Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Kontronik Drives

Kontronik Drives Jazz and Jive ESC's and other Kontronik equipment support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-27-2013, 02:02 PM   #141 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wh1teAfr1can View Post
And to address the reason for differences in failure between the jibe and kosmik. The jive was sealed in plastic which completely isolated all components from oxygen which prevented it from burning. The kosmik due to large heatsink requirements and sure size due to needing more components for 14s it had to be built with an open stack up.
With Stolla on this, even the red "plastic" has a melting point, if the a Jive malfunctions like a Kosmik it would surely melt it and expose components to oxygen and viola bonfire.

Personally I have refrained from buying Kosmik, just too many beta niggles, first there was the card reader/hardware recalls, then firmware updates to address various issues, hell even the cut out for the plugs STILL have not been addressed, paying more than $800 for an ESC I expect, no demand perfection. Will stick to 12S and my VERY TRUSTY Jives for now. 14S with YGE might just be in my future. Rant over, K still has my loyalty for now.
Old hand at Planks
Peter
Vinger is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-28-2013, 09:18 AM   #142 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default Re: Kosmik 200 HV up in smoke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinger View Post
With Stolla on this, even the red "plastic" has a melting point, if the a Jive malfunctions like a Kosmik it would surely melt it and expose components to oxygen and viola bonfire.

Personally I have refrained from buying Kosmik, just too many beta niggles, first there was the card reader/hardware recalls, then firmware updates to address various issues, hell even the cut out for the plugs STILL have not been addressed, paying more than $800 for an ESC I expect, no demand perfection. Will stick to 12S and my VERY TRUSTY Jives for now. 14S with YGE might just be in my future. Rant over, K still has my loyalty for now.

Im sorry to say, but your sounding like my wife.. One of your jives can fail on you as well.All theories like plastics or no air to burn bla bla.. which product didnt had beta niggles?You think yge has a 100% clear list?

Products can fail, people who use them also. If you want to be a 100% sure nothing can happen, stay at home.

This goes nowhere people. There are also thousands with absolutly no probs. And im one of them with a few jives and kosmiks.

All this drama made a point and they are looking at what has cause this so give them some time and respect.All the theories will have absolutely no value unless you have facts.

Verstuurd van mijn GT-I9505 met Tapatalk

Last edited by bullet3030; 12-28-2013 at 10:37 AM..
bullet3030 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-28-2013, 11:15 AM   #143 (permalink)
Registered Users

Of course a Jive can fail. The difference is that the plastic case prevents a fire so the entire model is not destroyed. When I had a Scorpion ESC go up in flames the damage was close to $1k due to the ensuing fire. Had it been a Jive all I would have lost was the ESC.
Gscott is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-28-2013, 01:57 PM   #144 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullet3030 View Post
Im sorry to say, but your sounding like my wife.. One of your jives can fail on you as well.All theories like plastics or no air to burn bla bla.. which product didnt had beta niggles?You think yge has a 100% clear list?

Products can fail, people who use them also. If you want to be a 100% sure nothing can happen, stay at home.

This goes nowhere people. There are also thousands with absolutly no probs. And im one of them with a few jives and kosmiks.

All this drama made a point and they are looking at what has cause this so give them some time and respect.All the theories will have absolutely no value unless you have facts.

And you sound like a stuck grammaphone!

To be honest I have send two HJives back to K in Germany because they failed, BUT never did they burn or did the BEC failed, so no damage to my helis, they just shut down the ESC part, why can't the Kosmik do that?
Old hand at Planks
Peter
Old 12-28-2013, 02:16 PM   #145 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

You see, its always the other to blaim.

Instead.. you ever asked yourself if your not the one doing something wrong.

I have 3 jives power and heli. 2 kosmiks and had an 80hv as also a 80 CC and a number of others. No, issues at all.

I saw a guy who killed 3 scorpions and maybe 3 or 4 CC..in maybe a year or so.

What are the changes..

I choose too fly happy not stick with the drama

Old 12-28-2013, 02:36 PM   #146 (permalink)
Registered Users

I think I'm like a lot of people watching this thread. Too scared to comment in case bad-luck comes my way!!

