Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Gaui Helicopters > Hurricane 425

Hurricane 425 Discussion and support of the Gaui Hurricane 425

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-14-2011, 08:43 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default It is time to say goodbye...

I hope that by this thread I’m not breaching any HF rules (If yes, just please let me know ) but please do not consider this as regular WTS add.

So, with regret I have to say that due to the lack of time and the fact that I got X5 I have no other option than to find new home for my Hurricane. As people in Gaui section helped me so much I feel like obliged to let you know about it before selling it via my local forum.

There is nothing wrong with it, never crashed (ever, never) and other than lack of time and X5 on board there are no other reasons why I am selling it. If you ask me it is mint condition, flies like a dream, everything woks perfect and I believe it has about 50 non-3D flights (never counted it precisely but I truly fly rarely).

With that said, here it is (together with the direct reason of why am I selling it ):

The heli is based on Gaui Hurricane 425XF like this: http://www.hobbypeople.com/shop/inde...0c761d889017a8

It means this was 425 with CF frame (large and medium servos mounts). I have everything what was in the kit including original box (GF canopy, 1500W/1100kV motor, 50A ESC, BEC and GF 425 blades), however I have made some changes to the setup. In particular - mid boom, Gaui 500mm blades, KBDD tail (will keep orange, but will supply yellow), 550 paddles, Align T600 3D orange skids.

Most current setup is:
  • Spektrum DS821 on the swash
  • Futaba S9254 on the tail
  • Spartan DS760 gyro with the USB link
  • Tonic-X/Z-Power 980kV
  • Gaui 50A ESC
  • Turnigy 5A BEC
  • X5 500mm CF blades and yellow KBDD tail (coming from my X5 as per the above pic)
  • Spektrum AR6200 with sat (will keep it if you do not need it)
I do have a lot of other parts like brand new HobbyWing 100A ESC (like the one in X5), VBX OWB, barely used Tonic-X/Z-Power 1100kV, bigger BEC, 475mm woodies, some spares, 3x BlueBird swash servos, spare new DS821, 2x 2800mah 6s Zipy,, 2x 3000mah 6S Nano...

If you are interested just send me your proposal via PM so we can discuss the details, but please no low-ballers - I'd rather keep it
Jack2010 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-17-2011, 03:28 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Is there something wrong with my thread and/or heli so that there is absolutely no interest so far? Or is it that my offer is inappropriate here? Or else...
Jack2010 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-18-2011, 12:07 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack2010 View Post
Is there something wrong with my thread and/or heli so that there is absolutely no interest so far? Or is it that my offer is inappropriate here? Or else...
Hi Jack,
I don´t think it´s one of the above mentioned from you ...
- perhaps it`s only the wrong time at the moment: the new guys who wanted a Gaui got them already and the others still hesitate
- perhaps many are afraid of high shipping costs to their country.

All I can say:
1. your Hurri looks very well built by a skillfull fellow Hurricane Pilot,
2. this offer could be really interesting for every beginner

Sorry that I have 2 Hurris550 already, otherwise I would have investigated your offer more.
Old 09-18-2011, 01:13 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

It's a nice spec heli Jack,but I thinkthat there are a few of things counting against you ...

* This is mainly a US focused site and a lot of Americans won't buy things from outside the USA
* It's the wrong time of the year - coming into winter for most
* people much rather see a price rather than just "make me an offer"

Good luck - though I think that it's a shame that you're selling
Mikej is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-18-2011, 01:29 AM   #5 (permalink)
HF MR Support

Mike is right...I would LOVE to have it...The CF Frame is what I'm after for the 550...
I have a Plastic Fantastic 550 now and it would be come the "Back up" Bird...
Here on the west coast, we have 2 more months of good flying weather.
Shipping is a BIG factor too...Just boils down to having to wait for me...
PT

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in