Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Walkera Helicopters > Genius CP

Genius CP Walkera Genius CP Helicopter Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-15-2012, 03:52 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default gear replacement parts for the genius cp servo..

HI everyone! am new to helifreak and recently bought a new genius cp, LOVE IT!!! it's my first cp helicopter. being doing a lot of Sim work, and flying the genius as much as i can.... but had a bad crash the other day and stripped the gears on my elevator servo... will definitely be trying the "servo saver mod" I've seen on here; but does anyone know where i get get replacement gear sets that ship to Australia? have only found them on 1 German site... and they're chip as.. just a few euro... but they don't ship outside of Europe... little help?? thanks!!
oxide1 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-15-2012, 07:52 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

I wouldn't do this just for servo gears but set up a forwarding address, where the supplier send to this address and they send it onwards to you, so it looks like an EU address. Here is one in the UK I found by using google, but I haven't checked fees or anything like that.
https://www.forward2me.com/
PaulsBA is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-15-2012, 09:26 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

thats a pretty good idea.... hadn't even considered that as a option.... will make some enquires and then some maths... find out if it's cost effective vs just replacing the whole servo... thanks for the tip!
Old 09-16-2012, 01:37 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

i think this is only going to be worth it if buying bulk gear sets.... 10 sets plus... two sets of postage, plus joining fees for the overseas mailbox... and there is no way of knowing what the second postage from the overseas mailbox to me is going to be untill it gets to that mailbox... think i'll keep this in the back of my mind as the finally solution and keep on searching.... thanks again for the heads up though!
Old 09-17-2012, 01:26 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

A few people I work with do this with stuff they buy out of the USA. They find it works out cheaper but being women it's mostly clothing etc, so given the weight, it is probably worth it for them. Your other option is to go to the Hobby King equivalent and then swap the wires around,but to be honest I have been burnt by Hobby King so personally I won't use them. It may be worth an email to a few of these false mailing adressess and ask them what their fees are like. If you know you will use the German supplier on a frequent basis its worth looking at the investment.

The other option is to send an email to OOmodels.com asking when they will be getting more stock as they are sold out of the gear sets http://www.oomodel.com/walkera-geniu...t-p-62585.html

Edit - (I damn well forgot to mention) There is also a quick fix that will help you in the short term. It involves opening up the servo, finding which teeth have been destroyed and rotating that gear so that the missing teeth are on the opposite side to the original position. This is supposed to work. Look at http://benmlee.com/Genius_Others.htm where he says
"
Here is how to rotate the gear to a new area: Open up the upper cover of the stock Genius servo, and check which gear is broken. Usually is the big ones that don't rotate that much. If that is the case, just slightly separate the gears by force, and rotate to a good portion of the gear. You can reuse a broken gear 2, 3 even 4 times if you rotate them a little to a new section each time."
PaulsBA is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-17-2012, 06:15 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

thanks paulsba!! have opened up the servo and checked the gears, is waaaay to many teeth stripped to just rotate a bit, (was'nt quick enough on the throttle hold.. panicked... ) joining fee's aren't too bad for these mail boxes... it's the not knowing what the postage is going to be from the box to me that's an issue... and they can't tell you till the package arrives... just like to know my costs upfront.... and how long it's going to take.. oomodel have apparently been been out of that main gear for months from what i've seen, and they don't seem to have a good rep for customer service.....really appreciate your help!! going to keep up the search for a bit and see what i can come up with, will make sure to post it if i find any other options!!! peace and light breezes!
Old 08-07-2015, 03:00 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulsBA View Post
I wouldn't do this just for servo gears but set up a forwarding address, where the supplier send to this address and they send it onwards to you, so it looks like an EU address. Here is one in the UK I found by using google, but I haven't checked fees or anything like that.
https://www.forward2me.com/
I can offer some information as i use to forward from UK goods for a while. I got my UK mailing address not with this forwarder, but with www.myukmailbox.com and i pay £2.99 a moth for it. For this price I've free storage up to 2 weeks and access to an online management tool. It's enough for me, but there are many other options before hands like repackaging, consolidation and others.

I use to reship from UK anything starting with cupboard foods and ending with clothes, car pieces and many others. They will never reship perishable goods.

That's my two cents on using a UK forwarding address for UK shopping. Hope it helps.
Tommy_S is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in