Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Flybarless Helicopter Systems

Flybarless Helicopter Systems CSM Cyclock, Helitronix Multi-mixer, Spartan AP2000i, Firmtronix Digimix-3, Gyrobot, SK360and AC3X

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-14-2013, 03:40 AM   #21 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diggiz View Post
Thats interesting. So you guys are saying that the zyx-s with 1 sat is enough say on a 500 size heli? With all the cf frame do i not need an zyx, rx and a sat? Or a zyx-s and 1 sat is fine?
Cheers Gav
Given a choice, go with rx and sat. I did. Carbon frame and 2.4 multipathing with all the 2.4 signals around theses days the diversity reception helps and a 500 size doesn't notice the little added weight.
AXN FPV
Daddy is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-14-2013, 08:55 AM   #22 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location
Default Re: ZYX-S, DX6i, and Orange Satellite - need help

My Mini Titan V1 is a 450 class with a plastic main frame.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk 2
Old 08-05-2013, 01:47 PM   #23 (permalink)
Registered Users

So is it impossible to get the regular dsm2 dx6i to work with that setup?

sent from my RAZR Maxx running Eclipse 1.2
Greek6486 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-05-2013, 04:54 PM   #24 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

New method has just become available. I've yet to try it, but it looks promising. And the second video is dedicated to me LOL. Thanks very much bionicbone (RCG member).

Tarot ZYX Process to Bind a Satellite RX using DX8 or DX6i (8 min 30 sec)

For DR M (0 min 54 sec)
Goblin Speed | iKon
Dr. M is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-05-2013, 06:27 PM   #25 (permalink)
Registered Users

Timely update to this thread - I recently picked up another ZYX-S (first one died, switched to Robird) for my second 450. On my old setup, I used a single spektrum sat only with a DX6i and after some hair pulling and head scratching, I finally got it all to work. This time around, I have a full spektrum RX and 2 Orange sats - was hoping to use the 2 sats using the ZYX20 expansion module, but I'll be damned if I could get even a single sat to bind. I've tried all combinations I could think of to get it to work with no luck.

I'll check out the "new" approach in the vid, but my backup is to run the full RX and 1 sat.
boykster is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-05-2013, 08:17 PM   #26 (permalink)
Registered Users

And here's my report:

My ZYX-S was flashed with 4.01 - I followed the instructions EXACTLY several times with a few different orange sats, and even with a spektrum DSMX sat, no luck. I downgraded my firmware to 3.50 and it worked the first time. I bound a second Orange sat, and it worked. I then hooked everything up using the ZYX20 and it initialized properly and was working fine.

Need to test a) if I upgrade to 4.01 will I still be bound, and b) if with 4.01 I can do the bind using this method through the ZYX20. My only concern is if I lose bind somehow, I'll have to downgrade, bind, upgrade to be back in business.

That said - thanks to bionicbone for the detailed video!
Old 08-05-2013, 09:08 PM   #27 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Interesting. So the DX6i problems are related to the firmware version....
Goblin Speed | iKon
Dr. M is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-05-2013, 09:46 PM   #28 (permalink)
Registered Users

Apparently - I almost just gave up, and then when I re-watched the video for the fourth or fifth time I caught that his software version was 4.0 but his firmware was 3.50....

I haven't tried the bind again with 4.01 FW using the ZYX20, but I did install it (the expander) - it works fine under 3.50 FW, and an update to 4.01 is fine as well. sats stayed bound, and both are recognized.

What's interesting is I can bind using this method under 4.01 FW, and I get a 'red light' upon init, but the channels are all messed up. When I re-bind under 3.50 FW, everything works as expected.

Yet another oddball idiosyncrasy for this FBL controller. I have to say, the Robird G31 is way easier. Yes, you have to bind the sats using a full RX, but then you just plug and go.

Anyway, I'm back in business, and my wiring just got a LOT less complicated!
Old 08-07-2013, 06:47 PM   #29 (permalink)
Registered Users

My problem is that HobbyKing sold me a fake tarot zyx-s. It was probably a regular zyx with a zyx-s case.... Very frustrating, will never buy from them again.

Greek6486 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-19-2014, 12:45 PM   #30 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greek6486 View Post
My problem is that HobbyKing sold me a fake tarot zyx-s. It was probably a regular zyx with a zyx-s case.... Very frustrating, will never buy from them again.

