Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Century

Century Century Helicopters Support

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-22-2012, 08:00 PM   #21 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

stupid IPhone I quoted the wrong thing
Skookum support pilot
geomecc is offline        Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-22-2012, 08:57 PM   #22 (permalink)
Registered Users

Trust me, I feel your pain and can smell what you are stepping in!!
Tyler is offline        Quick reply to this message
Old 12-22-2012, 10:46 PM   #23 (permalink)
Registered Users

What i would do is call them ...Some people measure the outside of the bell, and see a wobble when the inside is the important point of contact should run true..I have had one like that myself..They just don't keep the tolerances on the outside finish to help keep cost down I guess...Apparently yours is not like this
If the clutch is dragging after alignment in the machine, then you have a problem for sure
Hate you are having this problem...
Billme is offline        Quick reply to this message
Old 12-22-2012, 11:15 PM   #24 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billme View Post
What i would do is call them ...Some people measure the outside of the bell, and see a wobble when the inside is the important point of contact should run true..I have had one like that myself..They just don't keep the tolerances on the outside finish to help keep cost down I guess...Apparently yours is not like this
If the clutch is dragging after alignment in the machine, then you have a problem for sure
bill, who do I call? is there someone specific I should speak to? if you have the number can you pm it to me. believe me I'm not happy either I love my predator gasser. I haven't been able to fly it for over a month. and I appreciate you trying to help
Skookum support pilot
Old 12-23-2012, 11:04 AM   #25 (permalink)
Registered Users

pm sent
Billme is offline        Quick reply to this message
Old 12-23-2012, 12:44 PM   #26 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Billme I agree the inside diameter is the more important part of the two. That being said even if it is the out side that is off to keep price down, quality should still be the concern inside or out. You take a part that is supposed to be symmetrical and rotates at the speeds the parts on these aircraft do you are asking for problems. An outside diameter out of tolerance will cause some virbrations regardless if you see them or not on the airframe. Over time these vibrations will wear on the airframe, the mounting hardware, the bearings ect. The problem is we has hobbiest don't hold these companies to the expectations they should and keep purchasing their products, thus creating a circle of an overpaid company. I bought a century helli refueling port and attached it to my Radikal G30 side frame. I installed the retaining/ jam nut to hold the port in place, to which the nut with threads not cut deep enough into the nut stripped completely out (and now because I know someone will ask I did not over tighten the nut). Again a lack of quality control on the companies part. This hobby is not cheap no matter what you fly, and to have companies take advantange of this with less than quality parts is uncalled for.
Old 12-23-2012, 01:41 PM   #27 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
pm sent
got it thanks. hopefully i can get this resolved.

apatche has a point. but especialy when customer service is reluctant to take care of a customer that has invested in a bunch of their products isnt a good way to keep customers
Skookum support pilot

Last edited by geomecc; 12-23-2012 at 01:46 PM.. Reason: add to point
Old 12-23-2012, 05:32 PM   #28 (permalink)
Registered Users

apache 83,

Century motto:

"The stock parts never fail for us, but we offer required upgrade parts for those unsuccessful with stock parts."
Tyler is offline        Quick reply to this message
Old 12-23-2012, 08:06 PM   #29 (permalink)
Registered Users

Geomecc...
I also have had this problem in the pass with two different clutch bells. I did the whole indicating thing and was Not Happy at all with the Wabble on the bell.
I did take the Bell and Pinion and true them out with still a Wabble once put back into the bearing block.
Then I notice realize its Not the bell but the Bearings themselfs that have the Play. I had some Boca and Swap them out. Re-indicated the bell and dialed in within .0005-.0001 T.I.R.
So as I had mention to you ( Geomecc ) over on RR.... Check for Play at the bearings as the bell maybe respectfully true...
I'm Not defending Century Nor am I Bashing them... just Pointing out my experience with similar Wabble you are experiencing.

So when it came to build a buddy's Predator and notice the Wabble, I just call up Boca and $20 later I had Better Quality bearings in the Main and Clutch bearing blocks. The clutch/Fan dialed in at .0006 and Clutch Bell at .001 ....... so indicated at .0016 T.I.R .

