Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Antique Out of Production and Vintage Helicopters > E-Sky Helicopters > HBFP V1/V2

HBFP V1/V2 E-Sky Honey Bee V1 & V2 Fixed Pitch

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-05-2008, 10:03 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default HBFP 2.4 ghz

My HBFP 2.4 ghz arrived tonight. I had a fp before but started hacking it. Decided I just wanted one to run stock. I had extra parts and motors from my old brushless conversion so this worked out well. It was dark when UPS got to the house. I had precharged my old pack so I opened the box, put in the xmitter batteries turned things on and walked to the street light. No problem at all. Apparently they test fly them at the factory. Can't wait for daylight. A little more relaxing than my trex's. I think esky has come a long ways from my old Ikarus piccolo many years ago. Oh yea.......better to not fly above the light at night!
skypup is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-06-2008, 08:13 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by skypup View Post
A little more relaxing than my trex's.
Can be flown in a wider variety of locations too
Blade 400, mSR, mCPX - Sonix SX450SE - Walkera 1#A, 4#3, 4#3A, 4#3B, 4G3
Dusty1000 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-21-2008, 07:12 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hello, I am brand new to RCs and I'm interested in getting a HBFP. It looks like the newest model is the 2.4Ghz version, but I am not able to find it at any online retailer. Can anyone suggest one?

Also, are there any other improvements with this version?

If I decide to replace the frame to the carbon-fiber frame one day, will it mask the 2.4Ghz signal? On a similar note, I have multiple 2.4Ghz wi-fi access points and phones in my house. Will the helicopter interfere with these? Sorry for all the questions. Thanks
vigor1 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-21-2008, 10:59 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by vigor1 View Post
Hello, I am brand new to RCs and I'm interested in getting a HBFP. It looks like the newest model is the 2.4Ghz version, but I am not able to find it at any online retailer. Can anyone suggest one?

If I decide to replace the frame to the carbon-fiber frame one day, will it mask the 2.4Ghz signal? On a similar note, I have multiple 2.4Ghz wi-fi access points and phones in my house. Will the helicopter interfere with these? Sorry for all the questions. Thanks
xheli has them for $99.00

What carbon frame? I know of the compy frame and its G10. But in short, no problems. Same with 2.4 in your home, no problems.
kelley is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-22-2008, 09:51 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by vigor1 View Post

I think it's exactly the same as the old version except with 2.4GHz electronics.

One thing I would say, it's advisable to get the lipo upgrade, which comes with a lipo balance charger. The stock NiMH battery is heavy, means short flight times and takes longer to charge.
Old 12-25-2008, 01:04 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

The 2.4 comes with a lipo. Just about impossible to get the CG right with it in stock form. No matter what I try I cannot get the thing to balance without adding weight to the nose.

The other difference is the servos are their new 8g digital model. Otherwise it's the same lovable HB FP.

I got mine from Xheli over Thanksgiving for $86 shipped. There is a free shipping code. I think it's 'cjfree2'.
Old 12-25-2008, 12:33 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thanks for the responses Will be purchasing it soon.
vigor1 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-25-2008, 01:12 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twmaster View Post
The 2.4 comes with a lipo. Just about impossible to get the CG right with it in stock form. No matter what I try I cannot get the thing to balance without adding weight to the nose.

The other difference is the servos are their new 8g digital model. Otherwise it's the same lovable HB FP.

I got mine from Xheli over Thanksgiving for $86 shipped. There is a free shipping code. I think it's 'cjfree2'.
You can cut the tail boom to get the CG right.
RomanC is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-25-2008, 02:29 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by RomanC View Post
You can cut the tail boom to get the CG right.
I'd rather not. I'll just make some sort of battery mount out of CF sticks and bubble gum...

Old 12-25-2008, 02:55 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:

For some reason I can't find the 2.4Ghz HBFP on Xheli. I see the CCPM models though.
road_rascal is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-25-2008, 03:40 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

http://www.xheli.com/2eshobee4rch.html
Old 12-25-2008, 05:59 PM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Just got this lil guy in the other day, my first single rotor heli

I'm having loads of fun, already had a few breaks, but still plenty of spare parts left! (ordered 1 of each part, 2 and 3 of some parts)

Definitely difficult to learn so far, but it does seem like a good beginner heli!
Jaguar_5 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-25-2008, 08:50 PM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Thanks. Not sure how I missed it.
Old 12-26-2008, 02:12 PM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

A lipo should be mounted beneath the 4 in 1 for best c of g. An elastic band will do the job in the meantime
Old 12-26-2008, 04:07 PM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I went ahead and ordered one (thanks Santa and Visa!). From what I read here this should be a nice way to get into a challenging heli. My mCX is still a blast though. Thanks Twmaster for the free ship code!
Old 12-26-2008, 09:32 PM   #16 (permalink)
Registered Users

Happy to help. One tip. Tape the antenna wires to the 4-in-1 else they may shake off. I think I read that in the HBFP Wiki entry.
Old 12-26-2008, 10:43 PM   #17 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Happy to help. One tip. Tape the antenna wires to the 4-in-1 else they may shake off. I think I read that in the HBFP Wiki entry.
I was just about to hop in this thread and recommend just that!!

After just one day, my antennae broke off!!

Now I'm going to have to find a replacement wire to use (any specific type necessary?) and solder it onto the pcb.

I recommend this as the FIRST thing to do before flying the 2.4 ghz HBFP! Preventative mods are FTW, I'm wishing I would've done it!!
Old 12-26-2008, 11:25 PM   #18 (permalink)
Registered Users

I'd strip the tiniest bit off the end and solder it back on. Unless you've lost it. Then any thin wire of the same length should do.
Old 12-27-2008, 02:37 AM   #19 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
I'd strip the tiniest bit off the end and solder it back on. Unless you've lost it. Then any thin wire of the same length should do.
I still have it

My dad has very precise soldering tips so I'll wait to go over there and fix it

Afterwards I'm guessing a generous glob of hot glue? Then perhaps reassemble the 4-in-1 and fill the hole the antenna pops out of with a drop of glue as well? Seems from first look that should support it well!

Thanks!

I will also add for any beginners, you better be capable of taking stuff apart and putting it back together - Before first flight you should definitely do A full vibration run-down, remove the entire flybar assembly, measure the distance each side is from the paddle control frame (I'm still new with my terminology please correct me on anything) then I flipped it upside down (so the weight of the bearings kept the assembly level) and balanced it between two objects, I used soda cans, spaced precisely apart, just like you must do with the main blades!

Make sure everything is balanced, and tightly assembled!! These are NOT toys! Perfect blade tracking is a must!! I put whiteout on ONE of my blades, so I can easily set the tracking (has to be done after any crash more then the most minor blade taps) I also chose to use the longer swash links, removed the flybar weights to increase response, did a battery holder mod, and then after a few flights adjusted the gyro and proportion a bit and been changing my trims and applying them mechanically through the servo arm length

I've learned a lot in a very short amount of time, and having a nicely balanced heli is CRUCIAL for learning how to hover! If I would have done just a bit more setup before my first attempts (I only balanced the main blades, no tracking or anything else) I surely would have had an easier time and avoided a few crashes !
Old 12-27-2008, 02:52 AM   #20 (permalink)
Registered Users

Two resources all new HBFP owner's should read:

Slyster's HBFP bible: http://www.slyster.com/heli/hbfpbible.html

Eflight-wiki entry for the HBFP: http://www.eflightwiki.com/eflightwi...tle=HoneyBeeFP

IMHO these are must reads.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in