I'm just curious, but how did you determine it was a fake ZYX-S and a ZYX instead. I only ask because I just received mine from Hobbyking and while the box says ZYX the unit itself appears to be authentic. I figured Tarott was using up old boxes to save money. ;-)
Old 03-21-2014, 08:27 PM   #31 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Question

Well, I managed to get the OrangeRX DSMX sat to bind and I was able to see movement in the zyx-s monitor when I moved the DX6i sticks. Unfortunately, after powering everything off, pulling the bind cable and relocating the throttle/power cable back to the aileron port I get nothing.
Old 03-21-2014, 08:45 PM   #32 (permalink)
Registered Users

I have not heard DSMX sat working with ZYX-S. I have DSM2 orange sat and also DSM2 Spektrum sat. One with ZYX-S and the two with ZYX-S2. I always bind with conventional receiver + Sat, then plug sat into the ZYX-S. If you have ZYX-S2, after getting it all set up you should do "Write Flash" so it powers up with those settings. My ZYX-S is a fake S2, it has the yellow S2 label and it did have a set button, where the real S2 just has a hole in the case, no button.
jbilliter is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-21-2014, 09:13 PM   #33 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

That is very strange regarding the fake S2. In my case I am just using a ZYX-S that I bought recently from Hobbyking. I followed these instructions posted earlier in the thread, which did seem to allow the DX6i (DSMX version) to bind just using the sat connected to the ZYX-S. The only trouble is that I lose it after returning from bind mode. In my case I was using v3.5 fw with v 4.0 software.

Quote:
Originally Posted by r3dskull View Post
Well at last I got it working here are the steps that worked for me using Tarot ZYX 3.0 software:

1.- Make sure in DX6i Modulation Type is set as "AUTO DSM-X ENABLE DSMX AND DSM-2 STANDAR RECEIVERS".
2.- Create and reset a new model on TX, make sure all trims, sub-trims and travels are by default.
3.- Connect: a) SAT to rudder ch, b) jumper cable between PIT/ELE/AUX and AIL, c) ESC to channel 1, d) USB cable
4.- Connect ESC to batt, SAT will get into bind mode, turn TX holding trainner for binding
5.- After binding wait for initialization and when you have the yellow flashing hold the reset button on gyro
6.- Click connect con software and hit "all data reset" button
7.- Click setup, click next and go to receiver option and select DSMX-2 (if you select DSM2-1 you'll get all channels moving without any TX input, if you whant to try each receiver option make sure that you hit the "all data reset button" before each test).
8.- Click next and you'll see channels working correctly on monitor tab (for some reason monitor tab shows the throttle as been reverse but don't change it on the TX as is actually OK).
Old 03-31-2014, 11:11 PM   #34 (permalink)
Registered Users

Argh used this thread to get mine bound to a Sat. Good news & bad news cripes!!! Okay I downgraded the firmware to 3.5 & got my Sat bound to the ZYX-S. The bad news is with all the set button pushing on the side of it frigging around I've managed to wear the set button completely away I think.

I guess I should have used a pen instead of a screwdriver So it is bound & functioning (confirmed in software) but I can't upgrade my firmware back to 4.01 from 3.50. Need a button to push still for that.....

Should I worry about that or just carry on with the 3.50 & set it up. Feel pretty friggin stupid right now Any advice is appreciated before I toss this thing & order a Robird!!!

Cam
qcman is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-09-2014, 07:17 AM   #35 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Need Confirmation

Hi Guys

I'm currently in the process of tyring to bind my ZYX-S with an OrangeRx DSMX Satellite & my DX6i (DSM2&DSMX).

I have downgraded from FW;4.01 to 3.50 & 3.01 and have tried all combinations mentioned here in each FW. I know its a long shot, but can the guys that say they have bound their OrangeRx Satellites to the ZYX-S confirm a few things -

1 - Is the OrangeRx Satellite a DSM2 (R100) or DSMX (R110X) version?
2 - What FW version are you running in your zyx?
3 - What software version are you running?
4 - Are you using a ZYX or a ZYX-S?

Cheers
evltoy is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
hobby king, orange, satellite, spektrum, zyx-s

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in