need you will encounter in the future.
For batteries I really like Zippy 2200 mah, from HobbyKing.
Old 05-26-2010, 05:16 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Default Battery

Thanks for the information guys. I have another noob question. If i do get a bigger battery will i have to also get a different charger? I am asuming i do. Any suggestions on this?
boknox is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-26-2010, 05:40 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Same charger will do, if you get a 2200 over an 1800 it will just take proportionally longer. That having been said, the stock charger takes forever. Mine seemed to balance okay, don't know if I was lucky, but it took 4 1/2 hours to charge the damned stock battery.

The first charger I got after the stock one was an Imax B6, which I was perfectly happy with, until I really stepped up my flying time and number of batteries, and then I got a Cellpro 10S, but they are way more expensive, and you have to be sure you are in it for the long haul before you decide to spend that much on a charger. I have to say though, it is a superb charger.

The Imax B6 though, or similar, there seem to be several types out there that are all based on the same guts, did me proud, and is still going strong. With an adapter, so you can put 2 x 3S into the one 6S port on the B6, and my Cellpro, I can get four batteries from storage to fully charged in half an hour, which means I can just think, I know, I'll have a fly, stick them all on and in no time flat I am off outside for a fly.

Cheers

Sutty
sutty is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in