Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > CJY Total-G FBL System

CJY Total-G FBL System Curtis Youngblood Total-G FBL Flybarless System Software and Hardware Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-26-2010, 10:05 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Governor setup on an electric

Can someone please explain to me how to set up the governor on an electric heli with the Total G? I must be an idiot because I cannot find any mention of it in any forums. I have read the instructions over and over and I just don't get it. Mine is working, but I cannot figure out how to adjust my headspeed???
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-26-2010, 10:28 PM   #2 (permalink)

To use the governor with an electric helicopter, you will first install the magnet in the main tail drive gear. (The tail drive gear that is on the main shaft) You will then line the sensor up with the magnet the same way you would with a nitro machine with the magnet in the fan or clutch bell. Now set the gear ratio to 1 in the Total-G. This is a 1 to 1 ratio. Now select the Aux channell that will be used to control the head speed of the governor, and adjust from there as needed.

I hope this helps some.

Brian
Buzzin Brian is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-26-2010, 10:54 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Thanks Brian,

That is exactly how I have it now. What do I do with the throttle curves in Normal and idle up mode? Do they affect the headspeed? When I flip the switch (aux), I cannot see that the headspeed is changing.

And I have them set about 15% apart.
Old 08-26-2010, 11:25 PM   #4 (permalink)

You will have to hover over the actuall head speed box with your mouse to see the changes being made with the switch changes. Are you using the governor function of the transmitter?

Brian
Old 08-27-2010, 07:27 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Brian,
I don't follow you exactly. I don't know of a governor function in the transmitter. Maybe that is what I am missing. I just know how to set up the throttle curves. But I am guessing that the throttle curves are no longer going to affect the exact headspeed. That is fine with me, but I notice that in NORMAL mode that when I spool up low stick is still "off". So when I begin to raise the stick, at what point is the Total G controlling the esc? Should I set the throttle curves to...

Normal - 0-100-100
Idle Up - 100-100-100

Then use my travel endpoints on the AUX channel to adjust the headspeed?

I still apologize for my confusion. I realize no one else is having this issue. It doesn't help that my three wires that go between the esc and motor are harder than hell to get to. I have to remove the head and main gear to reach the wires. So when I hover the mouse over the box I have to duck! (Just kidding)

Am I supposed to have the governor on Normal, Active throttle, or the other option (can't remember what it was)
Old 08-27-2010, 09:58 AM   #6 (permalink)

If it were mine, I would indeed set throttle curves. If the sensor fails for whatever reason, you will want a safe curve to default back to. So yes, set the curves. Your transmitter might or might not have a function pre-programed into it to control a governor. For instance the JR 9303 has this function. With this function active, there is a screen you can go into in the programing of the transmitter to set the desired head speeds in the desired flight modes. If your transmitter does not have this, you will simply change the travel adjust for the channell you have chosen to be used to adjust the head speed. In your case, the gear channell. If your transmitter has a switch for the gear channell, be sure to check this switch in both positions when setting the head speeds. As they might not be the same.

As for the mode you decide to use, that is up to you. I tend to like active mode. But then again, I am a nitro guy. For an electric I would tend to think that normal mode would be best. But I could easilly be wrong. I know if it were mine, I would likely run it in normal mode on an electric.

I hope this helps some.

Brian
Old 08-27-2010, 10:30 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

What is the difference between active and normal gov?
Old 08-27-2010, 10:44 AM   #8 (permalink)

Active mode follows your throttle curves and any mixes, only making adjustments when needed to maintain the target head speed. Normal mode only trys to hold the target head speed you have set, and does not pay attention to your throttle curves or mixes.
Old 08-27-2010, 11:14 AM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Nice option
Old 08-31-2010, 04:13 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

when you set the throttle hi and low do you have to set the low to idle or the 30% so the throttle % on the right side off the software says -30 % at low stick and 0% at 30%
Trex 600 EFL Pro super combo,BeastX
d3sbo is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in