Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Mikado Logo Helicopters > Mikado Logo 700 Xxtreme

Mikado Logo 700 Xxtreme Mikado Logo 700 Xxtreme Helicopters Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-06-2014, 03:47 AM   #21 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

For the record:
Motor: soldered by me/works with a Castle
YGE to motor: soldered by me
TGE to lipo's: soldered b me
My YGE was tested in a Logo 800 by Ron@MikadoUSA and found to be in working order. That would mean all the connections on the YGE (soldered by me) must be good. Over the 13+ years at TRW I have well over a quarter of a million solder joints ranging from thru hole to fine pitch. I have had extensive training, certification, and recertification. I'm not saying "I'm perfect", but I have the upmost faith in my abilities and my weller station.
The truly sad part about this is I sold my Synergy E5 to get the 700. My E5 would hover inverted HANDS OFF for at least 45sec with the Vbar...not kidding. Now I have the 700 I wanted (since around Xmas of 2013) and have one flight on it with a Castle. Take a guess where my frustration level is

VCONTROL*NEO*TRIBUNUS*MKS*VTX*DPL8 W/BUMP CONTROL*MEANWELL
Corvette & Copter Guy is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-06-2014, 10:28 AM   #22 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Just got off the phone with MikadoUSA. I will be sending the YGE in again and it will be expedited to Germany to be analyzed. I was told they will be in contact with YGE about fast-tracking it for a fast turn around. If found to be defective, a new one will be sent to me.
What does all that mean...I will be buying a Castle 160 this week so I can go flying this weekend. I refuse to keep my 700 on the shelf and not fly it. I really hope YGE finds something wrong with it and replaces it. The situation has left me wondering about my future purchases.

Corvette & Copter Guy is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-06-2014, 07:40 PM   #23 (permalink)
Registered Users

Bummer, I'm glad I swapped out my Kos 200HV for the YGE included in the 700XX bundle.

Don't need that kind of frustration.
EEngineer is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-06-2014, 10:01 PM   #24 (permalink)
Registered Users

EDIT ..

There must be something else wrong if it works fine in ron's 800

Is there a chance you could do a motor swap test ?

From what I've gathered it has to be the motor or vbar somehow.

As big of a kontronic fan as I am , the YGE is a good esc ( I re-did the mounting method ) and works very well with the vbar gov as intended.

I still have my first kon esc I bought , old jazz 55.

Martin
Logo 600 8917/ 9188 4035-500 VBC NEO

Last edited by rcmarty; 05-08-2014 at 12:19 AM.. Reason: esc works on ron's 800.
rcmarty is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-07-2014, 12:06 AM   #25 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Ron keeps telling me there is nothing wrong with the ESC and must be in my model. I did not run the vgov when the castle was in it. I was just happy to get a flight on it. Hope I can make it to IRCHA this year. My thoughts on this mater will be heard.

Old 05-07-2014, 06:11 AM   #26 (permalink)
Registered Users

Make sure you guys know, I installed his ESC on my XXtreme 800 with no changes and it flew perfectly for a 5 minute flight. No kicks, no cut offs, no issues at all. Mikadousa Is still going to solve this for him …….Ron
Old 05-07-2014, 11:43 AM   #27 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laughingstill View Post
Make sure you guys know, I installed his ESC on my XXtreme 800 with no changes and it flew perfectly for a 5 minute flight. No kicks, no cut offs, no issues at all. Mikadousa Is still going to solve this for him …….Ron
In post #21 I said you tested it and it was fine. That's what I don't understand. I guess there could be a Vbar issue but I don't ever remember reading about anyone having one. I also don't know why all of a sudden I have the 6-beep code issue. The motor wires were not disconnected. Although I do love flying the 800 and 480 I want to get the 700 in the air in the worst way. For the record...the 480 is awesome! A great addition to the Mikado line-up. My main gear was a little out of round but should be fine. At least if I strip it out I can auto it down.

Old 05-15-2014, 04:58 PM   #28 (permalink)
Registered Users

Ok guys here we go. I just set up a castle edge 160 hv while the YGE is gone for corvette guy. He has been at my house all day today. After installing only the castle and the same motor is on it and the same vbar. Got all the idle ups set and the throttle hold set. Took it out and flew it and it works perfectly. No motor cutting no stalling nothing. I know Ron put this on his 800 and it worked but there has to be something wrong with the YGE. Maybe his bigger motor got the power to flow through it better or something I don't know but at least the heli is flying. The YGE is now sent it and at least he has another esc just in case one craps on him after that one gets back.
Old 05-17-2014, 10:26 AM   #29 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

A VERY VERY special thanks for ALL the help they have been in this matter. The Castle they let me use and the one I purchased both work perfectly. I have not heard anything about my YGE since it showed up at MikadoUSA.

Old 05-17-2014, 10:37 AM   #30 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcmarty View Post
EDIT ..

There must be something else wrong if it works fine in ron's 800 Not sure if he ran it on 12s or 14s. (are all YGE 160's set up for 14s?)

Is there a chance you could do a motor swap test ? The motor work fine with two different Castle ESC's.

From what I've gathered it has to be the motor or vbar somehow. The Vgov works just fine.

Martin
Ryan did a test flight on the 700 with the new castle on it. He didn't fly it like he does his Rush but the model worked the way a Mikado should.....flawlessly! With the same motor/Vbar (from the combo) the model has issues with the YGE but not two different Castle ESC's. I am 100% convinced its the YGE in some way shape or form. There is NO other option.

Old 05-17-2014, 01:36 PM   #31 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corvette & Copter Guy View Post
A VERY VERY special thanks for ALL the help they have been in this matter. The Castle they let me use and the one I purchased both work perfectly. I have not heard anything about my YGE since it showed up at MikadoUSA.
We are awaiting an answer from Germany...
Old 05-17-2014, 07:01 PM   #32 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laughingstill View Post
We are awaiting an answer from Germany...
Good to hear. I am looking forward to hearing what they have to say.

Old 06-04-2014, 12:18 PM   #33 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Well guys my YGE was found to have an issue and a new one is on the way. I'm very glad they found something wrong with it and it wasn't me. Looks like it will be a back-up one....or maybe another build

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in