Joking aside I'd be really interested to know how many people have had Kosmik failures when they've setup as-per-manual with the correct fuse in the correct place etc.
rebeltrousers is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-28-2013, 03:06 PM   #147 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullet3030 View Post
You see, its always the other to blaim.

Instead.. you ever asked yourself if your not the one doing something wrong.

I have 3 jives power and heli. 2 kosmiks and had an 80hv as also a 80 CC and a number of others. No, issues at all.

I saw a guy who killed 3 scorpions and maybe 3 or 4 CC..in maybe a year or so.

What are the changes..

I choose too fly happy not stick with the drama

Slowly with the accusations here old bullet, maybe you know very little!! You only joined in 2010, me in 2007 when I started with helis, before that planks, from pattern to large scale aerobats, so I assume you want to argue with my experience and knowledge on RC modeling, then do it via PM, the fact is the Kosmik 200 has flaws which the HJ, PJ does not have. My PJives have not skipped a beat since buying my first one when they were released, even with early firmware they NEVER FAILED, not even an error code ever!

But let' do the HF thing FUN, LEARNING, FRIENDSHIP AND MUTUAL RESPECT all to easy to degrade an anonymous user on an open forum.
Old hand at Planks
Peter
Old 12-28-2013, 03:47 PM   #148 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

No worries, ive seen more who are maybe one or 2 year longer in this hobby and there arrogants where just whats keeping them from what this hobby stands for.No intress in any drama communication or pb just tryed to let people stay realistic.

I never accused anyone of anything.

Im out.

Peace!

Old 12-28-2013, 05:08 PM   #149 (permalink)
Registered Users

I thought Christmas would be a celebration of peace..

So, no further use of fire means, please. Let's leave this to the KOSMIK.

Before I forget it: HNY 2014 to all of you!
Old 12-28-2013, 07:41 PM   #150 (permalink)
HF MR Support

Default Kosmik 200 HV up in smoke

Peace to all.
I have had 3 x jive 120 HV failed on me and had to be sent back to KT.
I've since got rid of all my Jives and HJ and moved to Kosmik on my fleet.
Touch wood, so far so good but I do use a fuse in all of them though.
Old 12-29-2013, 09:46 AM   #151 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

And already a happy 2014 may all of you have a great flying season with plenty of joy and laughter..

Old 12-30-2013, 07:33 PM   #152 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by moppba View Post
Today my kosmik 200 went up in smoke. While flying my trex 800 I lost all control and watch the heli land and flip on its side. Its only then when I saw smoke coming from the heli and rushed to the scene. This is my Sunday heli with very little flight time. She has about 40 flights or less to date and every time she flew flawlessly. esc external temp was always about 45-50 degrees c or so. The motor, pyro 750-50 about 55 degrees. I was on my second lipo when the incident happened. I don't have an sd card installed so cant pull any logs. I don't do any 3D so I am puzzled why this happened. This is my first kosmik esc and I had high expectations from it since my helijives gave me great service. I currently have a helijive in my gobby 770 and she works great with my scorp 4530-450 motor. I sent kontronik an email wanting to know weather I should include the pyro motor when I post the esc. I am really disappointed about this. I see there is quiet a lot of posts about failing kosmiks.
I don't know if someone mentioned this before.....but...

On page 15 of my Kosmik 200HV instruction manual.....it's states in bold print....

to use the fuse.....

And to use the mounting bracket....and NOT use cable ties(straps) to fasten the Kos to your airframe....

Peak aircraft has a nifty CF adapter bracket that has a bolt hole pattern that matches that of the Kos.

http://www.peakaircraft.com/Products...n=D135&pID=239

If this is a repeat, my apologies
EEngineer is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-01-2014, 07:08 PM   #153 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stolla View Post
Tbh i dont care what manual says, i buy k esc because i want to run without buffer pack, been doing so for 6 years on plenty jives, my concern is i 've never heard about a jive fire and there must be plenty more out there than kosmik, couple fires now on kosmik.
I totally agree.
350+ flights on both machines (TDR) both HJ120 and one Pyro700-52 the other the massive 4530-540.
Never did a thing and of course both without buffer pack at 5.6V from ESC's BEC.
billiano is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in