Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > nano CP X Brushless Mods

nano CP X Brushless Mods Blade nano CP X Brushless Mods Information and Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-17-2014, 02:33 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Smile Extending tail boom for HH Brushless?

I'm new to this hobby, and I've just replaced the stock motor on the ncpx after a month of hovering around. When I make huge changes in throttle, the tail moves around.

I'm picking up some stuff from Xtreme production and chanced upon this tail boom with 7mm tail rotor.

I see a lot of people talking about extending the tail boom. I'm thinking of getting the 117mm tail boom and 7mm motor (on this page) and doing it by myself.

What kind of tools and supplies do I need to do it?

Thank you for reading.
Veridis is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-17-2014, 11:19 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

If you buy just the motor and not the entire assembly it only comes with a couple inches of wires and no connector for your 3 in 1 board. You will need to cut the wires off an old tail motor and solder them to the motor. My solder skills are very basic and I was able to do this and get the 7mm tails running on my helis. Just make sure you wrap them or use some heat shrink so they don't short out at the solder points. If you're making it yourself you'll need the tail motor mounts, too. They come 2 in a pack which I didn't realize, so now I have 4 tail motors and 6 extra motor mounts. Hope that helps. Their DFC setup is also nice with the thicker feathering shaft if you're putting together an order from Xtreme.
heli bells is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-18-2014, 04:52 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Ah, it was their DFC head and aluminum swash that attracted me to their website in the first place!

Guess I will have to buy a soldering iron and start watching youtube to learn how to solder then, haha.
Veridis is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-18-2014, 06:01 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hey heli, id the black lead from the 7mm motor the equivalent of the green wire on A stock tail setup? I want To keep it so green wire stays on the outside of the 3 in 1 plug so i don't forget and confuse them when doing future breakdown's.
HeliKhorazy is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-18-2014, 07:42 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

That's how I have it connected, black to green and red to white, but I can't remember if i had to flip the connector using this way, sorry. Either way, you can just mark the outer side with a sharpie so you know orientation when you're reassembling. HTH
heli bells is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-18-2014, 07:46 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thanks a bunch.
HeliKhorazy is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-19-2014, 07:51 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

I recommend a length of 125mm (5.9 inches) I tried multiple lengths and this length seems to be the appropiate one to avoid the tail from blowing out. I eventually added a brushless tail motor upgrade from astroiddesigns.com and wow is all I have to say. It is solid even while doing extreme pitch pumps on any battery level.
Andrillox is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in