Excuse the Typos... via my cell
FRGY28 is offline        Quick reply to this message
Old 12-24-2012, 11:17 AM   #30 (permalink)
Registered Users

I did that and no difference. which is why I sent them in. also the reason I have been suggesting that the pinion be completely supported ( as its designed to be) when checking the "wobble" which they seem to be ignoring!
Skookum support pilot
Old 12-24-2012, 03:41 PM   #31 (permalink)
Registered Users

Not that you should have to by any means, but have you tried to film what you are describing and send it to them. Again don't know if you have the means or not, but may help get your point across.
Old 12-24-2012, 04:43 PM   #32 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by apache83 View Post
Not that you should have to by any means, but have you tried to film what you are describing and send it to them. Again don't know if you have the means or not, but may help get your point across.
no I sent everything in and described how I noticed it and exactly how to reproduce what I'm talking about. I am going to if they don't resolve it and send me them back. I never thought they would handle it this way. I've never had any trouble with customer service from any other helicopter manufacturer before. usually they just give u what u need to remedy the issue and write off the parts. these things happen when you mass produce parts or any kind of product it's understandable. but to not take care of a long time customer within reason is inexcusable.
Skookum support pilot
Old 12-24-2012, 07:12 PM   #33 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by geomecc View Post
these things happen when you mass produce parts or any kind of product it's understandable. but to not take care of a long time customer within reason is inexcusable.
agreed
Old 12-24-2012, 08:55 PM   #34 (permalink)
Registered Users

I spoke to Paul at century and he took care of me. I wanna thank bill for helping me out. Paul told me they checked the clutch bells the way I was suggesting and said that they were ok and believes my pinion may be the problem since its the only part in the clutch assembly that wasnt replaced so he is sending me one of my clutch bells and a new pinion hopfully thats it. and took care of the other two bells which is what I was asking for and I'm happy. century needs more people like Paul. thanks again. I will update when the parts are recieved and back in the Heli.
Skookum support pilot
Old 12-24-2012, 09:02 PM   #35 (permalink)
Registered Users

I told you Century would stand up, maybe you can get Will to change the subject title to something more appropriate
Lieutenant Dan is offline        Quick reply to this message
Old 12-24-2012, 09:17 PM   #36 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lieutenant Dan View Post
I told you Century would stand up, maybe you can get Will to change the subject title to something more appropriate
that's fine but I had make a big deal out of it sort to speak. to have it taken care of the way it's allegedly supposed to in the first place.
Skookum support pilot
Old 12-25-2012, 07:19 AM   #37 (permalink)
Registered Users

I have been fortunate. I only had to deal with motorotor and Dennis when the tail fin in the kit was cut wrong. They both treated me how I would expect any business to treat a customer. I give both of them props for customer service.

Sent from my HTC One V using Tapatalk 2
Old 12-25-2012, 02:15 PM   #38 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digger1973 View Post
I have been fortunate. I only had to deal with motorotor and Dennis when the tail fin in the kit was cut wrong. They both treated me how I would expect any business to treat a customer. I give both of them props for customer service.

Sent from my HTC One V using Tapatalk 2
Sounds like maybe the US Centurians should buy from the Canadian network in order to get the service that they deserve.
ngin is offline        Quick reply to this message
Old 12-26-2012, 09:48 AM   #39 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lieutenant Dan View Post
Yeah, sweep it under the rug, good job sir.

Century's apathy to customer complaints is legendary and is why threads like this exist, with any number of "experts" and field reps at the ready to strangle any complaints and blame the customer. Of course the field reps benefit from sales and have motive to shoot you down. Refer to this thread, your current experiences mirrored exactly. https://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=462292

Geomecc, I believe you are more that qualified and skilled enough to build the heli to be problem free. You may have to borrow items from other manufacturers parts bins, the end result would be what you desire from a safety and reliability standpoint.

Good luck and happy holidays.
wiredflyby is offline        Quick reply to this message
Old 12-26-2012, 10:16 AM   #40 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiredflyby View Post
Yeah, sweep it under the rug, good job sir.

Century's apathy to customer complaints is legendary and is why threads like this exist, with any number of "experts" and field reps at the ready to strangle any complaints and blame the customer. Of course the field reps benefit from sales and have motive to shoot you down. Refer to this thread, your current experiences mirrored exactly. https://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=462292

Geomecc, I believe you are more that qualified and skilled enough to build the heli to be problem free. You may have to borrow items from other manufacturers parts bins, the end result would be what you desire from a safety and reliability standpoint.

Good luck and happy holidays.
thanks wiredflyby . I really appreciate it.
Skookum support pilot
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in